Diablo IV Announcement Discussion

Like Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer if you’re not American?

Good for Blizzard to have competition. They even stated that as respect to Grinding Gears Games. It’s a complicated deep game with flaws, but nevertheless, a great game…something D3 should have been having had the success of D2 and it’s cult D2 fanboys.

I from Russia Blizzard do please Diablo 4 interesting and deep game not upset us his fans please.

почему diablo 4 не на ps 5?

It’s in English.

Diablo IV: Platforms and Controllers

The next generation of consoles meaning PS5 and others. :wink:

The first in David Kim’s 2-part blog series on System Design is now live. Go give it a read!

8 Likes

Interesting and actually fun to be part of the community with the developer feedback. Kinda makes me feel I’m involved! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

two to three normal Affixes are currently equivalent in power to a Legendary power on most items.

Well if ancient items rather than giving more attack/defense…gave 1-2 more normal affixes…that would be an inherently more interesting system, right?

Disclaimer : I use ancient but it could be rares…the rarity literally has no meaning to me. What matters is that attack/defense(aka iLvL) is the same between the types of rarity(short of like mythic items).

It would mean that odds are wearing the ancient item would be more powerful on affixes alone, but you can start picking and choosing your preferred stats…and if on top of that you accidentally roll those affixes on your preferred legendary…all the more excitement.

A casual player would/should pick their preferred legendary item(but not be particularly punished for that mindset). A hardcore player would choose what gives them more power. As long as it means there’s a less than %30 difference between the two crowds(at equal ilvl)…then we’re not gonna have problems.

It also means the devs can just spend time creating interesting normal affixes over time.

Sounds like a win win to me.

TLDR; Attack/Defense should be the same across all rarities(exception Mythics) and only scale higher on iLVL

Legendaries should have 2-3 normal affixes(1 legendary affixes), Ancients should have 4-5 normal affixes(1 legendary affix), Rares should have 3-7 normal affixes(0 legendary affixes). Consequently 7 affix rares should be indeed…rare.

More affixes plz

Make the game hard as Diablo I. We need challanges, some want easy games but Diablo must be hard, like it was in beginning of the story.

1 Like

Sorry, the new Blogpost Just say’s:

• we have no Idea’s
  • we dont know what we doin

The MAIN discussions are offline/online and MMO Playstile.

2 Likes

I agree entirely !!!

1 Like

Though it sounded like it held back on some important details, it’s at least a start.

I do not know what D4 buisiness model will be , but one thing is sure. You need to make people pay extra charge on the several big contents. For example, like POE bm, it is neccessary to maintain the quality of contents. If the price of extra things are reasonable, i willing to pay for it.
The package selling style is old fashioned.
That’s strategy just for console.
It is bad to both company and player.

PoE bowel movement?

1 Like

Cheeky :joy:

Correct me if I’m wrong, Humetro, but I believe they made a small typo and meant MB for mystery boxes, not BM for bowel movement :sweat_smile:

What I think D4 must have to succeed.

1.A large selection of highly customizable skills with a lengthy meaningful progression and multiple sources of discovery.

2.A deep selection of diverse items that are all capable of being viable in some way throughout the entirety of the game.

3.A large talent tree(exponentially larger than in demo) that contains character defining modifications as well as possible multi class/class upgrades. Respecs should be allowed at a significant cost.

4.Game content that offers a challenge through different mechanics and not simply inflation of damage and density.

5.Progression should have a difficult to achieve limit but be finite. Infinite scaling should not replace content and should not exist in any form.

6.Power creep should be contained at all costs, the motto of never nerf has to go.

7.Item tiers need to exist with the most valuable items only being obtained in the most difficult content.

8.Players should be free to trade any item with very few restrictions, the most notable being a BoA on trade of the highest tier items.

9.The damage calculation should be strictly additive.

10.There should be a noticeable presence of rules being enforced and a zero tolerance to cheating of any kind.

11.A crafting system with depth capable of creating valuable and unique items.

12.An endgame with multiple unique viable options.

13.Character power should have even contributions from items, skills, and talents.

14.The game should make it very easy to communicate and group up with other players.

15.Cooldowns should be utilized as little as possible(preferably none), instead using multiple resources, diminishing returns, and charged skills.

16.Drop rates low enough to make the rarest items feel rewarding

I’m sure there is more I am missing and more that I would prefer that aren’t a must.

My thoughts on D4. There are two aspects of what has been shown so far that I believe blatantly displays that they still just don’t get it. The simplification of main stats down to attack and defence, and the abundance of Cooldowns on skills.

2 Likes

In response to David Kim’s letter concerning Ancient Items:

Maybe the community’s aversion to Ancient items can be mitigated and made into an opportunity!

With some art and systems assets you could just make the next higher tier of gear “Ancients” with unique artwork and affixes. This would nullify the objection to them (I think).

No: Amulet of Power --> Ancient Amulet of Power
Yes: Ancient Amulet of the Magi --> a unique stand alone item of great power.

2 Likes

End gam progression

With a finite system consider this.

Item drops with powers of mythic and legendary could be incredibly low drop rates for hours of play and an overall satisfying feel to end game time spent with the single boa after one trade. For instance after a month of playing I found 2 legendary or mythic Pieces that I can share with my other characters or trade to friends. Also bragging rights. As well as no one will discover every piece and there powers for years to come.

1 Like

Another thing, instead of having thousands of customizations (like gems, runes, re-rolling stats, modifications)… Why not just make legendaries really rare again? Like Diablo 2 lod pre-patch 1.10

2 Likes

How much time I spent in Diablo 2, how much time was spent on hbr, how many ears were scattered at the entrance to the rogue camp. Diablo 3 also spent a lot of time. Seeing the announcement of Diablo 4, I was delighted, the gloomy and depressing atmosphere, this is the real Diablo, this is amazing. I really love PVP games and I hope that you will create arenas, coliseums, PVP events and other options for the development of this regime, and not kill with one blow near the rogue camp, and certainly not the ruins of a burnt chapel, it’s just awful. But then again, I am delighted with the featured Diablo 4

1 Like