Diablo 3 due for a stat squish?

Stash squish sounds like a great idea. If done right it could be.

But…

Has anyone here experienced the stat squish in WoW? If I’m not mistaken, they are still ironing out things that broke. They can’t seem to get balance in D3 right now, re-balancing the entire game? I’m not sure they even could/would.

I know D3 is no where near the size of WoW, but neither is the team working on it.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if you didn’t read the thread. Can’t say I’m shocked.

Well, this is what you get when you make a game with such retarded numbers. D3V had it kinda ok’ish, at least better than now. I don’t know why thy decided to make these obnoxious numbers with RoS xpac.

Now probably it is impossible to squish everything properly since they would need to remake half the game.

It is actually funny that they squished numbers in WoW at some point, did it start to cause problems? They probably understood somewhere that they are going over the top and it will get only worse if this continues.

So lesson to you blizz don’t make retarded numbers in next diablo installment. It will be much easier to fine tune everything.

The question did derive from the 64-bit hp cap from gRift 150+.

I’d say its a good thing there is a definitive gRift cap of 150, since that would help developers be able to balance the game more so then if there was no cap.

1 Like

64-bit int sounds more like a rootless suspect.

Pros - I see no point in the stat squish besides the numbers won’t be so comically huge. It would also lead to completely rebalancing the game all over again, so maybe they could finally fix the myriad of things that have been wrong for so long.

Cons - If it goes the way of WoW, it really only creates room for further senseless number bloat and power creep.

2 Likes

D3 doesn’t need a stat squish, it needs a multiplier squish. That’s where the problem lies.