Diablo 4 confirmed cash-shop/p2w. New Blizz hiring

Everything can be solo’d in D4 you know. You might have that issue for end game content though and world bosses.

Huge difference, one was a f2p mobile game where it was expected, the other isn’t.

1 Like

Right, that’s pretty much what I expect. The shop being similar to WoWs.

1 Like

Which technically wins you nothing. The BoEs are basically garbage and the 1 or 2 slots available won’t make a difference. The carries win you nothing since by the time you can get carried, guild have that raid on farm, or the worlds/server first races are over. You are paying for sloppy sexonds at best with WoW.

I got 2 5 stars yesterday, 1 from a random crafting, and the other from an elder rift using one of my legendary crests. Now, I know that is very rare and not typical. I’ll probably never have enough mats to rank one of them up for a long while but people can get lucky.

This is what they said at the start. Nothing forces them to stick with the shop idea, especially if they face enough backlash.

What is weird about this? of course you would want to know the trends and purchasing behaviors of players.

What is the current trend? Is it armour sets that looks cool? Is it armour sets that look a certain way? Maybe it is skill effects? What type of skills? A lot of people like “Meteor” maybe it is smart to make a Meteor MTX? Theres tons of stuff to analyze. And to release at the correct time.

But at the same time the skeptic in me always think that there are some alternative motives behind things like skill MTX. I have this for PoE as well. But they have managed so far. And that is: They buff something and at the same time make MTX for it. But you can always make MTX and by the time it is meta the MTX is already in the store. So it doesnt really matter all that much about the timing of it all.

Off course they will sell power, lootboxes, temp xp gains etc. Besides cosmetics, pets, perhaps mounts.

Perhaps not things that are (practically) unobtainable in game, if we are “lucky”…

Now they have seen the success of D:I.
Where success is off course solely defined by profit made. For a commercial company with share holders, that is the only thing that counts.

All our complaiming is completely nullified by all the players paying a lot of money to gain a few ‘special’ pixels…

R.I.P. Diablo

What success
It has yet to show how successfully D:I will carry on
I predict a fatal death soon and a heavy change in the progression systems

I really do hope so.

However, I am convinced the game will be a huge success, profit wise, destroying D4 as well…

Most definitely there will be changes. Possibly huge ones. Not on the p2w front though.

but they said many times wht they not gona sell power in D4 only cosmetics

No, you’re just a troll.

I remember my dad buying Atari games in 1982 for $60 new. If you were to bring todays prices in line with inflation since then, games would cost $180 bucks. We should be glad they do this MTX garbage, cause at least we can ignore it. I’m not going to be able to buy more than a couple games a year at almost two hundred dollars a pop.

They haven’t yet. It might be a total failure. Hope so. Already, no one cares about streaming or watching it.

Hah, because you are obviously so humble …
Regardless of the validity of any said prediction, there is nothing anyone can do about it. People screamed from the rafters to stop D:I from being a money grabbing crap-show but as you can see they doubled down. They give zero cares about what the community thinks so long as they hard profit to the maximum, this is not the Blizzard of old that cared about their games first.

Respeccing is power, and selling those would be P2W.

Which is also why it is hard to really trust Blizzard on “we wont sell power in D4” these days. “Gems are not items”, hurr hurr.

Max lvl boosts are also P2W.

Anyway, nothing about this job posting indicates D4 will be P2W. Of course, nothing indicates that it wont either.
I dont like Cosmetic MTX, but selling cosmetic MTX is acceptable. As long as it doesnt happen through loot boxes. The Fortnite way is the only way in this regard.

Indeed. How can we trust a word coming out of Blizzards PR mouth currently.

This is another part of it for sure. Even if they only sell cosmetics, it matters how absurd they make the game around making people click on the shop button.

Like, do you click the shop button each day for your “daily login reward” :crazy_face: and stuff like that.

:100:
Unfortunately, there is no room for believing a word Blizzard says currently, not just because of the D:I disaster, but also, eh, various other happenings in the last few years. They will have to earn that trust back over a long time.

Selling Gold in WoW is P2W.
But buying carries is not P2W. Blizzard are not the ones selling the carries.
They should still try to stop it however, it is terrible gameplay design.

Which is why I only have 1 requirement for D4 selling MTX cosmetics:
In the settings have a toggle that says: “Disable all cosmetics on other players”.
All cosmetic gear, all moves, all pets, all wings, all whatever, not shown on other players if that is toggled. Just show the actual gear etc. people are using. Also more PvP friendly.

Yes, there is nothing at all wrong with hiring analysts for player behavior, including MTX behavior. The stuff that can be wrong with that is how you use it.

Give me $180 games over MTX/P2W any day of the week, please.

omg no pls i dont wanna click but none can pass on login rewards D:

Even without any MTX at all, daily login rewards are just embarassing design. Like they took all the Participation Trophy memes of gaming and ran with it. Why exactly do I get rewarded for logging in :person_facepalming:

1 Like

so you come back and they have a chance you will maybe buy something from the shop or generally just increase the demographic
after all we arent individuals we are numbers

2 Likes

what they havent said yet, is that they just renamed power to zower. You can buy zower, but not power in the shop. Zower makes your character more powerful.

2 Likes

The funniest part is that even the whales lose.

You spent $400 on your char? That’s a lot of money, could have gotten you a PS5. But you’re still gonna get stomped by someone who paid $1000. The $1000 whale gets stomped by the $2000 whale, and so on.

1 Like