Diablo III PTR 2.7.5 - Has Concluded

Looks like it…

So that may help for everyone to know which dungeons they need to run for their class to get pages then. Since we can confirm that UE, Helltooth and Tal Rasha all drop them but as yet no report of any of the other dungeons doing so.

Unless of course they Ninja Edit them into all the other dungeons during the patch.

1 Like

I suppose you can just convert 2 base gems into a flawless one without reaching level 20.

1 Like

That means the paths are 2-way, so you can move along them in any direction, right?

Yes, for the paths RS, SR and ST, TS. You can go left to right, or right to left.

Why do you think it applies only to those two paths and not all others?

Think of water flowing down from point A. That will help you visualize the paths.

You can travel down, and across, but you can not travel back up without going against gravity.

Think of the nodes as water valves allowing water to flow through them as each node in unlocked.

4 Likes

There’s nothing on the altar and the patch notes that suggests so.

(I added some emphasis in the second sentence)

As you can see, after unlocking the first Seal, the order in which you unlock additional Seals and obtain their powers is entirely up to you and which powers align with your character’s build the most. Once a Seal or Legendary Potion Power is unlocked, you’ll immediately receive that Seal or Potion’s power and will have the ability to unlock connected Seals or Potions once you have the required materials.

Would you like a link to where Rax says it in his latest video?

Basically it comes down to whether you trust someone when they say they talked to the devs, and they told him so.

Or you can wait till Tuesday and find out for yourself.

I have no cat in this fight. I am reporting what someone else is stating.

Here’s ‘Maddening Questions’ drop from Vyr’s

1 Like

Good to know, thanks for that.

This points to a real inadequacy in the patch notes. Even if they can’t be perfected in the first place, if they’re willing to go to the effort to talk to certain individuals and answer their questions, they should note those questions and go back and update the patch notes to ensure clarity for everyone.

3 Likes

Agree 100%.

On top of that, if something is actually broken and it looks like it contradicts the word-of-mouth message that was given, then the messenger will lose all credibility unless Blizzard comes to their defense, which is very unlikely.

I’ve watched his stream yesterday. I must’ve missed when he stated that.

1 Like

All these letters (A, B, C, etc.) are printed in the announce screenshot only for you to read their properties in the patch notes. They won’t show up in the game.

Nevertheless the seals will open from top to bottom and also in any horizontal direction if there is such a line. But you can’t go up. Why? Just from logic: otherwise, I would immediately take the bold seals located lower, or better, immediately the bottom one :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’m rewatching the stream, and actually found him saying that. I missed it the first time (watching live stream) - he was like “oh, you cannot go backwards”, then just continued analysing the optimal order of unlocking the seals. :slight_smile:

I suppose they could have drawn the lines as arrows indicating the directional flow, or stated in the patch notes that it flows from top to bottom only, but I just took this for granted when I initially saw it.

It seems totally backward to me to try to go down, and then back up, but apparently there are a lot of people who want to do this.

For those having a hard time visualizing this:

AD is unlocked once the whole tree is unlocked.

2 Likes

One change I would make with his optimal path. I would switch 3 & 4 (Movement speed and perma pools).

Our group found this out the hard way last season.

By the time you get Haedrig’s Gift, you’re probably going to have 8 nodes unlocked. But, by the time you collect Haedrig’s Gift, you’re probably only going to be somewhere between Level 30-40. So, let’s say with double massacre bonuses, 40-50. The extra pools will gain you what, perhaps 5 levels?

What happened with us last season was someone failed his solo GR20. And that required running another rift to get a key. By the time he completed his solo GR20, it was about 28 minutes slower than we should have been going. Now, that’s fine, everyone makes mistakes. I made mine last season too.

So, I looked back at our run, and was surprised that we took roughly 10 minutes to complete a Rift. It wasn’t the damage that was the problem here, it was the movement speed, or lack thereof. At the very beginning of the season, I personally feel movement speed is probably one of the most overlooked aspects to a solid start.

3 Likes

AD is unlocked once the whole tree is unlocked.

1 Like