Diablo II Resurrected Not Loading PC version

I know there are some threads about this but the ones I found were old and not exactly like the issue I’m having. So here goes nothing.

When I load mine, is pops up a windowed black box then that goes away and the white error box pops up.

The application encountered an unexpected error. It says to Report ID, which changes on each error of course.

I have reinstalled the game on different hard drives. Ran the scan and repair and now I can’t even click the Play button. Just says it can’t be played yet. 40$ down the drain so guess I will go back to D3 till D4 comes out and pray that works!

Find your address bar.

Change the part that says “d3” to “d2r.”

Post there.

1 Like

It doesnt even let me get that far lol. Once I hit play it opens a window that I cant click on with no address on top then it closes after a few seconds and gives me an error window to send to blizzard. I have opened a ticket with them 2 hrs ago but I suspect they wont get back with me till tomorrow.

The suggestion was to use the D2R Technical Support forum to ask for help… especially if you wrote down the hexadecimal code you got in the error window. That hex code is the crash ID… it can be used by Blizzard to look into your crash. That plus a DxDiag report is generally all the information they need to help you.

Yes – they are swamped; many players are having issues launching or playing D2R… so you need to be patient. I do not know if the D2R forums will be more responsive… you will need to try it for yourself and see.

Good luck with this.

===================================================================================

One common cause for not being able to launch D2R is a computer system not meeting the minimum specifications… see here:

2 Likes