Diablo 4 looks like a game mainly created for consoles

If it was developed with console limitations in mind, yes, it does. If the game could have been more complex if it had been developed for pc, that means it was dumbed down. There are too many examples to list from old and new games. We know when they were developing D3 they were at least considering consoles. I love consoles but when you compare mmos and arpgs developed primarily for pc to some developed primarily for consoles, there’s a great difference due to limitations of each platform.

3 Likes

Quin69…and your friends.

No it won’t, cause Lost Ark is even more cartoonie than D3.
There are weapons, like a huge hammer, 3 times as big as your character.
D4 has smooth gameplay, as does D3, which is better than D2.
Obviously D2 has better things than D3, itemization, story, music etc.
But game play, cmon.

D1 and D2 had 2 buttons, yes you could map some keys to those buttons but only to change skill faster, the only two realy active buttons were left and right click.
D4 has the same amount of buttons as D4

Oh please. This is just wild speculation on your part. Specially with your claim about a “big drop in quality”.

Nothing in those quotes even suggests that they had creative freedom on the PC side of the game.

Yeah, FFXIV totally sucks because it was made for the PS3 too. :roll_eyes:

You guys always want to blaim consoles for problems in PC games, but always overlook the very real possibility that the games would be designed the same way even without a console version.

2 Likes

No ffxiv was designed for consoles first. It’s why the maps are so small and why it has so many loading screens.

FFXI was designed for the PS2, and it had huge maps. Clearly the small maps of ARR were a creative option. More so when the expansions had big maps.

You sir must win the gold metal for the most mental gymnastics in a single forum post.

1 Like

Oh really? Why?

First I provide you with an example of an MMO made for an even weaker console that had huge maps.

Then I also point out that the first expansion of FFXIV also had big maps (which was still released on the PS3).

The presence of loading screens is a different matter, but it’s hardly safe to conclude that the console version is to blame, because there is one huge “little” detail that you’re overlooking. You act like PC games are always designed for high-end PCs, but in reality developers try to get as many players playing as possible, and that means designing games for average PCs.

It looks like an early pre-alpha type of demo so there are a lot of things that can and no doubt will change till launch.

I think that Quin and a few others are all on D4 because of 4 player max limit for teams. If it didn’t have that then there wouldn’t be a problem with D4 seeming to be designed for console.

Except you don’t. Path of Exile is on console and is pretty much the same as the PC version. Blizzard is just dumbing down the game period. I’m happy it’s coming to console for when I’m lazy, but they need to rethink the streamlining of everything.

1 Like

I still have my copies of Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 for the playstation. I played the hell out of both of them.

1 Like

This is a legit thing to be worried about simply because the devs stated they are also targeting cross play between console/PC.

Diablo 3 and other ARPG games have been brought to console sure, but they operated on different servers and dont have cross play. They had to be customized for console.

When cross play becomes a goal you will find that perhaps the game being designed for console/PC at once WILL impact certain designs and aspects of the game differently than if they had been developed with PC in mind 1st.

Quote from POE devs on crossplay
“We want to focus on our design and implementation based on the system that people are playing on. We also don’t want to create any type of advantage or disadvantage because the game will play vastly different depending on your choice of system”

3 Likes

It`s about User Interface. They need to make Diablo 4 for PC, look like a game made for PC. Right now it looks like a game for console.

2 Likes

This is my major concern because if that is the case then no matter what we get the depth and mechanics will be shallow and the replay-ability will be limited as well.

1 Like

If it’s made for consoles than i’ll play it console.

Well of course it does. Devs these days design games for consoles and make it playable on PC. Don’t get me wrong, I hate it too, but I understand why. Casuals will buy it for the name on console and there are hundreds of thousands more of them than us PC players. I’d love nothing more than to utilize my $6000 gaming rig on a high end D4, but I know better. Consoles is where the money is, and that’s all devs care about now days $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

1 Like

There is zero proof that the game would have more depth, non-shallow mechanics and increased replayability if it were developed only for PC. That’s just a nonsensical talking point.

That is true if you look at it from that limited view point. I am not bashing consoles, the point is with consoles or mobile there is limited number of controls with what you can do therefore limits what you can do in the game over all. With a PC it is unlimited, with console or mobile they are limited on what they can do based on the limits of the interface.

100% true though, just because they build it for PC does not mean that the game would have tons of depth. However, on a PC there is no limitations to the user interface, resulting in almost unlimited options.