Diablo 20th Anniversay Wings (bug issue question)

So with the massive amount of people talking about not being able to even start season or play on their nonseasonal characters due to this…

Is there any plan to make sure that people are still able to get their Anniversay Wings? Because I legit can’t even start up a game to collect them, so I would feel kinda sorta maybe super angry if we miss out on getting them due to a silly bug.

As the Blizzard Support article states, they are apparently trying to fix it, because even their standard support suggestions do not help a lot of the time.

So again, does anybody know about any plans to make sure that the Anniversary Wings are going to be available still?
Or are the wings available all season? I am unaware of anything related to it, so just kinda asking around.

The 20th anniversary wings are in no way related to the season. I got mine before S21 started, on a non-seasonal hero. All you have to do is start a game. As soon as your hero arrives in town you’ll get the achievement and the associated wings.

If you’re currently under a chat silence penalty, that means you can’t create a game. Due to that bug, you’re just going to have to wait until the silence penalty expires to be able to do this.

If I was under a penalty, I could not post here…

Okay, but when does the event end? I did not see a date listed.

Also,

To which I have to say,

Not sure why you think it is so simple…
They have no work-around or solution, sooooo.
Did you even read the post I made, or the Blizzard post?

Edit
Also this thread.

its been going on for a while, and it only just now hit me after the new season started up.

1 Like

You’re aware you can have an in game chat ban and not a forum one right?

2 Likes

This is the usual cause of the Bug. If you are Silenced in ANY Blizzard game, not just D3, you can’t make a game in D3. That is an in-game penalty, not a forum penalty. The two are separate.

2 Likes

Again, not under silence, and many people are experiencing the same bug with or without their silence.

Also, why would a punishment in some other Blizzard game cause a bug in a different game? Seriously, I just do not understand how that possibly makes sense.

Obviously I did not know that, and it kinda points to the fact that I didn’t have one.

Also, back to what MissCheetah said…
how would being silenced in another game, make you incapable of creating a game for solo play in Diablo 3? How does a “silence” in one game, equate to what is essentially a temporary ban in another game? Is that how silences work in Diablo 3? Because I have never even gotten a warning in Diablo 3, since I basically never talk to anybody at all (I have grouped maybe 5 times ever, outside of powerleveling people, and I only really talk to answer questions for people)

But either way, what I am gathering from all the responses here, none of you know what is going on and neither does Blizzard, and nobody knows about the whole Wings situation. So imma just wait like I always do, for Blizzard to fix the issue, and hopefully I won’t miss out on the anniversary event of my favourite Blizzard series…

Thanks for at least trying to come up with answers peeps.

Because when an account is penalized the action is registered at the Bnet account level. Attempting to create a D3 game with a battlenet account flagged with a Silence (for any game), will cause that error. That is what the most common version of this Bug is.

We know exactly what is going on. There is a bug preventing you from making a game in D3. You are worried you won’t get the Wings for the Anniversary.

You were told the common reason for that Bug. There ARE other things that can impact a Bnet account that can also cause this bug. Example thread in Bug report of a NON silence related error. Unable to start game due to not being party leader

IF you were silenced, that is not going to be fixed any time soon.

IF you are impacted by the bug for another reason, it will get fixed sooner rather than later.

There is no time limit on when you can get the Wings so don’t panic.

Log in to Diablo III any time after June 29 to unlock your own tendinous Prime Evil Wings and represent the legacy you forged on Arreat Summit. Baal—as we saw in him in Diablo II—did not have wings, but try to imagine what they would’ve looked like if he did, and if you could’ve fastened them to your hero’s shoulders.

1 Like

Because Blizzard has a bug, outstanding since October 2019, that is causing this. That’s why the most likely cause of being unable to start a game is having received a silence penalty.

Occasionally, the game can prevent you from starting a game without you being under a silence. That’s also been known about for months. Usually, that can be resolved by nothing more complicated than switching to another hero on the hero selection screen and back to the one you want to play, or exiting and re-starting the client.

3 Likes