Diablo 2 is pretty long game

Just fun fact as I almost never realized since i wasnt clearing whole game in many years. Currently I am running Barbarian on single player after long time of being inactive in D2, I am at lvl 59 and I am visiting all locations and killing 100% of all monster. Its actualy suprising that I just finished Act 3 NM and it took me like two weeks of playing several hours per day. I could probably run it little bit faster as i am lazy letting merc do the job but still. And its actualy getting tough now and its just act 3 NM. Hell is not an easy task with selfound character without item farming.

I wonder how many people in D2R will actualy be not able to even just finish Hell difficulty.

Try to imagine going ancient hell Hardcore or face dolls for the first time not knowing what to expect lol :smiley:

Greenhorns/newbies in D2 will be failing horribly, I cant wait to watch the hardcore streams.

7 Likes

it is very long for people who don’t teleport with sorceress, or charge around with paladin.

4 Likes

It’s long for people who play act 3…After a week or so no one will have those waypoints anymore.

2 Likes

Act 3 is honestly small compared to act 5 if you clear everything :slight_smile:

And doing it on hell will be challenge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Act 3 is awful… i remember hours running around in a maze trying to find where to go…

4 Likes

I’ve also re-installed D2 a few weeks ago and I play solo, without any 3rd party program, as a sorceress (level 87 atm).

I’ve been surprised to re-discover that game was quite long and not so easy, even in lower difficulties. It’s something you can forget after years of multi-players mode ^^

You can always have some hard time and dangerous surprises, like bugged mana burn, conviction aura or very fast enemies, sometimes just downside “stairs” !

I like how it scales, a few skill points or items beeing able to upgrade your power and allow to go further.

4 Likes

Just curious, what if i create story topic with my SP character, selfound no switching gear, completing whole game and killing all monsters. I would be doing updates as i will progress m, write about though moments and about what i found. Challenge will be finished with killing Baal hell :slight_smile:

Would anyone be interested in that? Atleast we could have something more entertaining instead of non stop arguing about changes in D2R. Anyone could join me and do the same. I am also doing grail, completation of all runes, sets and uniques so i can create topic about that too actualy tomorrow :slight_smile:

Make a good challenge build and a good narrative.

Or if it’s a real challenge like a Zealing Enchant Sorc, pimp her out but write a good story

Then do it HC ! ^^

Write it as a diary, without many details but main facts, i.e good stuff found, evolution perspectives, difficulties and hot time.

I would probably have a look to it.

Good luck anyway !

1 Like

I thought was would be good for a streamer is let the watchers assign your pts…at least through normal. It would be fun to get creative with a build that others try to screw up for you.

1 Like

That is a great idea for a stream! Would have to be a pretty good player.

Reminds me of “beating grandmasters with stupid stuff” on sc2, where Harstem plays dumb builds that his stream suggests. It’s funny sometimes!

This is why I dont take some people’s suggestions seriously. Its taking you 2 weeks of several hours. I’d say that’s embarrassing at best.

I dunno, he did say killing 100 percent of monsters in all areas… clearing every area does take a lot of time with a new barb…

1 Like

It is a long game for sure :smiley:

I remember in my early days of having to go back and farm once I hit Hell. It was a goalpost in the game, and gave you goals to shoot for.

Or you could join a hammerdin bot game and auto level. I did that too, once I had the gear I wanted.

Or you could run HC instead, and every new character was a full leveling experience start to finish. much of my longevity in HC was in re-leveling characters and twinking builds for survival. My favorite was a hurricane druid with max block. brings back good memories! thanks for the trip back in time, makes me even more excited to get into D2:R now.

2 Likes

no they won’t because they make Blizzard with their stupid “demands” to make the game light and nice casual…just like Diablo 3 is. Wait and see… -.-

So far it doesnt look like that. There are only QoL changes.

well let’s see how long it takes until Blizzard adds some crap after release… e.g. bad things like seasonal changes of skills and runewords (like they suggested in the last survey). THAT ALONE says it all. they are already thinking of making deep interventions and completely messing up the core)…

when i think about it it was really really good that the company didn’t touch the old diablo 2 for such a long time… i don’t like the system in D3 at all… every few weeks changes.
This is annoying.
And that’s exactly what will happen with the remaster (lol -.- Remaster my a**).

2 Likes

Seasonal changes to runewords does sound terrible. I really hope the survey doesn’t push them in that direction.

1 Like

One thing about games is they stagnate. I’ve been gaming since Kings Quest (I’m not about to pull out zorq…but ya I was there) and just about any gamer can tell you a game hold the interest for maybe 6 months to a year and then something shiny and new comes along. There are the exceptions of people who want to play the same game under the same rules that they have been playing for years but these people are the exception not the rule. Here those are the people advocating for 1.09 over the current patch, swearing up and down that 1.10 killed the game.

1.10 brought me back to the game and kept me playing it for much longer than I would have if it stayed in 1.09. This is the same effect that new games look at by changing thing up every ladder/league. In other words I’m very much in favor of the concept of chaning up the balance every once in a while to keep things interesting.

That said, D2 is not a new game as D4 will be. tweaking the runewords/balance is something you do when you have a large active player base and the company is actively supporting the game. I do not see them doing this with D2R, its more something they should do with D4. If they do end up supporting D2R this way it is an acknowledgement that Blizz can’t make new games, that their old catalogue of games is far better than anything they can put out as a new game and D4 has failed as a game. This type of support is for the new releases not the remasters.

2 Likes