Diablo Deep Dive Panel Recap

Diablo Deep Dive Panel Recap

Get caught up and dive deeper into all the latest news revolving around Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo IV, and Diablo Immortal.

View Full Article

5 Likes

Make sure there’s no Local Co-op for D2R offline toons if you want to avoid another d2jsp. Offline toons must be 100% solo with no ablity to join or create joinable games.

Good point. I don’t know the details on how D2 duping was done, but there is a little tidbit in there that online and offline players do not share the “shared stash” and offline players are quarantined from online play, I believe.

Will D2 Resurrected have cross play as well? Please say yes!

Or they could, you know, not allow local characters online at all? They’d have to be LAN only. That way it would truly be local co-op.

Yes, it will have what is known as “cross progression”, where progression on one platform is transferrable to another so long as you link that platform to your Battle.net account.

Yeah, I get that, but does that also mean we can play with everyone on other servers too? They didn’t mention that part. For instance, if I’m currently playing on PC, can I play with my brothers that are on Xbox?

In this video, this guy explains how this worked.

It was a D2 design mistake by duplicating items in trade window by not sending packets to blizzard servers.
Just needs a fix which i am certain VV confirmed at blizzcon that they already dealt with it.
Still, doesnt hurt to take a look at this video for the details and how to prevent that duping atempts dont happen again.

Did I miss something or was there no new info on critical systems for D4?

Nothing. Tomorrow during the general Diablo Q&A we’ll get some more D4 meat.

(Edit: the Q & A tomorrow is a general Diablo Q&A)

There is no D4 Deep Dive unless I am blind.
This event was really light on D4 info unfortunately, and the one D4 panel was even lighter. Less than we see in a blog post.

I get that they prioritized D2R. But still disappointing.

1 Like

Rather embarrassingly, I assumed there was a D4 deep dive tomorrow, but it’s a general Diablo Q & A instead. Slipped under my radar. I’m not sure why they would have done that. I guess they didn’t have much to share other then the Rogue.

They really should offically put those D2 character hack programs into the offline game.

They exist. There’s some fun in it. And it’s for offline in a 20 year old game.

That panel with MrLlamaSC and the Dev team on D2R was great. So much there. You could see their passion and dedication to the original D2. I mean they even knew about some of the work arounds that we do. Just playing threw normal mode you would never know. The archaeology aspect was amazing to learn. Great job Blizzard was smart to bring VV into the fold. Now please don’t force them to relocate. D2R looks outstanding. Of all your games D2 needed a update the most I feel it could barely work on modern PC’s. Can’t wait to see and learn more.

2 Likes