Diablo 4 trading still not good

The best items will be bind on account because they want to reward gameplay, its like saying if you want to own a car you have to make your own, you can’t work on something else and with that money you can do what you want, nooo if you want a car you can only get it if you build it on your own, just let people sell crafting mats ingame if they want to and then reward them with opportunity to buy one gg item with gold they got from selling crafting mats, FREEDOM people FREEDOM even a real world doesn’t have that kind of restrictions.

This is good video of how to make D4 gg

27 Likes

Gotta link that Interview with Mr. Llama

2 Likes

I still don’t know for myself what I think about that. I mean some of their points seem ok, it also would be some kind of action against botters/farmers to sell these best items. On the other hand if they tie it behind group content other people who prefer to do the game alone are left out.
But we still have a long time to go, and many blogposts to read :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

IMHO - BiS Items are more like 1st place trophies

If you want a 1st Place Trophy, you must earn a 1st Place Trophy.

If you want a BiS Item, you must earn a BiS Item.

11 Likes

It’s called loot hunting, which is the point of games like Diablo.

Trading does not belong in it in any form whatsoever.

13 Likes

Watch the timelink duuuuhhhh

1 Like

This is like complaining that you don’t level up in real life and get skill points. Games can have different rules.

3 Likes

It’s nothing like this example. In this example you own the car. When d4 comes out and you’re playing it you don’t own it. The items you get in game aren’t yours, the character you’re playing isn’t yours.

Then why does practically every ARPG have trading or the ability to drop items for other people? Hmmmm.

Also, is it not loot hunting to find loot and trade it for other loot?

15 Likes

No, it’s loot hunting to find loot so you can play better. Not so you can waste the time you could be playing in forums or chats with “wts/wtb”.
That’s why we need good drop rates so we can find our stuff ourselves, and keep trading OUT.

4 Likes

If the game was called Car Maker 2020, that limitation would make perfect sense.
Likewise, in an A-RPG it makes perfect sense to limit you to finding your own gear.
A video game is not real life.

I do agree that D4 trading is not good though.
There should be NO trading.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re lazy.

10 Likes

Do you know what their definition of best gear is? Neither does anyone else here so it is impossible to say what won’t be allowed to be traded, what can be traded once, and what are freely tradable items.

I believe it is good to restrict some items. Otherwise you get people feeling that trading is required to gear their character as opposed to playing the game. I have a feeling the items not for trade will be the mythic and artifact (if still in game) items. Sets and legendaries will fall into the trade once category, and everything else is free from restrictions.

This does seem like a fair middle ground where gear farmers become irrelevant in regards to the top items and player are then required to put in some play time to find their own.

And why does practically ever ARPG has shady outnofngame real money trading? This helps put an end to that in a way just like the RMAH did.

If anything is “lazy” it is acquiring gear by buying it from a trading site.

8 Likes

Any person demanding no trading is utterly clueless.

A game without trading, where the sole thing to do is kill stuff for loot, so you can kill stuff faster for loot. You’re asking for the game to fail on a level worse than that of D3. Which means no more content or development when the playerbase quickly shrinks. And it’ll never attain the player levels D3 had at launch either.

Why worse than D3? Because D3 came on the back of the success of highly rated great game of it’s time, Diablo 2. Diablo 4 is coming on the the back of a low rated, mediocre Diablo 3.

Seriously, who says trading doesn’t belong in a loot hunting game? Trading was made for loot hunting games. Players like to be able to trade the loot they find. Even those who don’t do it very often. It’s important to have the option.

19 Likes

We’ll end up with another Diablo 3 that gets boring one week into a season with crazy drop rates. No thanks.

12 Likes

Funny, D2 meta score 88. D3 meta score 88. D2LoD meta score 87D3RoS neta score 88.

You guys keep saying this but it was reviewed favorably. It was review bombed back to hell.

1 Like

Never traded in D2. Killed fir loot to kill faster. For some reason D2 wore on me years sooner and I stopped about a year after LoD. I still play every season. Might just be the moment to moment gameplay is so much fun that no other ARPG has given me the fix I crave.

1 Like