Diablo Immortal "Mid"- Oct Patch Update

Unlike some posters, I don’t pay or buy multiple copies of the game I hated nor posting in the game forum I hated for more than 1+ months. :sunglasses:

I hate wasting my time doing something i hate when i can use the time doing something I enjoy. That is why instead of engaging with those annoying posters, I usually blocking them and their sock puppets accounts although these blocked posters seem don’t got the memo considering they still trying their best to reply my posts with “notice me senpai” for a year straight. :sunglasses:

Well, have a look at this…

Okay, so the immediate question I had looking at that was how many pearls would be needed to craft a five star gem, as the Hilts vendor interface doesn’t tell you (and the Master Jeweller doesn’t show the interface until you have enough Pearls apparently). So I had a look at the Shop bundles…

Yes, as a F2P player it will take you 40 weeks to obtain sufficient Pearls to do one craft.

Someone joked in World Chat this morning that they could get their wife pregnant and the baby would be ready just in time to see them craft a gem.

4 Likes

You’re on the D3 forum, no need to post screenshots about D:I

(Except if you don’t find the D:I Reddit)

While removal of the grouping requirement from dungeons is a good thing, dungeons still being scaled to 4 players means it’s halfarsed effort. No, D:I being an MMO is definitely not a valid excuse not to make the dungeons scale properly with the player count. Do it properly or don’t do it at all.

Being able to craft 5 star gems is a nice addition but as expected, it is still an absurd hurdle for F2P players to collect enough materials to craft a single gem. 40 weeks for a one craft? Yikes. I’d also wager that most of the times the result ends up being 2/5 star gem anyway.

Yep, still not worth for me to return any time soon.

2 Likes

That is why people bank it on monthly events hoping the pearl reward will be slightly generous than hilt trader…:rofl:

Well at least it make upgrading 5 stars gem easier since you can craft dupe gem now for it instead hoping for rng.

1 Like

Have anyone done h4-5 dunegons solo? I tried h4 when they reduced the required players to two, the team left because of an elevator bug in the tomb of fahir, so I re entered the dungeon alone and got slaughteted at the final boss.

1 Like

Ok…i just did my Shadow Assembly and now you got rewarded with 1 random gear every time you shared your blessing with others.

It is a nice change. Got my shadow assembly done faster than usual today.

Dors this really surprise anyone?

1 Like

Are you guys really playing this “game”?

It is literally a slot machine, dressed as a game.

2 Likes

So, just like Diablo 3 then?

• Gamble blood shards for gear
  • Gamble materials for “upgrade rare to legendary”
  • Gamble materials for “reforge legendary”
  • Gamble materials to craft gear at the Blacksmith
  • Et cetera
3 Likes

Apparently we can also get them from world events which I assume are like the Blood Moon thing.

So it might not be full term gestation after all, but it certainly won’t be fast. I do appreciate that you looked up the requirements to craft a 5 star.

oooh? I guess I might be there at 6pm this evening.

Welcome to gaming theory which borrows heavily on psychology research into human behavior, particularly getting people to repeat a behavior for a future possible reward. Skinner Box it is, along with a ton of other stuff. Most games are with the exception of some story based little games.

People KNOW that. The Diablo series and similar loot drop games all are heavy on the gambling intermittent reward scale.

1 Like

As soon as I saw the 40 Pearls requirement I effectively dismissed this as an option for me. Regardless of how often / how many Pearls are granted by intermittent events, spending 800 hilts a week on this (when there are already plenty of other sinks for the hilts) doesn’t seem like good use of currency to me, especially when the pay-off might not happen until June / July 2023.

2 Likes

While hilts can be somewhat plentiful, 800 hilts per week for a single material is still quite expensive. I would’ve priced it at 400 hilts at most.

1 Like

Given how terrible my character is as someone who has not bought anything in the shop… Yeah. I will take anything I can get for free.

They really need to fix the tuning. It won’t give me much for rewards at H2 but when I do H3 I get stomped fast. sigh

Frustrating. Still, it scratches that itch for some short gameplay.

1 Like

There are some very happy Immortals on our server. They get a selection of daily tasks (choose 9 from 11 possible) that increases their Dominance, three of which are always dungeons. If you happen to be someone that plays at odd times of the night, you might find it difficult to get a party to do those dungeons with. So, often, players would just drop the difficulty to Normal, and solo the 3 dungeons for the task completion. Now those players with enough CR can solo them at H5, get the same tasks done, but also have a chance at useful, CR-appropriate loot.

I have like 10K+ hilts and I only buy 2 daily crests and charms…what do you buy with your hilts?

Same here. I will just treat it as a side bonus if I somehow able to accumulate 40 pearls.

I stubbornly play solo in addition to not buying packs on the store. So, my current challenges are of my own making because I don’t do the forced group mechanic Blizz wants which really does hinder progress, even as a casual player.

Being stuck where I can’t get better gear because I can’t do that difficulty is not fun. I am hoping if I can do a CR 50 it will help with better rewards.

2 Likes

The mistake there is having whales in the first place. Problems that arise from the actions of whales, bots, hackers etc. are not themselves game design issues.

Besides, I assume nothing prevents 4 whales to run together and pull further ahead already?
The issue you describe is the same with 4 people at 6500CR running the 5025CRF dungeon?

Of course, a major part of the issue here is, other than the whales, having the “endless” CR scaling in the first place. If you do have such scaling, which you really should not, you kinda also need to scale the dungeons with it. Similar issue as in D3. So if that 6500CR player enters alone (or 4 6500CR players enter), scale up the dungeon?

Hah, my guess was not that far off!

Predatory design strikes again.

Not gambling if there is no payment. D3 is not gambling. D:I is.

All players…

• Every month you can buy a legendary crest (1600 hilts).
  • Every month you can buy a legendary gem (1600 hilts).
  • Every week you can buy 10 non-legendary gems (200 hilts each, 2000 hilts)
  • Every day you can buy 2 rare crests (300 hilts each, 600 hilts)
  • Twice a day, the Limited Time category can have a rare crest (300 hilts each)

Additional, if you’re an Immortal and the reign has sufficient Dominance rank…

• Every month you can buy a legendary crest (1600 hilts).
  • Every month you can buy a legendary gem (1600 hilts).

So, if you’re an Immortal, in a month…

• 2 Legendary crests = 3200 hilts
  • 2 Legendary gems = 3200 hilts
  • 40 non-legendary gems = 8000 hilts
  • 60 rare crests (daily) = 18,000 hilts
  • 30 rare crests (limited) = 9,000 hilts

That’s a total of 41,400 hilts.

Amem!
The mandatory group stuff was one of the reasons I stopped playing.

1 Like