Diablo 2 Remastered HOW IT SHOULD BE

Diablo 2

hiya, first off id just like to say that uhm i think it is really out of bounds that i have to preorder the game to be able
to create a topic and say my views

but anywho

quickly before i dive in im going to say that i am generally not for " changes " but though id mention some thoughts anyways

#1 quality of life changes i think can be good but changing game play not so much, i think its really cool the shard stash thing
this is a big help and quality change that im for… however im a classic player and im to understand this wont be classic and will
be expansion only?

let me explain something ANY quality of life thing that expansion has classic needs to have i think aswell no questions asked
#1 Shared Stash
#2 weapon switch thingy that they have on expansion, there is NO reason why classic shouldnt have that botton for a weapon switch
so that we can also keep our (battle orders gear b/o sticks) on other hand

these are not game changing things these are things that are already in the game that for some reason some players are getting but not others

#3 Ladder Length
Below will be EXAMPLES
Non-Ladder (at the start there would be no non ladder, non ladder would only be created after the first season ended).
as more and more seasons end and more and more players go to non-ladder, you still need to have a non-ladder leaderboard so for example
if i look up hardcore classic non ladder i see the players from ALL the ladders and the chars ( maybe for hardcore only the survivers?)
but for others i think all chars need to be added on classic theirs not many 99’s so… maybe classic would be less space, and expansion would
need more space meaning the current leader board shows top 1000, a non ladder leader board would need to show more as an archive

so i think that these should not all reset at the same time, their should be like 4 ladders going at once or atleaste 2 ladders 1 classic 1 expansion
Classic - reset every 6ish months or so?
Hardcore Classic - resetting every 6months seems ok but, maybe an idea for hardcore is not resetting until a 99 has been reached?
Expansion - 4months? reset?
Hardcore Expansion - same/4months or VERY SHORT Ladders (resetting everytime a 99 gets hit players just constantally racing to 99?)
leaderboards/ladder shows rank name class level exp (maybe they also need to show " time ") (showing how much time a player has spent getting to his level)

so when you make classic and expansion ladders seperate, what your doing is making fresh starts more often, also everyone likes to do certain things
and most people play multiple things, lots of people play classic and expansion and hardcore, so you could be participating in END GAME CLASSIC
while at the same time participating in a FRESH Expansion ladder, while even slowly leveling a hardcore or Quickly leveling a hardcore on expansion

i had a bunch more but i will leave it for now and leave you off with this last thing
#4 Last But Surely Not Leaste… Hacks,
i was watching a video about some duping on d2r or something and someone from blizz commented and basically said its going to be alright no ones duping
on the good blizz server or something like that well… heres the thing, ive been around during dupes and they were pretty rare rarely even happened
on old D2 servers, people still aint duping on the old servers, i dont want dupers but, duping is not the problem, bots are the problem, i think
what lacks in like EVERY GAME these days is the lack of a like " legit leaderboard " or even legit play at all at that… what i think is uhm
pretty simple i think that if you ban once a month that is not good enough, need to do ban waves every week super simple : ) lol ^^ and uhm
when you do this… i know some botters will still sneak through but it will be ALOT LESS, and thennn they are going to be sticking out like a
sore thumb, and can be MANUALLY/SMART/BANNED, the end i think but when u ban them make sure its not just their cdkeys, make sure they need
a new internet service provider when you are threw with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Duping is, and always has been, a bigger issue than bots.

Bots still need to find on average 5171 runes in Zod-capable areas to find a Zod, whereas dupers created thousands and thousands of Zods in a single afternoon. Botting is an issue too, but it’s nonsense to say that duping wasn’t a larger destroyer of the economy in D2V than botters. The only way botting is worse is the leaderboard rush, in which I agree, is terrible.

As someone who plays LoD and Classic, both HC and SC, I don’t think staggering the ladders is a good idea at all. Some seasons I want to play Classic, then switch for the next season and only play Xpac. With staggered ladders, it really becomes a crapshoot where I may have to wait a couple months just to play the ladder I want to at that time, and not enough time to bother sticking with the current ladder as it may end soon.

1 Like

the ladders will be going non stop/continuessly
you would never have to wait months to play the ladder you want

the thing about duping thats not really what im saying what im saying is
duping is like obsolete on d2 serveres there was like 1 public dupe in the last
10 years? and before that their was like 3? 3-4 dupes in the last 20years like
not even? so to me it seems like they are shutting down duping hard so naw i wouldnt
consider duping to be worse then botting, it IS but… they do to good of a job not
letting people dupe, and i just saw one article that was mentioning all this hype about
protection and not being able to dupe and etc cause of new battle.net well… i hope so
because you cant dupe on diablo 2 old servers Now, which is why im more conserned with
this plague botting virus