Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.2 - Has ended

Yeah, something that can be completed in less than 5 minutes is truly horrible.

6 Likes

Maybe I am the worst D3 player ever, but I was never able to complete one.

Seriously? Most classes have at least one blindingly easy set dungeon. WD has Arachyr, DH has Marauder, barb has IK, etc. The IK dungeon in particular is almost impossible to fail.

Set dungeons are an annoynce but not to play seasons simply because not wanting to spend a few minutes doing one set dungeon is in my opinion just daft.

3 Likes

All classes have an easy set dungeon.

Interesting.

Almost tempting to try an Arachyr WD using firebats and Grin Reaper (this item is actually very fun and I wish more classes had something like it.) Maybe it will be fun.

Maybe the demon shards or whatever will fill gaps.

Need more details but sounds OK so far.

It is done on purpose.
Flavor of the Month game design.
:nauseated_face:

Because cross sets are way more interesting than Blizzards handcrafted handholding sets.
Not that it says much.

Hmmm, nice to know. Never really played Arachyr ā€¦ itā€™s the most unfun set on the planet and an instant salvage. Directly from Headrigā€™s Gift to materials :frowning:

All I have to say is Immortal King set dudgeon. You donā€™t even need all the gear. just the 6 pc set and anything with CDR. Iā€™ve done them all. Easiest set dungeon there is. There are plenty of YouTube videos.

Just to addā€¦

Of all the set dungeons I have done (which admittedly are not many - Iā€™ve only done all of them for necromancer and crusader, with 2-3 here and there for others), the Immortal King is, by far, the easiest. It actively encourages you to be as powerful as you can be - the rest almost always want you to reduce your damage by idiotic amounts or play in some way that makes no sense given youā€™re accustomed to another way.

The other very simple one, for me anyway, was the Pestilence set for necromancer.

That said, Iā€™m in favor of removing them if for no other reason than they donā€™t really act as tutorials. If they did, it would make sense to play in an awkward way.

Read guides about Set dungeons but donā€™t follow guides as itā€™s written. I would have perhaps never finished any dungeon or the season journey if I were to follow guides exactly. Most of the guides written by high end players who do everything the hard way.
You can still finish most dungeons in an easier way if you flip around and switch your skill runes with ones similar to what zdps counterparts of the class build use. You donā€™t have to reduce your damage by dropping equipment mostly as long as you can afford to play defensive too.

Oh hi, pinned thread.

I gottaā€™ say, with the boost to Innaā€™s this season, doing the Inna set dungeon took a bit of work.

I did look at online guides, but basically I needed to completely nerf any damage my character had, drop all jewelry, equip a low-level yellow item, change my skills and drop everything in the cube except boots to ward off freezing.

Even then, it took me a few times to figure out how to play it, NOT use ā€˜Dashing Strikeā€™ as it triggers my army of allies, and still have enough damage to clear the rest of the monsters once the main objectives were done.

Got it figured out, but the amount of tuning it took to do so makes me want to not really do another set dungeon again.

1 Like

But now you get to say you beat the Innaā€™s set dungeon! I think they even have a T-shirt you can orderā€¦ it only comes in blue though.

2 Likes

And again:
Bye Firebird Flameblades build :frowning: It was fun slicing stuff with you. Will miss you :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, D3 has more stash.
D3ā€™s stash is limited due to game design. More tabs crashes the game.

So, having a total of 13 tabs still works.

When 5 of those become personal tabs, tied a character, youā€™d still have 13 max in game.

However, each character has those 5 personal ones. Giving you number of chars * 5 tabs + the remaining max 8 shared ones. While still having that 13 max in any game.

So, much more tabs in total while maintaining the max in any game.

The approach (personal and shared) of stash is better in D2R, not its storage capacityā€¦

3 Likes

before you push this to console you need to work with that side to fix teh cheating on seasonal so we dont have MODDED gear in S25 on psn/xbox/ any other console its on cause if you donā€™t then S25 will be pointless right from the startā€¦also can you please make it so save files canā€™t be loaded to a usb stick then put on PC and modded via a program cause they can reload thaat modded file back onto console and go from lvl 1-999 just by doing save wizzardā€¦needs to happen blizzā€¦

Any news on what time the PTR will be up?

They never give an exact time that the PTR will be made available, but itā€™s usually in the mid-to-late afternoon in the Pacific time-zone, which is where Blizzard and the PTR servers are. With that in mind, here are some example time conversionsā€¦

PDT = Pacific Daylight Time (UTC-7)
GMT = Grenwhich Mean Time (UTC+0)
CET = Central European Time (UTC+1)
AEDT = Australian Eastern Daylight Time (UTC+11)

PDT GMT / UTC CET AEDT
13:00 Thursday 20:00 Thursday 21:00 Thursday 07:00 Friday
14:00 Thursday 21:00 Thursday 22:00 Thursday 08:00 Friday
15:00 Thursday 22:00 Thursday 23:00 Thursday 09:00 Friday
16:00 Thursday 23:00 Thursday 00:00 Friday 10:00 Friday
17:00 Thursday 00:00 Friday 01:00 Friday 11:00 Friday
18:00 Thursday 01:00 Friday 02:00 Friday 12:00 Friday

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pdt-to-gmt-converter
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pdt-to-cet-converter
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pdt-to-aedt-converter

2 Likes

can we please get some marauder 2p damage reduction? how about 60% while you have at least one sentry active

1 Like

Try the vyrs set dungeon. Its possibly the easiest.

1.) All you need is a fazula, and 6pc set.
Itā€™s just make sure you get to 100 stacks 3 times. Then murder everything. So first 3 archon cycles play a medium pace.

2.) Remember you can do them in a group. Just have someone stand at the door till you get your first objective done then split up and kill everything ez master