Diablo III Playerbase

Hey, my friend recently got into Diablo 3 and he’s been enjoying it pretty much so far. However, I’m little bit more demanding player, and since I’m not familiar with circumstances around Diablo 3, I’ll ask you. How many people do actually play this game? I know… It’s not probably the key element to enjoy the game, but for me, it’s pretty much one of the most deciding factors. Are there any periodical updates? If so, how big and what they consist from? Thank you for all fair replies… I’ll read every single one and try to answer. Thanks.

Hey,

Exept from more or less small seasonthemes and numbertweaks the game doesn’t get much for the last years. Maybe the future provides something else but my hopes on this are slim. i play this game more or less since season 3. I personally like the fresh restart every season provides. Everyone start at 0 at the same time. But thats up to you if you enjoy stuff like this. Anyway i hope you have fun with the game whatever you do. :+1:

There’s definitely a smaller player base than when the game was newer. Typically it’s not hard to find public games or active communities during the beginning of a new season, but NS (non-season) can feel like a ghost town during a season, and the number of active players does seem to drop off towards the middle/end of a season.

Regarding updates, the game is basically on Classic-mode support only, however they are still doing balancing patches to try to bring the various builds and classes into (closer) parity with each other. There have been dev comments suggesting that balancing is an on-going goal that will trickle out over several patches, but how close they get and how long they continue is anyone’s guess at this point. New items (or legendary powers added to existing legendary items), and legendary and set item tweaks for a few items per patch are pretty standard as part of this balancing.

There was supposedly a second expansion that got canceled, and we got the content that had been generated for that trickled out for free already, like an additional zone or two, the cube, etc. The last few patch/season cycles also rolled out a new class set for all classes. This season introduced permanent improvements to the way followers work for both non-season and seasonal play. No more in the way of content aside from balance tweaks to items is really expected, but I think most were surprised about the follower tweak, so, who knows?

1 Like