Diablo 4 can be made only once

Obvious right?
But lets speak some more.

Look at World of Warcraft that game cannot be re done or remastered ( I mean it could but lets be real, not gonna happen) Only added on or expanded upon.
So many people just read comments and take no action, Dont like dont reply disagree or share your opinion, but Diablo 4 can only be made once so please lets all try our best to get our voice out there and help it become more amazing

I guess what im getting at is I really hope more people start using the forums, commenting on the D4 quarterly update with their opinions and ideas and really get their voice out there trying to help the devs get more and more feedback whether thats from a post a comment or even liking and agreeing with someone else, or disagreeing.

I have pretty bad social anxiety and i usually let that stop me doing a lot of things but when it comes to things that are really important to me and that im passionate about i try put myself out there and i love Diablo.

So many people just read comments and take no action, Dont like dont reply disagree or share your opinion, but Diablo 4 can only be made once so please lets all try our best to get our voice out there and help it become more amazing.

I like D1 D2 and D3, Even diablo immortal is appealing to me, I know a lot of you here are passionate and i love it.
Btw trolls…I know “No one cares” But if i cant get one person to start commenting about Diablo 4 thats a win for me :slight_smile:
Part of dev post below

We’d like to encourage you to have a focused place to discuss our first Quarterly Update , now live for your reading enjoyment! This is intended to be a dedicated thread for that purpose, and our developers will be prioritizing reviewing feedback or discussion here.

1 Like

World of Warcraft Classic disagrees with you.

1 Like

Yeah… Its not remastered…Its just classic.
Im saying if Diablo 4 isnt a great game it will be disappointing because the world will only be created once.

So, it doesn’t have QoL from post-vanilla, or any high resolution models / textures, and plays in 1024x768 then?

1 Like

Yes but many things remain unchanged do they not?
Like itemization talents skills UI mmo elements lore etc etc

It’s not the same experience not to mention no one will get that first time feeling when playing classic.

2 Likes

So true. I was excited to play it, and after a few hours and a few thousand smite casts I was like, nope.

Well on the topic of redoing games, you’ve got things like FF14 which did actually remake the game. It’s possible, it’s just a lot of work to overcome a bad first impression.

There are also tons of remastered and remakes going on right now for games, but those generally only get made for games that were beloved in the first place.

That said the biggest problem Diablo 4 faces is that Diablo 3 ended up being a significant departure from what DIablo 2 was. Regardless of if it was a good game or not, that caused a split in the community.

So now we have people arguing all the time over if Diablo 4 should be more like D2, more like D3, or just do its own thing.

and this is the internet so we basically just rehash the same arguments over and over and people rarely ever change their minds about things.

“Diablo 4 can be made only once”.

I hate when people contradict themselves so clearly. Shows how dumb they are.
Any game can be made any number of times based on the purse of it. Be it a sequel, prequel, expansion of storyline of original in terms of DLC, or just a complete reboot.

If you actually believe your notion of “D4 can be either successful or the franchise will die”, then you’re really full of yourself. There’s a science (statistics and analytics) behind these things. Unless you can show us your analytical research into Blizzard and Activision Blizzard, and show us that your theory at least has merit, you got nothing interesting to say here.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to do here. People are already filling the web with all kinds of discussions about the future of D4.
The simple matter of fact is that we can’t discuss it in more detail until we see it and play it. We can’t “help” developers without seeing how it’s working currently. All we can do is speculate and theorycraft very vaguely, and just trust the develoeprs and their blog posts.

To be honest, you just clickbaited people and practically said “Hey, here’s MY thread. Discuss D4 on MY thread, so I feel good about MYSELF for engaging the community and doing something good.” — but we all know you did nothing here.

But it demonstrates how WoW was “remastered” through its lifetime.

Graphics have gotten better, things have been redone (iteratively) over time, etc.

They remake WoW every expansion in some significant way.

And I disagree with this premise as well, since D3 essentially WAS remade when they dumped the AH. That was a foundational game play and community U-Turn for the team and the game.

And we all know how the various classes have been impacted over the years through skill changes and gear changes.

It looks the same, but D3 today is quite different from the D3 of yore.

Same here. About an hour in was like I’m done.

How was the game remade Other than adventure mode and difficulty?
Obviously items skills etc will always be nerfed and buff/changed over time.

The loss of the AH and trading fundamentally changed game play and gearing. I (think) we lost the old Nightmare and such difficulty levels, at least not the way they were done originally in D3 (notably the large gaps between them). The NR and GR game play changed the end game completely.

Then, of course, (as an artifact of the loss of the AH), the new loot system, “smart drops”, starting the abundance of Legendaries.

The graphics were the same, Cain was still there, but “this is not the D3 we knew before”.

Original D3 was classic Diablo, with the AH in terms of game play. We’d go out, re-run parts of acts that we like best (Keep, FoM, etc.). Much like was done in D2. Bosses weren’t as lucrative as D2, so we didn’t just farm, say, Azmodan, over and over and over. What we craved was density and went and found it.

Now density comes to us, we rarely go in to the world, rarely encounter the odd side quests and what not. Just different gameplay.

1 Like

Don’t forget about monster power. Good old fashioned MP 1-10.

I understand what you guys are saying I just mean at launch, Things are pretty set in stone untill possibly the expansion. Of course many things can change but a lot wont and might not for X amount of years.
All i want is for people to voice their opinion because some people do care and like to discuss Diablo as we all love it :slight_smile: