Diablo II - More Acts

What is the likelihood of the success of Diablo II Resurrected spawning an Act 6, complete with a new land to explore, foes to defeat, gear to discover, new runewords, a new class and a powerful end-game boss?

I have been a fan since Diablo I back in 1995 and have been playing Diablo II off and on every few years since its release. I just came back after 2 years away.

Personally for me Diablo III was a let down and I can’t return to it due to the bad memories of its early days. I am undecided about Diablo IV.

Diablo II still remains to be a game we all want to play 20 years later; it is truly immortal. Now, with the recent graphic changes and updates, Diablo II as potential to not only keep their fanbase but also attract new gamers. The original Diablo II & LOD will always be there and I play them still, despite the graphics, because it is such a great game! That said, I think we are ready to see Diablo II continue to expand and evolve. There is no reason why Diablo II cannot have 10 Acts.

The world is there, the lore is there and there are plenty of demons to kill.

Oh yeah, and keep Deckard Cain alive this time!

8 Likes

I would venture to say the chance is slim to none. However if a new act/more content comes, I do hope it is a paid expansion that way people have a choice.

11 Likes

The sad thing is, i do not even remember how he died.
That is how well written that storyline was…

6 Likes

That’s part of the unknown, sales/demand and leadership will determine where we go from here. Other’s have brought up the idea of expanding Act IV with side quests or content that expands but doesn’t change the world around it. Everything could play out the same but have new areas or side missions.

Who knows? but I just say I hope they only do it if the ideas are leading the charge and not possible profits.

2 Likes

butterflies man, butterflies.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind new content that was based on already known lore. D3 is suppose to take place 20 years after Act 5. That leaves plenty of wiggle room for some stuff; however, it’s incredibly unlikely they’ll be adding much as its suppose to be a Remaster, not a Remake.

As much as I would hate for D2 to be ruined, at the same time to keep a player base we need seasonal content additions.

2 Likes

Incorrect. It leaves no room. Diablo Immortal is that wiggle room you speak of. It takes place between the world stone’s destruction and Diablo 3’s beginning.

There’s literally no room for any additional lore/story content in Diablo 2. The best I can see happening is side content that has no ties to the already established story.

Unless its act 4.
Or happening in parallel to DI.

For example like in that GTA IV DLCs where you would play The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. Both had seemingly distinct storylines, but you would soon notice that both stories shared some scenes from different perspectives.

It would be awesome to meet the next generation of nephalem.

I like to think it could happen! I’ve suggested it randomly in some old thread. It came up on the thought that D2:R could remain as is, classic/LoD, and a paid expansion could include some of the larger changes people have asked for.

In reality I don’t think they’ll do it and I’ve since toned the dream down to adding things Blizzard North wanted in D2 or ‘their’ D3. PvP arenas, PvP item betting, guild hall, trophy room, guild shared stash.

Carbot Animations YouTube channel has a suggested changes video that describes it quite well.

7 Likes

I could totally see something along the lines working… For example, The Darkening of Tristram in Diablo III. Maybe something like that… except, y’know, permanent instead of a once a year thing.

ELITE IDEA:
Expansion pack that puts story of Diablo 3 into Diablo 2 gameplay.

Only issue with that idea is the D3 story coming with it :slight_smile: but as a random idea D4 should bring Cain’s soul back transferred into a willing host, he’s needed to solve something only Cain can solve but his transference into a younger host causes him to act more Indiana Jones/Drake about adventuring and causes troubles as much as helps.

EDIT: To alter previous idea during the transference they are attacked and Cain’s host is killed but somehow it results in an Undead Cain with most of his memories but some scrambled, and he’s falling apart a bit throughout the game, maybe Act III his jaw falls out and just keeps rambling, to which we quickly ignore, once we finish the act he can talk again because he found his jaw or a jaw and let’s us know he knew a shortcut that would have bypassed most of the hazards we experienced but that the journey must have been excellent.

I want more acts! :):):):slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m totally fine with more acts in an optional DLC with separated realms down the line.
Could be fun.

6 Likes

I never said to add new lore/story.

Please take the time to actually read what someone else already said before replying to them.

2 Likes

I would love more content to be added to D2R as long as it is not affecting game mechanics or anything like that. Add the “missing” quests in Act 4 or some additional content here and there. Add new Uber bosses to farm or open world events that happen randomly.

I could see a new adventure taking place in the Town of Tristram. Perhaps, making Diablo II a portal to the past, thus entering a Diablo I Resurrection. That would rock!

Diablo 1 Resurrection (a full one, not just 1-2 level with existing art as in d3) would be nice.
But i dont think the content from D1 would be sufficient to justify a remaster.
Also alot of mechanics would need to be reworked (like adding running).