Diablo 3 return to desktop

Diablo 3 returns to desktop after clicking “apply” or “accept”. I can’t find any solution.

Hey, ZeekStone! By chance, would you have or have had a razer peripheral? We’ve seen some in-game crashes recently that it’s worth double checking for.

If so, could you try the following steps:

If it continues from there, could you provide a DxDiag file to check out? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Makes sense. I just got a new Logitech G203. is there a fix for it?

rj5stHXS <— dxdiag on pastebin

ZeekStone,

We don’t have any such issues with Logitech hardware/software currently - and I’m not seeing anything super interesting in the MSInfo you sent in. That said, I watched your video and I think I see what’s going on here. It looks like you’ve got something basically stealing focus over your mouse. The moment you click that mouse, your cursor converts back to your normal desktop cursor, then you shift back to desktop.

Usually that means it’s going to be an overlay or something like that. Let’s start by uninstalling Logitech Gaming Software and see if it fixes things. If it does, try reinstalling it and reach out to Logitech’s support team for more help if it returns. You may need their help to configure things. If that doesn’t work, try disabling other programs and services on startup, restart your PC, and retest things.

If that fails, can you create a DXDiag and upload it instead? We got a ton of information from that MSinfo, but the DXDiag tells us more about your monitor and such and may be more helpful.

DxDiag file @ pastebin: P8CmQutr

I’ve disabled all other startups too. I uninstalled logitech drivers and it didn’t fix it.

Try disabling Game DVR of Win10, if you haven’t yet.

Also, you can use Windowed Fullscreen mode rather than Fullscreen. That should workaround the issue.

I’m on GTX 970 i would rather to use fullscreen.

Thank you for including those details, ZeekStone! It looks like there were some application hangs and security related errors with Diablo III. I have a few more things in mind that may help. Could you try seeing if the same behavior happens on a New Admin account after running through a disk and image repair scan? It’s also worth checking for any overheating or overclocking. The system could be trying to protect itself from shutting down or freezing completely if it is overheating while the game is running.

If the game keeps closing on the new admin account, this may be too complex to address on the forums and we’ll need to dig into this issue further. I recommend to contact our technical support team directly so we can look into this issue further with you.

Making new admin account in window 10 worked! Now I can see diablo 3 logo instead of white blank in task bar!

Glad to hear that worked, ZeekStone! Since that did work, it does suggest some user profile issues like with the registry, settings, etc. It may help to reset the Windows firewall on the main account back to default. If it does continue on the main account after the reset, you may want to check with Microsoft to see if they can find the cause for the application hangs and security related errors on the main profile or see if they can help with moving things over to the new account.