Diablo Immortal progress caps

Yeah I am old and on a fixed income so I don’t spend money either. I appreciate the perspective. You seem to really like leveling (I do too!). The game is a bit odd in that they want us to focus on one character - so alt hopping and doing only daily rewards or the main story is going to limit us.

I do have two alts as well. Main is DH but alts are Necro and Crusader.

With everything being character specific it is both freeing and limiting. Not having to save for other chars means I don’t packrat. A first for me.

1 Like

Indeed. It’s the main thing I look forward to on every D3 season start. I appreciate you talking with me like this. Not sure how to friend you tho, so you are welcome to friend me if you like.

As for Immortal, I decided that with what they said about being able to change class later on (I know it’s not implemented yet) that doing any alts on same server would seem like a waste, so made sure to create each class on a different server to try them out.

I suppose if I had focused on only one character I may have done more of the battlepass quest stuff (bounties, rifts, etc.) that gives points which I know gives large XP. So that is likely worth noting as well. Thanks again, this has been a nice chat =)

It also may be worth noting that I found Necromancer to be the easiest to play, followed by Monk as second. The others all come in roughly even behind those two. I feel it also largely depends on the legendaries you get early on as for example my monk got several synergistic legendary items, while my lower level characters got some that don’t work as well together by comparison.

1 Like

Request sent. You need to look at the entire btag and it uses the name#number format for the request.

This means you can pester me directly, but I will warn you that it is hit or miss that I am paying attention. I leave my Bnet up all the time but may be off doing IRL stuffs and miss things. Please don’t take offense.

I love love love my Necro too and am second guessing making a DH first.

1 Like

I actually found out about another cap due to a discussion in last night’s Clan chat. There’s a weekly cap of 2400 Battle Pass points, resetting at 03:00 on a Monday. This one I knew about. That leads you to the Battle Pass levels. The big reward is at Battle Pass Rank 40. Subsequent ranks give a chest that contains some currency. I’m currently at BP51. The cap I didn’t know about, but a Clan-mate had already hit, is that when you reach BP60, that’s the end of the rewards until the next season.

The game has so many mechanisms built in specifically to stop rewarding players that want to play it a lot. As an easy example, this week I hit the Battle Pass cap of 2400 on Wednesday.

2 Likes

Cheng.

Thanks for the info, not sure why Blizzard themselves didn’t post it themselves somewhere for the players to see (here, anywhere). You mentioned the caps in WoW, at least they’re shown in-game. We know we’re saved to bosses because it tells us. We know we’re capped on earning resources because it tells us. Etc, etc.

I just think hiding caps or being secretive around them like this creates more distrust in the playerbase. You have people playing and all of a sudden they feel like they’re not getting drops anymore so they start coming up with conspiracy theories or wondering if they’re dealing with a bug, and then those conspiracies actually turn out to be true. Now people will always be wondering if they’re having a string of bad luck or if Blizzard put in a new hidden cap. It’s just not a good look, imo.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. P20.
You can wallop on bosses all day then get to the end and full stop.

Dropping down to Normal doesn’t seem to help.

Feedback (list)

• ornate chests drops are :poop:
  • not enough contracts
  • Crests acquisition seems too low
  • Loot goblins don’t seem to open Greed Dugeon
  • I can’t find Greta’s kitten.

Feedback (comments)
We’ve already discussed Ornate Chest problems.

Shadow Contacts are what I’ve asked for in D3. (Series of bounties joined togetherto form a mini story) :smiley: But, i think I’ve already done all the solo variations. Also, the weekly execute contract limit is too small. I’m less worried about rewards then being limited to 3/week

I want to run at least 1 elder rift per play day. But, I only get 1 crest. I like the dugeon Changes the crests offer. Maybe, offer a common crest that has a common drop; no extra rewards but modifies dungeon.

Loot goblin - I keep hoping for Greeds dugeon to open, but don’t really expect it.

I don’t think Greta’s kitten is a quest. Probably a hidden reference to the one meme “if playing video games have taught me anything, this cat has a quest”

Other then that, I am having fun playing the game. But, if a new month-season doesn’t provide new content, I feel that this game would die quickly. One idea to reinforce “D:I is not to be played like D1/D2/D3/D4” is to rename Era/Seasons into Volumes/Issues (assuming monthly new story).

1 Like

You should check out the Hilts vendor (top right of Westmarch, near the PvP NPC). They sell things per month, per week, per day, and time-limited. You can buy crests for 300 hilts, two per day, and sometimes on the time-limited list.

That just enough for 1 run. (1 free + 2 hilt)

Our clan won! We got two legendaries each, a 100% MF bonus for 5 hours until server reset at 03:00 CEST (so we’re spamming dungeons for set pieces like crazy), and we become the Immortals for two weeks tomorrow.

Not a single penny spent.

5 Likes

Gratz, that is quite an accomplishment indeed. =)

Bet it feels just like playing POE in that aspect.

“there is no dimishing return” is quite a joke…
Last 3 days i spent 5+ hrs in the game and 2-3 legendary items each day.
Before the weekend, this was 6-7+, 10+ on peak.
Call it bad luck, but i say: dimishing return (or even a bug)

That’s nothing compared to original D3 or D2.

1 Like

No people would gladly pay a purchase of the game. Some wouldn’t mind a set monthly fee. But even if you pay a couple of dollars a day in micro transactions that only barely raises caps. That’s a rip off, not a “you don’t want to pay”

Huge difference.

I’m at BP66, capped for the week since Wed, so that’s not true. I was actually capped at 65, but points from BP quests gave me an extra level.

I think the diminishing return rate now applies to ALL leg drops, so they can say nothing diminishes.

There is no cap on Legendary drops.

1 Like

Yeah, this really annoyed me as well, before I went ahead and took a ‘break’ from the game. I was 36 or 37, doing the storyline/questing, then everything screeched to a halt because had to be 40 to pick the questing back up. We did a few dungeons here and there and bounties, but was annoying having to wait days to pick the questline back up.

2 Likes

Why is an MVP doing the work of CMs and Devs?

Cheetah needs a life if he’s doing this for free.

1 Like

MissCheatah does have a life. But, I’ll let her explain it to you (if she feels like it).

As far as “not getting paid”: yes. She should not really cross that MVP-CM boundary.

On the other hand , if you’ve got it (Wyatt’s email), flaunt it. (Especially if he knows where Greta’s kitten is)

1 Like