Diablo 4 Itemization Blog Post Feedback

Please take this is as constructive feedback as requested by “System Design in Diablo 4 Part II”

Positive:
Overall I feel this simple change is a major improvement in item design. It looks like you guys are heading down a direction I like better than D3.

Constructive:

1. Those three stat names do not mean anything to me. It’s all very abstract.
  2. I want items to feel concrete, simple, and memorable. Why do I remember “Hawkmail” in D2? Because of what a massive relief “cannot be frozen” is, and the difficult decision to replace it with a piece with overall higher stats.
  3. I want items to be prominent, beautiful, and fun to pick up / look at. The icons are too small. The character screen is too abstract.
  4. I like when big items like armor and hammers look HUGE. This is so fun! Please, just a little tetris?

Overall: It looks like you are heading in a better direction in system design, but please do not overlook the important of UI design in making items better, and try to keep things simple and intuitive instead of abstract.

You do realize that all they have proposed is a new SET? And that they are planning to diffuse sets throughout the game, so that instead of pursuing a Set once you reach end-game, you will be chasing after Sets the moment you begin playing the game?

They are not “Stat Names”, they are SET CLASSES.

You will pursue a SET score.
In order to unlock certain affixes you will have to have a certain SET score.
For example, you will have to have at least 2 Demonic items with a set Score of 90 to unlock a certain Demonic affix.

The idea is absolutely identical to what currently exists in D3, except it will no longer be confined to max level items, you will begin pursuing sets the moment you start the game.

That’s another bad sign. Remarks that agree/support the Dev’s are being redirected to a thread that the Dev’s will “prioritize”.

However, critical remarks which point out that the idea(s) presented by the Dev’s are terrible are NOT being redirected to that thread.

:unamused:
My thread on the idea(s) presented was trolled and attacked but no one suggested that I put it where it can be “prioritized”.

Gee, I wonder why your post got “trolled” and not prioritized? You start off calling them childish. Not a good way to offer criticism if you want to be taken seriously no matter how good your points may be.