Diablo Immortal progress caps

Blizzard please get rid of them
I don’t understand why you want to punish players who want to 24/7 the game

5 Likes

It’s not about players playing 24/7. From what I have heard from people doing research these caps are on people who don’t pay.

5 Likes

There is a pack on the store that includes a 10 paragon boost in it. They want to limit people that haven’t paid for that, so that the people that have paid for that have an advantage over you, especially in the battlegrounds. As an example, if those 10 paragon levels all went into a damage node, that alone adds 200 damage to their character. The extra paragon levels also give them a higher combat rating. Last week, when I was mid-20s paragon, I saw heroes with mid-70s paragon. Blizzard absolutely want people that have spent the sort of money that requires to feel like gods when they battle the F2P plebians like us.

So, it’s not so much just a limit on us, it’s to create a deliberate and large buffer between free and paid heroes.

2 Likes

I call :cow2: :poop:

I’ve seen no bundle that gives you 10 paragons. 10 BP levels, Yes (collectors BP) but not 10 paragon. (The FREE BP grants the XP)

No pics, it didn’t happen. (Ie please post proof of your claim)

3 Likes

I bought the basic battle pass and it still demands that I have a second player to run dungeons on Hell 1

Removed.

See various streams that talk about caps for people testing them.

8 Likes

I want to play on Hell 1 and do dungeons but I want to do it solo without grouping up with other players

11 Likes

Yes me too! I want to play solo.

9 Likes

This sounds like exactly the sort of information they should have made into a stickied thread on the Diablo Immortal forums. Oh, but wait, they didn’t make any forums…

8 Likes

That unfortunately is exactly what you accomplish with dailies.
They are bad design in all games, also MMOs.

At least make it weeklies. If someone want to play a ton in their weekend, doing a weeks worth of activities in those 2-3 days, why on earth do the game designers say “NO! you have to log in each day for that”. Same with daily login rewards.
These kinds of game designers are so scared of losing players attention for even a second.

WoW has always (well, since Pandaria or whenever it was that the daily design nonsense started to dominate) been quite bad in that regard. But at least it seems like they have moved some things over to weeklies these days.

2 Likes

I know. I considered making a separate thread but this one got bumped and it was relevant so yeah.

I have opinions, many of them. At the moment I am still thinking my way through things vs a rapid reaction.

I don’t know how I feel about the lack of forums. I DO get why Wyatt did not want to disclose this stuff though - at least until the community had already tested it.

They really really don’t want people to feel they need to min max things. It should be just a fun thing to do for a bit every day.

I am glad they are open to changes though. That part is good.

The game is solid as a game. The caps, the MTX, etc though…some big yikes going on. It does not impact me as a casual free player but I get it…

5 Likes

I think the Bounties they have are something you can do every few days, not every day.

The rest is daily.

WoW now has a mix of Daily, 3 day, and weekly things. Which I suppose gets to your point. I prefer the flex version myself so I can do them whatever day I am free.

3 Likes

Indeed. Thankfully for me I have the willpower (and lack of money) to spend big in D: Immoral. It has however severely damaged my trust when looking forward for D4, I can only hope these two games are far apart in that regard.

4 Likes

I just hit Paragon 40, and upgraded my main gear to Rank 9, only to find out that you can’t go up to Rank 10 until Paragon 60. I guess I’m truly going to have to wait for the server paragon level to catch up, and the weekly reset on the Battle Pass cap, to get anywhere with that. On a brighter note, I’m in tonight’s play-offs to be the Immortals on our server (as a completely F2P player, who hasn’t spent a single penny on the game).

3 Likes

Amazing you got that far!!! Honestly it sounds like you are having fun and that is what matters most.

I also appreciate that you are so far ahead and can teach us noobs like me how things work. I hit P15 today and still can’t finish the story line last dungeon. Stupid old laptop fps and lag issues. I can’t MOVE like I need as a DH.

Ah well.

I hope the cap info helps you in some way. Also feel free to send me feedback or post and make sure I know about it. I can pass it on.

1 Like

Ahhhh Geez. I have barely made it to level 50 so far on my highest character. You guys are so far ahead of me =P Sadly, the level requirements for so many things really destroy the story immersion and progression for me.

1 Like

I felt I took it slowly. Maybe I did not? Could you tell me more about what level caps in the process felt terrible.

I know I had a few where I could not socket a gem for example even though I had gear that could take gems. I am not sure what level that opens at (20 maybe?).

There are many things that are level locked and have tutorials on them as you go. I found the tutorials good…and that we were not flooded with systems all at once good.

What would you want earlier?

Yes, I am listening, and you are also free to Bnet friend me if you want to chat.

Well, I didn’t actually stop and write the levels down as I went, but somewhere around 33 or 34 I had to go out and grind stuff before I could continue the story as it required me to be 36, then when I continue it after a bit more I had to be lvl 40, so back to grinding, then again lvl 42 required, then lvl 45, then 48, then 51 I think, so the story level gaps you about every 3 levels from my experience so far…

Ok, I saw a bit about that in chat in game as well.

Right now the game is set up to have us do a balance of activities - including Bounties and whatever the other featured Battlepass stuff is. Battlepass gives a ton of experience.

I don’t think this is communicated well in game and if someone does strict story line and nothing else they WILL hit caps.

Good observation. I knew about it based on in game chat and just did some Bounties and stuff as I went. It avoided those caps.

Will toss this into my feedback though. Given the in game comments, you are not the only one who felt this was a less than fun game aspect.

2 Likes

I understand that, also I didn’t buy even the 5 dollar battlepass as I simply cannot afford nor feel that it should be right to need to do so. I have however tried every class type (one per server on 6 different servers) and have Necro at lvl 50, Monk at lvl 49, DH at lvl 45, Wiz at 37, Paladin at 37 and Barb at 36. I do login each of them every day to claim the free reward and run a rift with the free daily crest.

2 Likes