Diablo 3 Season 28

Anyone have an idea on what month the new season may launch?

You’ll know the same time as everyone else, i.e. when Blizzard announce it.

6 Likes

I’m guessing mid-late January, but as stated above, we won’t know at all until Blizzard announces it as they’re the only ones who know.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thank you. <3 <3 <3

I agree with Oblivion mid to late January. I don’t think they can prolong this season into February and don’t think they have time to end this season and start another before the end of the year because of the Holidays. But like everyone else already said, we’ll know when they tell us.

How does everyone feel about a mid-late January S28 launch?

1 Like

Way too late. S27 has now lasted 3 months, more than enough for people to expect the next PTR to come very soon.

If the current pace (~4 month seasons) persists, S28 sgould start on January 8th at latest, any further delay will mean a failure. The seasons were supposed to last 3 months and now they last 4 months by standard.

All points considered, the PTR has to come before Christmas, otherwise S28 will be a failure.

While not a priority in regarg of D3, they have to take D4 open beta into consideration. It will come sometime early next year. If there’s any overlap, D3 will get less attention.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be bothered by it, since most of the recent seasons have lasted over 4 months, so it wouldn’t be anything new imo.

1 Like

I don’t know how much of a factor this might be but several forum members (no idea how many due to NDA) were involved in the closed beta. So maybe, just maybe, that also delayed ending the current season since it was possible to be away from the season for up to a month while in the closed beta.

Hmm. Who runs this game? Devs or the community?

With Dragonflight was just launched, no surprise if the remaining Diablo team go to the WoW department and help them until everything was stable until the next month.

First week of Jan , Dec is a bust ,

Time to check Bullwinkle’s bunion!

If Blizzard were to actually follow their own rhetoric, “It’s called a season for a reason,” then the next season should start Dec 21. First official day of winter, I believe.

Best Season start would be 06.01 or 13.01, but for that PTR had to start next week.

Beginning to wonder if there will even be a S28. With D4 coming soon D3 is probably on the back burner since it generates little revenue.

There will be, but with Diablo Immortal here, and Diablo 4 coming, expect D3 seasons to get longer and longer.

2 Likes

It’s highly likely that we’ll still continue seeing new seasons, even with Diablo 4 approaching release (as well as after the game’s release), similar to how Diablo 2 continues having ladder resets, despite there being D3, DI, D2R, and eventually D4.

That said, we’ll probably get to the point where the seasonal themes for Diablo 3 seasons will be recycled from previous seasons rather than new ones.

1 Like

post removed by author

2 Likes

That’s going to happen, but maybe there is S29 & S30 with an unique theme and after that they recyle seasons every three months or they do a last big balance & item rework. If it comes like this we would have 10 unique “real” season themes.

Triune, Eternal Conflict, Forb. Archives, Trials of Tempests, Shades of Nephalem, Eth. Memory, Soul Shards, Light’s Calling + S28 and hopefully S29, S30. Not sure if you can count Forbidden Archives.