Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha begins April 8th

I need the alpha key…!!! PLZ

HELL YA BROTHER

/20char

So if I’m correct and Canada isn’t even eligible why would they even give us an option to opt-in through our IP’s? That’s kind of a tease I’m not mistaken. Unless they didn’t even know themselves until recently? Anyways look forward to watching Streams!!

1 Like

The ineligibility is only for the specific instagram/twitter contest, if I am not mistaken, so you should still get a chance to be in the alpha, just not by way of those contests.

(Again, if I’m not mistaken, pretty sure they will absolutely want people from Canada involved in tests as well)

2 Likes

Awesome!! Cause I was also wondering about that! Definitely one way to alienate some of your fanbase. People on Twitter are already going crazy with comments.

1 Like

Geezer is completely correct. Those rules only apply to the contest. The Social Media contest will grant 50 keys to lucky individuals and you have to meet the eligibility requirements. Everyone else can still opt in for Alpha the normal way. Canada is NOT excluded from normal Alpha opt in.

To explain a bit more - some countries have very restrictive laws about give aways and “gambling”. My state in the US is also usually excluded due to our laws. Blizzard would love to extend the chance to do the Social Media Contest to everyone but Blizz does not make the laws :frowning:

4 Likes

You just made my day!! Thank you so much for that info :smiley:

Hope im lucky to get in thx Blizzard!

People on twitter go crazy. It’s what they do.

Expect more exclusions like these in the future, as more and more countries are making laws against contest entry, and in many countries, loot boxes are more and more being considered gambling.

Definitely not the game company’s fault though, but people on twitter tend to react before thinking, in general.

2 Likes

A lottery which doesn’t involve input of money shouldn’t count as gambling. That’s strange to me.

I think the argument was, in at least one article I read, that it encourages gambling-like behaviour, and as such contributes to the amount of people who become addicted to gambling.

I’m not going to agree or disagree with this personally, as I don’t have the statistics to find merit or not, but I could see it as plausible, I guess.

Yeah I can see that… I definitely hit a comment on the page in hopes to calm down some quick minded people before they add more fuel to the fire. But it probably won’t help lol

Since this Tech Alpha only has Act 1 & 2, I’ll start off with a Fire Sorc then move to the other two characters.

I will make a post here if I am so blessed as to make one of the invite waves this Friday about my stream.

1 Like

I was thinking possible WW Barb if I’m ever so graced to get picked. I also really wanna see how this controller support is even though they’ve clarified it’s not fully what it will be come release. Sitting back with the chair reclined and embracing hell at its finest lol! I stream here and there but for an occasion like this it’s an all day till bedtimes streams if so haha

1 Like

Very hyped, also probably like millions of opt-ins and low chance to test it. If I get in will stream it as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am also really hoping to get in as well. This has been a long time coming!

1 Like

Put me in Coach, lets get er done.

1 Like

Good luck everyone, if you do manage to get in; please stream!

My body is ready. @Pezradar please for all that is evil, enlighten my account with D2R. 20 years I’ve been playing D2, my soul is ready.

1 Like

Community Manager can’t give you Alpha. Best bet now is go instagram and follow Diablo and win a lottery.

1 Like