Diablo II Resurrected Classic without LOD

Am I the only one? I love Diablo II Classic and am super excited about the Resurrected release but unfortunately for and maybe for some of you that the LOD expansion was included in Resurrected. I heard that there was an option where you can play DII Resurrected Classic without LOD, does anyone know if is that true? or am I S/O/O/Luck?

IIRC you just create the character as a non-expansion character just as you would in the original game.

1 Like

Yes, you can. Beta did not allow this, however. There has been a lot of discussion about the devs’ exclusion of the shared stash from Classic, however. Definitely an issue.

3 Likes

D2R:C is a thing; however, they’ve for some reason decided NOT to include the shared stash in this mode.

While I will start with D2R:LoD (skeletons just benefit so much) I will certainly be playing some D2C once I get a great foothold in D2R:LoD for, likely, three characters in NL HC (Necro, Druid, and Amazon or Assassin)

3 Likes

Yeah as these guys said, you will be able to create classic characters on launch. If you want the smaller resolution for nostalgia purposes you can adjust that in the menu.

How can you be a D2 fan and hate LOD its one of the best expansions in history of game expansions. Fighting the Ancients is one of the coolest quests

Not hate. Just a preference for Classic. If you want to understand why, I made a post about it here:

2 Likes

My friend I am afraid you are in the minority. Many of us have embraced runewords and love finding superior etherial items and runes so that we can make botd and enigma.

1 Like

We are definitely the minority, but there is a large player base still for Classic. Getting shared stash for Classic has zero impact on LoD players, FYI.

2 Likes

In that case maybe they can have a Classic check mark option for the classic player base. Pretty sure the original D2 had a classic mode

It actually has an expansion tick box that’s automatically selected. Simply unticking it creates a classic character.

Def not the minority classic ftw