Diablo IV Announcement Discussion

The issue is it’s a single player campaign and story so once you play through once it’s done, and Diablo being a game of sequels it would greatly impact the lore should any user decisions be enabled to change the fate.

The factions in Diablo with Lillith would likely be the Triune (Evil) and the Cathedral of Light (Good), Rhykkers lore series is a great way to understand, this one explains Lilliths first time trying to corrupt:

I like the concept of a living world where the things you do impact, one concept of this and heaven forbid Diablo is this bad, but fallout 76 when you nuke areas and everything is super buffed. Poor execution but a good idea, I think perhaps things like if you make a decision to execute an NPC or something, then it corrupts the sourounding areas. Or if you make the decision in the side of light you get buffs and map keys.
But again ultimately while I like the concept in gameplay, for areas and events, I do nmot like the idea of the main protagonist not ending the game with a singular story outcome.

why does it have to end?

what if they made D4 run for years with constantly adding expansion packs to it like they did with WoW?

you are assuming D5 would have to be relevant…

but what if there is no D5? what if D4 just kept going and going and ended up having 10 expansion packs released over 18 years or something…

let’s not have a D5…

D4 FOR LIFE BRO

But I actually don’t want to make it WoW.

What I mean to say is IF they add open world mechanics where you make light vs dark choices which I am not against especially pertaining to end game replayable missions, but the story needs an ending for single players, as at the root of things that is what Diablo is, which is not an open ended free for all MMO, it’s a single player story driven game.

true, true…

it should be better, Diablo gameplay is way better than MMO gameplay…

I like what they showed, but like most D2 fans I am concerned about some stuff, I think this is a mix of d2 and d3 but it’s more about D3

• we need character stats
• items need stat requirements
• TRADING 100% not only basic items
• magic items should also be end game
• party group should be at least 6 players (I currently play D2 ladder very season and each ladder reset I play with friends and trust me we all want to play together and we need to make 2 teams of 8)
• better runeword system this one to be honest is really simple and bad
• we do NOT need paragon levels

Also another big thing I think is important is, we need to be able to find any class item with very characters, I don’t want my barbarian finding only barbarian items and finding gear shouldn’t be that easy like D3

I am going to buy the game because I am a diablo fan but that doesn’t mean I’ll be playing it, it all depends if I enjoy the last version of it once it’s released, I bought diablo 3 collectors edition and I barely played the game

I hope blizzard read all our comments and take a gold decision

I have an idea/suggestion about mounting - demounting at D4.

We will have 4 skills and left/right mouse skills. Every skill could be to have different, unique, own demounting effect. For example, if press 1, then different demounting effect, press 2 different… and so on. Also every character will have their own demounting effect. There will be five character and 6 skills then grand total will be 30 different demounting effect.

Secondly, We already know that there will be different mounts. First of them will be a horse. Could we have different flyable mounts? For example, dragons, eagles, bees, flies (of course dragons would be cooler than others :slight_smile: ) ?

Would be nice?

@Blizzard: We all know Diablo 4 will probably be a game that does not see a successor for quite some time after its release (looks like D3 will have been the primary Diablo title for around a decade until D4 releases) and considering that the release still appears to be quite a way from now, I would highly recommend that you add raytracing support to the graphics engine!
Why? Because raytracing is already confirmed to be implemented in the next console generation that will launch rather soon (on which D4 is almost certainly going to be released) as well as any modern graphics card that will be released from 2020 and onwards, no matter which manufacturer. It will become a very common feature of any modern game released in the near future and will make a tremendous difference on current modern hardware and hardware that will be released during the lifespan of DIV (~2021/2022 until 2030-ish?).
So please, Blizzard, add Raytracing to D4 - I believe that lighting/reflections etc. alone would drastically improve the appearance of D4 (just look how Minecraft changed just by way of implementation of Raytracing…). With Raytracing implemented in the D4 engine you would truly be enabled to make the dark look that you are striving for come true. Thanks! :wink:

1 Like

Raytracing is a must… but it should be in a menu… where we can turn it on or off… they did that in D2…

2 Likes

Hello Blizzard team,

is there a way to share my thoughts about “lessons learned” from previous Diablo3?

e.g.:

• leveling to max level in 5 minutes is boring (should take time like in d2)
  • monsterlevel = playerlevel is boring
  • Uniques drop every 20 second… (you show have to farm a lot and trade and farm and trade till you get the one unique you want for your build)

Meh.
I was expecting another addon for Diablo 3. :laughing: Yes, I did.

Not some MMO-ish World of Diablo aka Diablo 4. That I have to wait another 10+ years to be released. :unamused: If there is no Silngle player option I’m not interested.

And the Skills are going to be cut yet again to this 4-buttons-nonsense due to the console release… :sob: I don’t want to play 1-button-character. Give me tons of buttons to press and you’d have my attention.

Any word on Mac support? My partner and I really are looking forward to this and we’re pretty disappointed when overwatch wasn’t supported. Diablo has always been a firm favorite in our household. We’ve bought every game since the original Diablo. Please say the answer is yes!

1 Like

• Ice, fire, poison, lighting effects on physical attack.
• Elemental Gems.
• Gems specific sockets.
• Craft system.

2 Likes

I have a couple of issues looking at D4, firstly resist and immune on monsters in d2 was far superior in terms of a difficulty mechanic.
Socondly that frozen affix which is nearly identical to D3 they somehow made it look even more cartoon looking, like please just stop, I get that they want affixes and visual queues for plsyers but these things look horribly out of place…

I have to say, im very very excited for D4. Diablo has long been one of my favorite series, and im highly excited for this!

