Diablo III PTR 2.7.4 - Has Concluded

The portal of EN in PTR cannot close after completing EN.

Enjoy the season I’m not wasting my time. What for the Sanctified I don’t think so. There is nothing else in this season for me. I give it maybe two weeks and people will be hating just like some of the other seasons!!!

I see the Barb using WW pull for zbarb. NO MOAR CHARGE!!! Or if you play solo and like having all of your mobs on top of you so Bane of the Trapped can work its magic. T16 farm will be faster and more efficient. Farming GR 90 should be the same, at least in theory.

I see the sanctified ability to get a fast ancient, primal if you will. Hm… I can’t seem to find an ancient ____________________ or a decent ancient ___________________. Oh, I know. I’'ll drop some dust on this crappy one I have until I get a good ancient. Then pop that 125 gem on it and GG.

Of course, having the sanctified power that you with to use = Win win.

A good item would be the Flavor of Time. Fast way to reroll a GG primal FoT w/out the need for bounty mats or the cube.

1 Like

I wonder what will happen to the sanctified items after s27 ends. Those are practically primal items. Would they regress at classification for us to keep or vanish just like Ethereals?
Possibly latter as expressed in the blog but I bet we’ll have tons of threads about it. One thing for sure, if developers accept to allow us keep them as Primals, I bet people will complain about stash space non-stop by the end. Because they’re unable to smelt their old trash even though they got the highest grade items.

I guess they just vanish. Bit of a bummer too. But I can understand though. All it takes is one dust to make a legendary into a sanctified item, aka primal. Even if Blizz stripped the sanctified power/ability from the items, players could still have stash tabs full of them going into the non-season.

Then again…

In many peoples’ opinion, who the f cares, it’s non-season. At this point and time players have paralevels in the 10’s of thousands with GG characters fully decked with level 150 augmented primals and ancients.

Hopefully we will see some of these sanctified powers/abilities in class sets when they get another facelift.

-or-

Blizz will bring angelic dust to D3 in a permanent way via the use of the cube. I can see needing a stack of 5 or 10 (depending on the rarity of the drop) angelic dust + Flawless Gems (or bounty mats, or white/blue/yellow mats, or death’s breaths, or any combo) + an item = the same item as is (normal stays normal, ancient stays ancient, primal stays primal) with a random class based sanctified power. Maybe, there is a chance the normal item becomes ancient or primal (half the chance as a normal reroll/upgrade).

I don’t know. There is still so much Blizz can do to keep D3 fresh(ish) and alive(ish), at least until D4 goes live.

1 Like

Update on July 20: The PTR 2.7.4 testing period has been extended and will now end on August 8.

6 Likes

YEAH BUDDY!!! I tested the HoTA, WW pull, and the Garg locust spread. I like the WW pull, but that HoTA is BEAST. Heck, even without that GG 7th strike it’s BEAST. I will make an IK and a LoD HoTA for Season 27. Softcore AND Hardcore. Season 27 will be so much fun.

Extended?! Nice. That’s what I was expected… I mean, somewhat. I was expecting them to prolong the Season 26 after PTR ended but haven’t expected this much.

With a extended testing time, could you consider:

2 Likes

I’ve already posted a few tips in that thread, but if you want more advanced tactics in terms of Demon Hunter leveling:

Just snapshot Eternal Woods. It doesn’t have to be a pain, works in Hardcore as well as Softcore. I demonstrated in HC on a Demon Hunter, hitting Level 14 in 16 minutes, which is pretty similar to practically every other class with the exception of the Necromancer, and is significantly faster than most Demon Hunter videos you’ll find on YouTube.

In terms of leveling, the Demon Hunter is actually one of the faster classes to 70.

Don’t you agree that having a Ninth Cirri’s Satchel would make DH leveling a lot smoother, even if it’s not faster? Impale costs too much hatred at low levels and having to wait for FoK stacks is really clunky.

It seems that both conquests that I had completed are not recorded. The conquests are The Thrill (Reach Greater Rift Level 45 Solo without any set items equipped) and Super Human (Reach Greater Rift Level 45 Solo without any set items equipped in Hardcore Mode).

