Diablo 3 randomly crashing

My game keeps randomly crashing, I have read and tried several suggestions on this forum and nothing seems to work…

DxDiag
pastebin com/89fhZbmE

D3Debug
controlc com/275d2588

I can’t post links, so i edited the URLs.

Hey, Jackdrits! Thank you for including the DxDiag report and D3Debug files! Checking the crash here, it looks like this is either caused by permission, application conflicts, or a memory related issue. It can help to try the following steps:

The DxDiag file is showing the application hangs for Diablo III, but it’s not calling out specifics of what’s causing the crash outside of Diablo III. If the problem continues, could you contact our technical support team?

We’ll want to check out the MSINFO file for more specifics on the system and game crashes. Please do not post the MSINFO file on the forums as there may be personal information within this file.

Hi Caterpepi, thank you very much for your reply.

Yesterday I have tried repairing Windows system files (that DISM command) and i am evaluating the results.
If the problem persists, i will contact the Technical Support Team as suggested!

Thanks for the update, Jackdrits! The DISM scan could definitely help out here :slight_smile: Hopefully, that cleared things up with the random crashes!

It seems repairing Windows Core files did not work… game just crashed.
I was thinking it may have something to do with my JBL Bluetooth Speakers, dont know?

Anyway, I will contact the support team for further investigation and here is the latest D3Debug file:

controlc com/68600f11

I done everything suggested. I have played Diablo since D1 and never had problems before. “Every” time I try to do a higher group level This elemental stuff kicks in and the game crashes. So this season is a complete disaster. Exactly how am I supposed to be able to do high GRs and raise the level of gems?? Nothing has been done about this elemental hack that is supposed to help us play but instead destroys my game. That last advice I read was to delete Diablo and reinstall? For sure we ( my friends and I) will delete and will not be re installing. Sadly disappointed in you Blizzard after years of play.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I am still here and the issue persists…

Jackdrits,

In your previous DXDiag it looks like at least some of your hangups coincided with TurboHud lockups. Can you please try uninstalling this modification and see if the problem is fixed? If not, let’s get a new DXDiag to see if we can find anything else.

Also, please keep in mind that this modification of the game client is against the Terms of Use and may result in account suspensions. I recommend against its use.

Drakuloth,

I have tried MANY SUGGESTIONS to check if it would solve the random crash problem, which is not only happening to me exclusively as you can see in this forum.

If you look carefully, you will notice that I do not use modifications in most hangups, and a game crashing issue in a completely healthy computer should not be a problem thus should be as well “against the Terms of Use” and should result in a money refund?

So, how about we work on solving the REAL problem here?
Any new recommendations that i could try to solve it?

Seems you have an “addon”. Have you tried uninstalling it?

1 Like

I suspect a lot of legitimate players would see the real problem as you having posted incontrovertible evidence that you’re breaching the End User License Agreement by using cheats / add-ons and Blizzard’s response wasn’t to instantly ban your account.

1 Like

As I said, this happened even before i try MANY SUGGESTIONS, once my game was crashing before anything i tried…

What “addon” are we talking about here?

Meteorblade:
Are you here to help me solve the REAL problem or trolling? Can you READ? I will highlight it to you: I HAVE TRIED MANY SUGGESTIONS TO SOLVE THE CRASHING ISSUE, even those addons.

You really want me to name it? Ok … TxxxxHUD

Yep, I don’t use it to play… i tried it as a friends suggestion but the game still crashed.

… then uninstall it.

It is not installed anymore, for some weeks by the way!

Getting back to the REAL problem, I am working on a possible “Intel overheating” solution.
Maybe the tech team “missed” (too busy trying to find “addons”?) the fact that i am using a Dell XPS 15 laptop, and there may be an Intel processor throttling issue.

Right now I have installed Throttlestop to see if it helps out with the issue. (I hop this is not considered an “addon” by the End User Licence Agreement!)

EDIT:

Nope… no success, didn’t work.

D3Debug:

2020.07.26 10:04:06.981570700 ERROR: Trying to lock an invalid SNO 397640 which doesn’t exists or is not part of the SOUND_SNO group
2020.07.26 10:04:11.601265900 Initializing client world a3dun_Crater_ST_Level02…
2020.07.26 10:04:38.778355100 I 13:04:38.773255 [BGS] event=rich_presence_failure key=id: 58938117, id: 106127776 program: 17459 region: 1 missing_presence_unique_id=0 (src\low\service\presence\rich_presence.cpp:156)

Maybe it’s my JBL Bluetooth Speaker?
This is something to do with “rich_presence”… Oh, and I have already uninstalled Discord before.

Jackdrits,

I noticed those sound related errors in your D3Debug earlier but wasn’t at that point in time worried about them due to the more concerning things I found earlier. If you’ve already handled those, that’s good - just keep in mind that I’m giving you advice based on whatever evidence I have available at any point in time. It is usually less complicated to diagnose a conflict related crash than a hardware or driver related crash, which is why I stared there. It’s also important to note that a large amount of that debug log is just chatter. This error here should not result in a fatal crash.

There is a different sound based error going around which does - however your d3debug appears to be lacking the fmodex files that I’ve seen in the other crashes of this nature, and you’re not on the correct build of windows to be having that error either. That said, a CPU throttling error can cause sound shenanigans and game crashes. We could double down on the hardware idea and check for overheating, since you are on a laptop.

To do that, grab hwmonitor and install it. Then, launch hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5. Save this as Test2.JPG
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`

In addition, I’ll still need a new DXDiag so I can look for more of the errors. Those two things are going to be pretty critical to help you identify this as quickly as possible. We’re not trying to waste your time here - we’re just trying to handle this as methodically as possible so we don’t wind up missing the simple things and then spend several days doing more complex things that will not work because it was a simple thing.

I’m on Windows 10 1909 and having serious lag issues only on D3. Sometimes when I load into a game everything is frozen and the game is locked and i have to restart to get it back up and working. I don’t believe this is a Win 10 2004 issue, I think it’s an issue with the latest patch as I’ve had none of these issues prior to and only experienced them since.

Win 10 Pro
I7 6700k
32GB DDR 4 3200
Nvidia GTX 1070
Sound Blaster Audigy 5 RX

did you check if have the same fmod error in your D3Debug.txt?