The wait is going to kill me, but I’ll manage. Lol

I love that D4 will be going back to the darker, more ominous and gothic look of D2, but keeping (so far) the best parts of D3. I like the early look of the Skill and Talent trees, and i love that it is an open/shared world with instanced dungeons!

I love that the game direction is less gear-focused, but still has an important place for gear to augment your skills and abilities.

Its looking great so far, Blizzard! Just… speed up development a but. Lmao

Whenever Mac is using “Metal” it will be hard to adapt games to Mac. PCs are using DXD11 or 12. You probably know bootcamp to play games lossless anything?

This is a great idea Nev.
Unfortunately, anyone could be forgiven for thinking the DIII forums no longer exist.
It may be a reasonable idea to create a new section called ‘Diablo IV Discussions?’
Just an observation.

EDIT: i.e. until you get a dedicated DIV forum.

Its great that you can eventually max out all skills with skill points and skill tomes.
But i think it would be best, if you only hit the Softcap with it, the real Hardcap should only be achievable through item affixes.
Lets say the Skills Softcap is 10, the Hardcap should be 15 or 20, so you really have to find those items and make some sacrifices to get those unique milestone effects, that no one else is getting that easily. Make those capstone effects really special, so its worth investing into them.
Or dont have a hardcap at all and let us go crazy with stacking affixes on our favorite skill, i dont expect an endless amount of milestones though.

1 Like

So, it’s been confirmed that Diablo 4 will feature cosmetic microtransactions. Please, PLEASE do not lock the best looking gear behind a paywall. If there are cosmetic items, please make sure there is a way to obtain the best looking transmogs / gear through pure gameplay. This is not a free to play game, we’re going to have to pay full price for the game its self, along with future expansion packs. With that in mind, please understand that it is absolutely unreasonable to expect people to pay to have their character look cool. Path of Exile uses this system, but it is a 100% free to play game, so they need to do that for the purpose of funding their game.

3 Likes

Below my suggestions:

[Itemization]

1. Number of affixes
    As we know there is no main character stat (str/def/int) in current version of items. Is it good? Imo it is, also i don’t mind there is only attack/defense ‘indicator’ until there are other affixes like cc, cd, etc… but the number of them in items should be increased deffinetly.

2. White/blue/yellow items purpose
    In D3 these items are trash and mats sources only. To avoid it in D4 and give them some meaning here is my idea:

• white - require for crafting (see number 3)
  • blue - mats source
  • rare - using on character until upgrade
  1. Crafting
    As mentioned it would require white item + some mats etc. But what would make crafted item competitive to Legendary item? ONLY crafted item would have 1 affix more than every item. Example based on D3 item: Legendary item has legendary power and 4 primary stats; crafted item has no legendary power but has 5 primary stats.

2. Ancient set/legendaries
    Ancient items are a good idea in D3 where legendaries drop rate is extremely high but in D4 with smaller drop rate (i really hope for it) it can cause that ‘basic’ legendaries will loose their uniqueness and become trash. There are two options to avoid it:

• remove Ancients items at all,
  • make Ancients items ethereal (from D2, item that cannot be repair), it is stronger version of basic one but after some time it brakes and become unusable
  1. Drop rate of legendaries
    It should be something between Ancient and Primal chance to drop in D3. When Legendary drops it should make a smile on our face and require time. NO for D3 legendary rain drop.

2. Runewords
    I have played a lot in D2 and i love rw from it. However i like an idea of rw from D4. In D2 we were getting a full ready item, but there were only few where we cared about stats, mainly we cared about some extra other class’ skills. In D4 system a good thing is that we can use it in every type of item, i mean white, blue, rare, set and legendary (D2 only white). I see a lot of possibilities in builds, but hope there will be more combinations 3-4 maybe even 5-6 runes.

[Trading]

Ad you know Blizz sugested 3 types of items:

1. Tradeable with no restrictions
  2. Tradeable once and account bound after
  3. No tradeable at all

Imo there shouldn’t be point 3. All items we can find should be tradeable. White, blue, rare, runes, gems should belong to group 1. and all craft, set, legendary, mythic items to group 2. Period.

[Weather/enviroment system]

I would like to see some iteraction with it, not only a visual effect. Example: snowy area would cause -X cold resist; desert -X fire resist, rain -X light resist or +X light dmg dealt, something like that.

[Key dungeons]

I like the idea but i am affraid that it is GR2.0. There shouldn’t be uncapped Key levels. It will make we will get another XX difficulties, items will be buffet with every patch/expansion and we’ll be getting more and more numbers… make it simple. Make 3-5 levels of keys only. Keys should work only on highest difficulty and highest dungeon level (40? for now). Basic dungeon lvl40 should cuase an effort on us already and every key level should double (or x 150%) the difficulty. Example: level 1 key doubles basic dungeon; level 2 doubles level 1 and x4 basic dungeon; level 3 doubles level 2 and x8 basic dungeon, etc. It shouldn’t be easy to reach last key level after week or two of playing. Give us a challenge please.

1 Like

I’m very exited for this game and I hope it’s everything we hope it to be, however the micro-transactions thingy you announced for cosmetics is worrying me a lot and I think that’ll ruin this game a lot and make many players angry with this decision.

We have to pay for the base game + all future expansions only to have all the “cool” looking gear locked behind a pay wall? That defeats the purpose of a game like Diablo were loot matters so much. Just my concern…

1 Like