Diablo 4 looks like a game mainly created for consoles

What’s wrong with gaming company expand their business to other game platform again?

1 Like

The most important thing for a Diablo 4 is to have some kind of open system trading, not BOA thing, all other things are much easyer to fix, to me everything seems ok expect boa items.

So much nonsense in this thread.

As I play Neverwinter Nights, Baladurs Gate and Icewind Dale along with Pillars of Eternity on my PS4 along with D3 both UI’s for PC and PS4 can cope with the requirements.

The UI for D4 is cleaner and simpler because they want it to, nothing to do with console.

2 Likes

The game becomes worse. Please see: Diablo 3

6 Likes

Also inventory tetris, which was one of the Diablo pillars, was gutted in Diablo 3 because it would be too inconvenient for console players. Just another example of immersion being ruined to broaden the target audience.

7 Likes

No one is against anything, we suggest to make PC version and Console version. Lots of people can feel the difference in movement and overall feeling is different. Read this great post Feedback and suggestions on Diablo 4

2 Likes

Thank you for appreciating, Ilynpayne!

1 Like

Now THAT is just nonsense. Console version of d3 came out almost 2 years after pc release. And it came out with lots of qol improvements to the interface. If they wanted, they could’ve made tetris on pc and a different bag on consoles.

They didnt.

Why? Because this “pillar” of diablo design added nothing valuable. Only frustration and hassle. It doesnt serve any real purpose other than wasting time and annoying you when you needed to manually move a ring in your bag because it didnt let chestpiece to fit.

They removed it for everyone, and thank god for that.

Its funny, you know. In a neighbor thread i have a guy arguing that d3 was developed for pc - which somehow proves pc superiority. And here i have you complaining that they ruined the inventory because they aimed for consoles.

What wouldnt i give to see you two come face-to face and sort it out.

2 Likes

Diablo 3 is awesome. Even PoE has console and no one saying the game becomes worse.

2 Likes

I don’t really see an issue with the game being made for pc/console. A lot of games are made for both these days. Heck I wish some of the console features of D3 would have made it a way to PC, the nemesis system on console is a cool feature.

What I do hope though is that blizzard makes the game have cross play. With it being an online only game there is no reason not to have cross play.

I also hope that for pace the game offers controller support.

1 Like

Funny you should say that. Im pretty sure that d3 was the third top sellong games of all times at some point, with over 30 million copies sold.

If my game could manage to get worse like that - I’d be ecstatic.

Did you seriously say that D3 have itemization, talent tree, adventure, content to play, playable end game… i dont think so. The point is that is blizz product, no mater how good or bad will be d4 i will buy it, that doesnt make the game better than someone or best rpg…

The difference between us is that i dont make a list of fetish features for myself, against which i compare a game to know if its good.

Top down view… Check.
Stat based loot… Check.
Skill-based combat… Check.
Resource gui looking like orbs… Check.
Talents… Oh… OMG, what a garbage game!!! Flips the table

I play and enjoy the game for what it is, without endlessly comparing it to other games i like.
D3 may not have some things d2 had… And half of the time - thank f-ing god for that. But it has lots of stuff that d2 didnt even dream about. For that, i like it.

It would have been super-boring to play the same game with updated graphics.

3 Likes

What is RPG without creating the Role at first place :smiley: So yes Talents missing big time… to be more clear i wana Blizz to came up with best solution and produce masterpiece. Im not here to cry or blame, just constructive feedback on the things that are not ok. Why they getting back to Talents again than ?

D3 have good things also, but sadly they are few and no that much important.

1. Better graphics
  2. Fluid animations, spells and effects,
  3. More intuitive UI
    … let me think on others… hmm i cant sorry.

To be honest, d3 skill system fave you MUCH more options than d2 talents ever did

True, that is why they getting back Talents :smiley:

Except it’s not Fifa, where it doesn’t matter how dumbed down things are.

2 Likes

I played Diablo 1 on Playstation and that was cool.

Obviously the controls on console mean that some concessions must be made.

In D3 they added an additional dash that PC players didn’t have so clearly thought has gone into the differences.

My understanding is that for D4 we’re getting ultimate crossplay so they can’t have the gameplay separate like they did for D3. (we also get this dash on PC)

Consoles will be able to support Mouse and Keyboard which hopefully D4 will support.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing, PoE seems to have done a reasonably job of bringing their arpg onto console without compromising the main game.

I think rather than the issue you’re talking about being a console issue it’s more of a casual vs hardcore player thing.

In D3 they really worked hard to make it casual friendly (as they do with all modern Blizzard titles) but then also forgot to ensure a sufficient level of depth for the more hardcore fans.

Gameplay in D4 will be different if you use a M+KB vs using a controller naturally. I don’t see a reason to make the gameplay different, it’s just console gamers will have some skills that are less effective when using the controller and potentially PC might have an ability they can’t use effectively with the standard M+KB setup - no reason the game can’t be the same on all platforms and maintain a lot of depth.

They definitely need to steer away from not putting something in because it’s more difficult with a controller. I mean console is pretty much just UI and controller issues at this point, we’re past the point where they are not powerful enough to have all the features we see on PC.

Diablo 4 looks like an extremely well rendered PC title, if you think anything else, I implore you to attend graphics school at your local tech school. If you think the console version is going to look anything like this, you are wrong!

I would be less concerned how it will look and more about how it will play.

Consoles are known for two things. Limited play controls and twitchy game play. Diablo games a re a bit simplistic but as they move it towards being more of a MMO it’s going to become an issue.

1 Like