Diablo 4 rune words

ok guys about diablo 4 rune words… if they dont keep diablo 2 rune word system and just expand on top of it i think they will ruin rune words. from the video i watched about it they already have… no world of war craft dumb things in diablo please… of for the love of god no new things unless its built on top of the existing system which we all know and love. ok guys thanks for my rant. and also as a side note if they want to add new things then they can do that by taking whats already there which is AWESOME and just making it even better if they do this we will love it. if they take the old system and chop it up and make a new one thats a huge gamble,… and they will make the fans angry

18 Likes

I think the concept is better than the way it was implemented in D2 with the potential to really be interesting. And D4 is going to be it’s own thing, stop worrying about how it will be different than D2.

10 Likes

well based off diablo 3 being so bad we already know how that worked out
just saying no disrespect to you
this is blizzards last hope b4 Activision swallows it for ever.

11 Likes

i honestly like the concept
it needs more than 2 sockets but its more interesting than uniques 2.0

3 Likes

D3 did just fine despite your personal feelings. And no, D4 isn’t their last hope.

8 Likes

yeah more then 2 and more then effect and condition… which not sure how u can have more then 2 in this system. but also i liked having skills from others classes like wear bear sorc.

2 Likes

well you can simply trigger multiple effects with 1 condition or 1 effect with different triggers
i made some examples xD
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/runewords-are-very-possible-within-the-new-system/10313/32

anyone who thinks diablo 3 was good… was not old enough for diablo 2. no one wanted rainbows and ponys
and the random item properties IMO was the worst part of diablo 3. the real time auction house and o yeah huge numbers and cartoon graphics. not really a diablo game if u think about it just had the diablo title.

8 Likes

I actually agree that the runeword system in Diablo 4 can be expanded, but I wouldn’t say it would need to go the route that Diablo 2 went. Instead I’d say that more sockets can be added to to some item types, then different rune types could be added so instead of just condition and effect, there could also be an amplification rune (this is actually someone else’s idea). They could even have the sockets and/or socket links have various effects based on the item’s rarity that’s added and active alongside the corresponding rune. Something along those lines.

3 Likes

that and what about putting the runes in a certain order. if its effect and condition they basically are telling us the order takes the fun out of learning the ruin words and having to waste runes figuring them out. yea please more runes then just effect and condition. we need 4 or 5 different ones and then maybe 10-15 runes in each one of this ranks making it like 5x 15 runes or sumthing like that so theres lots of variations.

3 Likes

There could even be runes with charge up effect, pretty much the rune will give a different or more powerful effect based on the number of times it’s activated within a certain duration, or a rune type that gives powerful effects at terrible costs when activated.

All in all, it’s been awhile since we had an update regarding the runewords for Diablo 4, so hopefully some time this year we’ll hear more about them, among other things as well.

2 Likes

Im ok whit runewords as long as they don’t put Os Skills on them

1 Like

if we look at history and take into account diablo 1 made battle net. then diablo 2 was so popular. then all the fame from worl of war craft… then the failure of diablo 3. Activision buys blizzard. so its no longer blizzard really. then if blizzard doesnt make money like Activision wants they will dictate how the game will be made and ran. it might not even be diablo anymore. im scared really for the fate of blizzard. and diablo 4 really is its last hope. or at least for people like me who come to blizzard for diablo games. not over watch or world of warcraft or any other game but diablo games.

2 Likes

Blizzard is not your ordinary small to medium sized studio the likes of EA and Activision have bought before and swallowed whole. Blizzards brand is far greater than any those former studios and rivals that if Activisions. Blizzard isn’t going anywhere. If you believe that if D4 fails then Blizzard is no more then I have some bridges to sell you.

And so what? You do realize they get new layers to their games quite regularly. This is just another gatekeeping attempt. Blizzard will be just fine without you.

5 Likes

ur being rude and also blizzard wont be ok if millions of people just like me dont buy anymore

2 Likes

Apparently millions of you stopped playing D3 and 10s of millions of new players joined. You are outnumbered and outdated as far as Blizzard and most of the gaming community is concerned.

Also, I’m almost certain you might be an alt account. 3 accounts with literally no posts arguing the same way all calling me rude in the last 2 months. Hmm?

3 Likes

well right now theres 17k players playing diablo 3 right now… not sure what 10 millions of ur ur talking about. but the player count has done nothing but decline in diablo 3 im just stating facts here and i feel like ur trying to argue with me. anyways good day to everyone and best wishes for diablo 4

4 Likes

You know exactly what I’m talking about. The 4+m that played D2 vs the 31+m that played D3.

2 Likes

that is a mute point brother. atm there are not millions playing d3 not as many as u claimed. theres probably more people playing diablo 2 mods then there are diablo 3 right now and thats just sad. and its shows what im trying to show everyone here. diablo 2 does matter. ur roots matter and where u came from matters.

3 Likes

D4 rune words sounds better than D2 rune words. By far.
Now, this is Blizzard and they might very well end up making it trash. But the concept is good.

Also, the thing about D2 runewords is that it is just crafting. They can have D4 runewords AND the essence of D2 runewords at the same time. Where you go to a blacksmith, give them the item and runes, in a specific order, and walk away with your new crafted item. Without wasting a good socketing system on it.
Not that they should do this, as I am against crafted gear :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like