Diablo 2 Resurrected in Review: Will it fix a 20 year old Problem?

What’s up diablo fans! I give a brief take on the direction of the Diablo remaster in this video but want to make the case for a charms-only inventory or stash which i argue doesn’t really affect core in any meaningful way. NOTE: THIS DOES NOT ELIMINATE INVENTORY TETRIS FOR CHARMS IN ANY WAY - EXCESS CHARMS YOU WISH TO KEEP ARE STILL GOING TO BE APART OF THIS.

There is, as I show, already an ‘informal’ work around the inventory tetris we think must be involved when it comes to having a full inventory. Nor do I think the fact that we should continue with inconvenience from 20 years ago for the sake of inconvenience. I also don’t think that the arguments in favour of charms being necessary for ‘viability’ are very strong. You can wear cardboard(I often do) and beat hell mode. Nor does it detract from inventory tetris you usually do - largely without charms. *But excess charms go to this inventory while inactive - allowing you to tetris once again.
Would love to hear from you and what you think!

3 Likes

No!

Good to elite players don’t play tetris with their inventory and stash, we manage it. Managing things requires skill and tough decision making, these are good things, things that contribute to making the game great.

5 Likes

Great we can toss the idea of a shared stash then since we can manage it! Please let Vicarious Visions know.

This is again something i touch on - an ‘argument for the sake of inconvenience’ but wrapped up with some illusion that its skill or knowledge based when that’s just drastically overblown.

And no, none of that is really true. And as as the video demonstrates - the work around exists to ‘managing things requiring skill and tough decision making.’ There can be some good decision-making as to what items to keep but not necessarily to what you pick up.

Your deep seeded desire to dumb down the game is not going to happen. Be thankful your hand is being held with the shared stash.

In the mean time you have about 9 months to learn to play this game without your hacked mods, maybe consider playing the legit version on bnet during that time, because if not you’re going to be left in the dust by all us legits that don’t need QoL changes that hold our hands.

3 Likes

Very funny. I play hardcore ladder legit. Always have. Haven’t DIED since 2005 to the travincal nm bug. Who are you? Are you a known dueler in the community?

This sounds like stuff i’ve seen from self-founders propounding their worth at the start of D3 - somewhat deluded that the fact they had the item dropped was evidence of their skill. Your position seems rather similar. Its pretty clear that you don’t have to really choose between what or when to pick up as i’ve shown - you can save and exit with the item at any time and rejoin. i’m sorry if you aren’t capable of accepting that there exists an informal work around to something you’ve convinced yourself is skill-based but there it is.

I’m nobody special…

If you haven’t noticed: I break inventory tetris here. That’s the point - there are ways around it - so why should charms you want to use be subject to it? Either i’m literally the best person ever at inventory tetris - a ‘mini-game’ you don’t want to see removed because it would ‘dumb down the game’ or i just see it for what it is - not really skillful at all.

As I said, I don’t play inventory tetris, I manage it, and I’ve got it dialed in to perfection. I don’t need the game modified, nor do I want it, I also only need 2 rows in my inventory to pick up flawless gems, runes above Gul, jewels and they odd item for identifying. My goal is always 99 on US West HC Ladder and single player with a barbarian, all without hacks and mods. The majority of things that drop I don’t pick up, so I don’t, like everyone else, need the extra space. If you want the extra space in inventory it comes at a price - less charms. Or use mods like noobs do.

Hey, wanna see me legit solo kill hell Diablo in 1 second in an 8 player game with my hc ww barbarian? Would you like to see me solo clear hell Chaos in an 8 player game with the same character, naked, no charms - just weapon on barb and merc? No hacks, no cheats no mods.

1 Like

And imo that’s the problematic point.
Many people liked the inventory tetris in D2 classic and would like it back in LoD.

Calling going back to town every time you found something good a “skill” and taking this as a reason to prevent a huge QoL improvement to the game is straight out ridiculous.

You aren’t doing the D2 community a favor by driving away potential new long term players, while desperately clinging to a poor game design decision because of a weird sense of elitism.

1 Like

All you’ve said, like all the others pretending to know what their talking about, is that you don’t know what you’re talking about. You all clearly do not play this game at a high level.

