Diablo III PTR 2.7.5 - Has Concluded

Looking forward to your 1->Guardian practice video. :wink:

1 Like

Raxx’s document applied to both seasons and non-seasons with a few exceptions.

I went through Raxx’s final document (108 recommendations) and there is only a handful or less that one can argue are from Raxx’s document that apply. These tend to be seasonal-only.

Raxx’s/Maxroll’s suggestions are not about more power but lots of QoL and balance changes.

1 Like

Maybe I’m reading this wrong, but the Staff of Herding unlocks the 25th seal. This means you’ll get all of the other buffs from seals 1-24 in the order that you want. So you’ll only be missing 2 seals, and there are enough meh seals that missing 2 won’t bother anyone.

The only concern would be if you have to get all 26 seals before you can unlock the potions. Based on the tree structure, you only need to unlock 8 seals, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I think most people will just run with 24 seals.

1 Like

Not really.

Once a Seal or Legendary Potion Power is unlocked, you’ll immediately receive that Seal or Potion’s power and will have the ability to unlock connected Seals or Potions once you have the required materials

I literally don’t care about Raxx.

“Hey, let’s do changes to a game based on 1 guy!”.

I don’t care he’s a streamer, he loves Diablo, etc. Changes are made based on many factors and at this point ( in D3 life ) what we get is more than welcome.

D4 is around the corner and D3 will be history. Hey, I know how that sounds, but is the reality. There will be people who will still play it, sure, but … it is what it is.

4 Likes

It was not one guy. Did you read that thread or the fact that he got feedback from his Maxroll collaborators and even this forum?

6 Likes

That power is global though. Most people will just play the strongest builds – they do have a few good nodes in there, such as the Resource on Crit, which I like a lot.

To get the “double primal drop” and the wings you’ll have to unlock the whole tree.

3 Likes

The suggestions he provided were not his alone. Asked a lot of other streamers and the entire D3 community for feedback which he then compiled into a document. There’s even a long thread on this forum regarding this.

So it’s a huge group effort, not an opinion of a single person.

6 Likes

Very well said.

No offense to the guy, I don’t know him but it’s overly cringe how many people who are adults reference these guys.

Not really what? You just quoted the notes which I already read. I might plan on skipping F and S (for example) and still get everything else without bothering with the Staff.

1 Like

It was not one “guy”.

It was a collaboration between him, Maxroll, content creators, and this forum.

4 Likes

Is global, yes. That means the sets which didn’t get any buffs this patch, are already powerful and will get even more powerful.

Ok, now I read it.

Still don’t care. That’s a lot of changes. What do you want? D3 is more then 10 years old. You cannot ask that many changes or … some changes to D3 when, as I said, D4 is around the corner.

That topic is no more than other topics around here like “Good ideas to improve D3” , etc.

As I said, for D3 it is what it is. You either deal with it or keep dreaming that they will do big changes.

Actually, this season seems to have big changes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

One can definitely ask for that many changes and it was asked. I think we all know that D3 is an old game and not to expect too much.

My personal expectations is that they would take a relatively small and easily implemented suggestions from that list. Personally, I would be rather happy with trying to balance better builds within and across classes in terms of power plus some basic QoL things like pets picking up mats, more character slots/stash tabs, rescaling paragon, and banning cheaters.

3 Likes

Technically Primordial ashes is one, but yeah disappointing but perhaps they want to tie most of those changes to larger patch builds that have less to do with a season which would imply they still have large plans after D4.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I would call that “progression” but I guess for some that will be a fun goal.
I don’t mean to be a cynic, but I’d bet on getting more primals just by running rifts than by first trying to get the staff and then getting double primals.

That’s a weird thing to say.

First, I think in this day and age it’s the most common thing in the world to reference streamers who play your game of choice.
Second, yes, we’re all adults here. Were you expecting something different?
Third, Raxx specifically is in semi-regular communication with the devs, you know, the guys that actually update the game.
Fourth, only kids are supposed to say cringe, as mine always remind me when I say it.

9 Likes

I mean system has branches. It won’t open all 24 when you try to unlock 25th, you already should have unlocked everything tied to 25th slot (say, 12 branching to 21 and that to 25th, so on) if you want that feature. Because you have enough materials to unlock an endgame node, doesn’t mean it’s available without unlocking the previous ones.

If you skip S, you won’t be able to get the AB Potion.

Pets picking materials, primal item recipe on cube and other things, im very happy with this new patch, now we only need some attention to crusaders, wd and crafted items changes ( blackthorne and others ).

3 Likes