Actually, it would make it slower.

I aim for the following times for 1-70:

Lord Greenstone’s (SC): 75 minutes, (HC): 90 minutes
Karlei’s (SC): 1h45m, (HC): 2h

These are average times, using no other legendaries, nor rubies. They can vary about 15-20 minutes in either direction, plus faster with legendaries and rubies being used.

The problem with NCS is it’s capped on its targets to 4. Karlei’s with Overpenetration is a bit better, just because of more enemies, but unless you get a HPS as well, Chakram will still work out to be the best option, just because it can kill lots of enemies, quickly. And while it’s true that higher difficulties need fewer enemy kills to surpass lower difficulties, with the extra damage either Karlei’s or Ninth Cirri provide, you’re only going up 2 difficulties at most. But both are just way too slow compared to Chakram. LGF on the other hand is faster, because it can target large groups of enemies.

The only area NCS would help is the first 12 levels, but that assumes you’re going after the cube the very first thing, which is incredibly inefficient to do. At the very best, you might hit Level 14 three or four minutes faster than the solution I provided above, at a massive cost post 14. Because with only 35 DB, you can only cube one item, and you lose any possibility of LGF. Try leveling 1-70 with NCS from the moment you grab the cube. You’re not breaking 90 minutes.

In terms of FoK stacks, waiting isn’t that big of a deal, because it can kill lots of enemies quickly. I linked a few videos above (though its old, and my strategies have improved quite a bit), but in TotFB, one FoK can kill 50+ enemies. And rather than just a tiny 600% bonus, you’re looking at many times that. And with Knives Expert, it can be spammed, where it only takes one second to match NCS, and can hit far more enemies.

Ninth Cirri’s would really mainly only help in terms of leveling for people who are not proficient with massacre bonuses, who are leveling via rifting. Really, the main reason for having it lower is a cheap way to get it once you have your GoD set. But post 70, the DH crushes every other class on average just due to speed.

Since I have no other outlet that I can vent, here I go again. I wanna spitball theories and ask a few class fantasy request to developers.

I want to be able to play a Thousand Storms build with a 2-hander daibo equipped, focused on Combination Strike as much as Dashing Strike and stunning multiple targets in one go. I tried this idea and it turned out to be not as good as Shenlong’s variation obviously, nor any practical at high tiers. I believe you already know what the variables could be for this build, so I’ll keep my mouth shut.
The RotTS is such a glass cannon at the moment and I think it’s not fair that it promotes this much of reflex reliant gameplay. I want RotTS Set to reward commiting into action to benefit better from Stricken and since we go with glass-cannon fighter fantasy I’d like it to have some good mass crowd control, that’s simply it.

As for Witch Doctors, I think Helltooth is severely weak compared to other Sets in the arsenal also there’s not a single Sacrifice reliant build. Ever considered getting a new legendary power to Split Tusk?
I’m thinking something along like “Mass Confusion gains Devolution rune and Sacrifice- Provoke the Pack now stacks (insert number here) times” or “Zombie Dogs spread Locust Swarm (like Sanctified powers of S27) and you gain Midnight Feast passive”. I really have no idea, but that legendary item can be given a power to boost Witch Doctors. They suffer from their pets not holding the lines and any breach makes it hard to take control if your pets scattered.

Lastly I think it’d be neat if you give Necromancer a new Phylactery that cause Command Skeletons- Kill Command to consume a small amount of life for it to synergize with new Trag’Oul without the Jesseth’s and an alternative to Iron Rose.

Thanks for the Season and PTR extensions by the way.

Any buffs for Vyr and Chantodo?

Still no news of the latest patch

It is 6:16 in the morning…

Lot of people can’t comprehend the concept of time zones.

2 Likes

Per the latest PTR notes:

Strafe: Updated base skill to allow any equipped weapon, rather than requiring a Bow.

That is just sick. I actually like it.

3 Likes

That was one of the biggest problems with the Shadow Set. Every season with class buffs, that one set would be left behind because it uses melee, and all the extra skill buffs would require a bow.

Plus, Strafe being useable with any weapon should make the 1-70 process now much faster than it use to be.