The odds of finding more than one thing worth keeping from Chaos in a run is rare, same with Nihl runs and the Throne. You pretending that elite players are running back and forth to town to put things in their stash is over the top ignorance of how the game is played. If you want to carry more garbage while clearing an area, use less charms. It’s that simple. Diminishing mf returns for a character at clvl 90 and up is the real deal, drops are more and more few and far between.

90% of the people who have played this game (millions) never got to clvl 90. It will be the same with D2:R. The long term players are the people who love D2 as it is, they are not the players who hack, mod, bot, and buy their gear with any out of game currency, and they are not the players who will walk away from the game when D4 is released.

Save your bs guilt trip for someone else.

1 Like

This literally is a work around - according to you i may as well be named the god of inventory tetris. If anything then i probably recognize - as i do- that instead of ‘dumbing down this game’ by modifying this i’m instead recognizing that its incredibly simple. You’re not a genius for being able to manage inventory space in this game and its rather pathetic that you take so much pride in something so easy. You acknowledge that finding anything is relatively rare: there aren’t really any forseeable consequences to S/E with the item - I likely picked up the best drop in the run when i did it.

So if i’ve broken item tetris through an unofficial work around what’s the point with continuing it or at least why should it affect charms i always want to use? If blizzard north had thought item tetris was IMPORTANT then why am i able to S/E with an item in the game? should it be removed in the remaster? Getting inventory management as somehow an aspect of real skill is hilarious. Every newb who misses a godly drop learns how to deal with it almost instantly right after. Again this isn’t something to be proud of.

No offense, but you’re probably some self-found newb who got ear’d once and never dueled again. That’s the energy you’ve got. Any elitism you think you have is deeply undeserved most likely and confounding.

Again, I do not recognize, use or accept the phrase “inventory tetris”. And any god like thing you may think you are, is your narcissism, which has nothing to do with my opinions on inventory management.

1 Like

your inability to apprehend sarcasm just adds more to your charm in addition to your 300 iq inventory management elitism you have going.

Inventory tetris is a convenient term used by many people. Its why i use it. I could spell it out each time just to make sure you understand but the nature of language generally anticipates that at people don’t need to be repeatedly reminded.

People who are ignorant to how efficient inventory management currently is in D2 LoD…

The fact you play some kind of tetris with your inventory is hilariously amateurish.

1 Like

I also couldn’t but say since i missed

I actually missed this but can’t help but laugh. I don’t know how to tell you this but your ‘ability’ to do this is based mostly on gear, time, class and luck. Any full geared javazon can practically one shot baal at some point. There is not much more here that you do than just bezerk. No offense but Diablo 2 PVE isn’t exactly something to proud of nor much an accomplishment. Its mostly a spam based game

You are nothing but an pathetic elitist and a bragger, but here we go - I’ll do you the favor:

I have 8 CD Keys for D2 LoD and solo clear CS and Nila with my Light Sorc, while the mercs of my 7 toons take care of Baal waves.

At the end of the run I simply drop the cube with my sorc and grab the items + Baal Drop with one of my toons.
My Sorc is rarely even using her stash.

Triple workaround for shared stash, charm inventory and /players 8 in closed B-Net without the need for mods or hacks :woman_shrugging:

Yeah. Especially those guys who created the mods are so uninvested and uninterested in the game, that they spend thousands of hours on creating this mods.

You are once again proving your own ignorance.

They made the mods because they were hackers who sucked a D2. They need to cheat/hack/mod to pretend they were good.

This is genuinely hilarious. I’m sorry that learning that D2 PVE isn’t hard is news to you and is upsetting. That’s why they tried to make it difficult in Diablo 3 - and made it a true nightmare where you had to get gear from a4 to beat at2 outside of corpse running. Yes, you wasted all that time ‘perfecting’ your characters. Nobody is impressed by your aura stack for the kill. That’s like par for the course for HCPK. Being proud about most PVE accomplishments in Diablo 2 just don’t make sense its like being proud at being good in T-Ball while Major leagues exist. Most of them aren’t hard but just require time.

If you’re as good as you pretend that you are then you have a hc character on bnet or single player that you can use to record a vid of you killing hell Diablo in 10 seconds or less. That’s a 15 second video that can upload in 2-3 minutes. I’ll give you an advantage. I’ma kill him in an 8 player gaming using whirlwind and you can use any character class and it only has to be 1 player in game. I’ll wait.

You’re literally my favourite i have to tell you.