Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

I think you are missing a silver lining. We knew that they had the code for things that were toggable at the player level (i.e. auto-gold pickup). Now, we know that they have the code

1.for a game creator to set the identity of the game that they create
2. a filter system for others to find it in multiplayer that is sophisticated that takes into account the achievements of all players that opt in.

We have talked alot about other toggable options. Blizzard still need the code but it means that the setting the toggable at game creation and filtering games for opt in is solved.

I am secretly or not so secretly smiling.

2 Likes

Then offering private leagues would be huge actually for cash

1 Like

You are 100% correct. What they did to console multiplayer is terrible and we should all be upset. The fact that they have no plans on fixing it either despite most of the console players agreeing is also very disheartening.

Itā€™s may not be a bug, but it definitely hinders the game from working as originally intended.

I just wish they would take the console side of things seriously.

The controls are great, the graphics are great, but the communication, the menus covering the entire screen and the multiplayer as a while are just bad.

17 Likes

At this point i feel lied to. I love classic D2 and still play it to this day. But the QoL improvement from the mods is what made me really dive back into playing D2. I pre-purchased Resurrected with the thought im going to play the normal D2 and enjoy it for awhile, and when my fav mods are out im going to super deep dive back in. New graphics with all kinds of QoL added! now AFTER ive spent my money im told, oh BTW the thing we said about Modding it was a complete lie.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think I have agreed with you much thus far, but i see ya. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

How is that best experience for Deaf gamer to play if they cant communicate since they cant hear?

29 Likes

Itā€™s called ā€œSecuring Q3 Profitsā€ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Honestly, I hadnā€™t even thought of that. That reason alone should be good enough to add actual text chat to the game. Especially since they were really highlighting accessibility options before.

8 Likes

You are a good person, kudos!

2 Likes

Wow you guys are seriously tone deaf arenā€™t you?

Look Iā€™m a PC player but I canā€™t imagine playing this game on console with these decisions. Console needs custom game names with the same lobby PC has, mouse/keyboard support and the in-game text chat.

I mean how in the hell will console players trade? Will they just randomly join a game and hope someone will trade with them a specific item? Will they voice chat every person they encounter until someone has the item they want? Will these players have to rely on using a forum or 3rd party site?

Thought the team were Diablo fans but they just donā€™t get it.

32 Likes

Maybe we can start some lobbies up to trade with concole players to help out?

3 Likes

To be fair, that is likely what most PC players will rely on too.

But yeah, your post is completely on point.

6 Likes

I mean youā€™re right but I still have the option to make a game called Gul 4 Shako and people can join that posses a shako.

Itā€™s crazy.

6 Likes

I like this part here.

6 Likes

Itā€™s not even the best experience for the average gamer.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just wait for mods to show up before buying then. They are EXTREMELY vague about all of this and the security concern is BS. They just want to try to limit piracy.

13 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of people who donā€™t play PvP, and thatā€™s why Blizzard really needs to listen to the people who do play PvP when it comes to balancing PvP and the few things that really matter for it, like WSG being omitted and 21:9 advantage. The most active D2 community was always the duelers and the economy that fueled dueling, so screwing up the PvP is a huge mistake

8 Likes

You have the most excellent name lol

Literally why I want to be able to use my headset to chat.

Iā€™m a miner, I work underground, Iā€™m partially deaf.

6 Likes

It would also be great if anyone from Blizzard could tell us how Uber Diablo is going to work in D2R before the game comes out

8 Likes