Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.2 - Has ended

Immediate issue…

You’ve fixed the issue of players being able to socket a soul shard into an off-hand weapon.

However, whatever method you used to fix this means that it’s now impossible to socket a gem into any off-hand item. This means you can’t put standard gems such as Amethysts, Diamonds, Emeralds, Rubies and Topazes into off-hands. So, any class that dual-wields can’t, for example, put an emerald into an off-hand weapon for 130% CHD.

3 Likes

Seems to be working for me…

Happened to me as well, can’t put an emerald into a weapon on my equipped off-hand weapon.
And can’t equipped a socketed weapon.

Edit: can’t use the item that had the Shard in it. Crafted a new Fist weapon (only Lvl 28 here), put a socket in, can socket the equipped off hand. Might be actually a PTR only bug with equipped weapons that had their shard removed bythe patch.

Edit 2: I can’t even enchant the item at the Mystic. Looks like this items is borked beyond repair.

2 Likes

This is only a problem until you log off and back on. I couldn’t socket an emerald in my off hand barb mighty weapon. But, removing it from my character sheet, logging off, and back on fixed it. Now I can socket any normal gem in the off hand.

1 Like

Time to start using the bug report :point_down:

• Firebird’s Finery (6-piece bonus): You gain 2500% 5000% increased damage while Ignite is applied to a target. Hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling fire spell deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks. Pets cannot trigger this effect

Holy fuster cluck, they actually listened to player feedback. :scream:

• Updated Ring of Emptiness to benefit attacks from all non-Fetish pets.

Ohh yeeaaahh…

7 Likes

So ring of emptines now works whit non-fetish pets. Does that mean Helltooth Garg biuld is now a bit stronger?

Yeah, based on math the Helltooth Garg should be 9GR+ stronger with that buff alone.

6 Likes

Hell… F***ing… Yesssss. Finaly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Ring of Emptiness is up to 4x damage multiplier. That alone is 9GRs. That should bring several builds in to more competitive level.

I don’t think it’s still enough to bring WD up to level with other classes but it’s a start. It should help builds that have fallen into obscurity.

1 Like

Yeah i know it’s not a big buff, but it’s better than nothing :blush: and then the depth digger change, i can use fire bomb ( i know it’s not the bigest damage dealer, but i just love it)

1 Like

Will you be fixing Revive? Cooldown is poo with them just standing around. Increasing cooldown reduction per minion hit or adding permanent mages to reduce cooldown would help if Revive can’t be fixed.

Rathma has one source of damage that is heavily reliant on cooldown reduction and with Revive not working as intended, the set’s play style is a bit meh.

Thx

wouldn’t mind a little remorseless buff, without exploit it’s not that strong

some harsh changes/nerfs to the soul shards as expected.
hopefully every shard will be on a high enough powerlvl after all the fixing/nerfing - it would be a shame if the seasontheme isn’t exiting and to weak with no real build-diversity (not saying it’s now but the devs will have to be careful…)

1 Like

Oh don’t worry they are still strong - people are already running 150 solo again…

Whit or whit out soul shards?

that doesn’t neccesarily mean the seasontheme is strong enough at this point, even without bugs and exploits^^

edit: also balance seems really off, marauder/god dh still easily doing 150 and hota only like 135 now with the same paragon

1 Like

I am happy you reduced the nerf to the firebird wizard. I am requesting you do the same for the Necro Bone Spear build. Please put it in the same range of the wizard. Thank you.

2 Likes

They didnt reduce the nerf, they wiped out the entire MI build 100%.

Now you can be some silly melee FB and completely redo your gear if you feel like it.

Why bother? If I wanted to play melee I would be a melee and go Monk with the masses which is probably what I am going to do since they have at least 1 more patch season before they are nerfed.

Should have just left the MI nerf as it was instead of destroying tens of thousands of peoples builds all together and forcing us to play melee FB which is just stupid for a wizard.

2 Likes

They should add this to a wizards description at startup

(*please note, we can at any point completely ruin a build that you have spent hundreds of hours gearing up to the point that it no longer works and force you to become a melee class if you want any chance of being competitive which will take hundreds of hours of gearing up instead of downgrading its power because it is clearly over powered and we just figured we would destroy it completely.)

Now get out there and hack and slash you tanking wizard!

2 Likes

Inna is perfectly balanced, as all Builds should be (GR150 Solo with 0 Paragon S25 PTR)

https://youtu.be/hmxpo14lclU

So ya, thx for destroying MI FB. Great balance…

1 Like