D:I Now I'm pissed

This is part of why most battle passes are a bad joke, even if they get rid of the P2W part.
A few companies have managed to make sensible battle passes at least, where each battle pass lasts indefinitely, and you simple choose which one you want to lvl currently.

But this is Blizzard. They picked the most predatory designs they could find.

2 Likes

A battlepass that lasts forever sounds much better. I was hoping there was a bundle that lasted forever and made the game more balanced, that’s what I thought right away when I saw 800% value. I thought to myself 800% droprate as in bumping Torment level, or something. And then some form of power buff/p2w on top of that for the whales. But as it is now the game doesn’t feel right, too much game mechanics rely on the 5 star gems.

This is my first time playing MMO, and with this kind of monetisation. It boggles my mind that Blizzard would do it, they probably just don’t care how they are viewed anymore. It’s sad.

Battle Passes have an expiration date so a new one can be introduced with every new season or whatever is “the season” for other MMOs. That way people can grind it again and again for new rewards and the publishers can resell the premium portion again and again.

1 Like

I see.

I always thought subscription was not for me. It would make me play more to get most value out of it, it’s pushy. I hope this isn’t the future for diablo i any way. It’s no fun, it’s just a pain in the a. And the predatory mentality in the game just bring it to another level.

1 Like

And those who make indefinite season passes also introduce new ones each “season”. Just without expiring the old ones.
Heck it even makes sense for the devs, since it means that someone who starts playing a year later can buy all those past season passes too, instead of only the new one.
Doesn’t make sense for shortsighted companies of course.

2 Likes

i tossed $$ at it and completed in 2 or 3 days maybe less an at 40 its great…collect 180 things an damn near lvl up every time :slight_smile:

We know:

• You can buy 10 levels.
  • You can grind to your cap and after that still get guide-points and quest-points. So wait with those until you reached the cap.

Did OP just start?

You don’t start from 0 with the BP if you purchase it after you’ve played the game.

You get a reminder to buy the BP every 10 BP levels. I got reminded of all the rewards I could have when I hit BP40.

If OP just started, I recommend he asks for refund also. Blizzard really should have posted a warning before purchase with <7d left on season.

I wouldn’t spend anymore money until mid next season. (Add some playtime then decide)

Hopefully, there is new content linked to new BP each new month-season. If not, DI is dead.

Like this, you mean…

I can understand the confusion though. The season lasts for 35 days. So, if you bought this on day 1, you’d get 35 days worth of benefit from it. If you buy it today, you’d get just 5 days benefit. You’re buying a boost that lasts until the end of the current season and not, as you might expect, 35 days worth of boost.

The later in the season you buy this, the less benefit you get for your money. Can you imagine someone paying for this the day before the season ends? Pretty scummy.

You can get full benefit if you buy battlepass later, all the previous rewards will be unlocked because you have advanced the free battlepass. So it depends on how much left you have to grind, and that the caps won’t prevent you from doing it.

I got all the rewards even if I bought the battlepass yesterday, but I had to pay 10 dollars to cover the last 7 levels that wouldn’t be possible to do due to caps.

I think it would be fair to at least remove the battlepass cap for those who payed for it, so there is always a possibility to grind it. In my case, I had to work a lot when the game released, so I couldn’t begin before last week. But now that I have time grind hard for a period, it’s depressing to encounter all the caps that prevent me from doing it. Not everybody have a life where you can grind daily, sometimes I must take my mind completely off gaming to focus on other stuff.

1 Like

Playing 3h/day, I was getting about 1.5 BP levels per day.

It might be a tight squeeze to get to 7 levels in 5d, but possibly with my play style. (I was BP 20 after 1 week)

I’d only pay for “BP levels” as close to the end as possible. If I wasn’t on planning to play every day until end of season, I would buy the 7 levels today. Otherwise, I’d buy whatever I needed with 0 h 15m left.

I’m both excited and concerned with what next season will bring.

I know this doesn’t help right now but for the future should try to do a little research first…especially with mobile games

I think boost is the wrong word for this type of BP.

If you buy the BP late, you’ll instantly get all the loot that you would’ve earned so far if you bought the BP early.

If you’re a lvl1 at BP0, that means no loot.
If you’re P35 at BP43, that means all the bonus loot and then some.

1 Like

I am pretty sure that is the plan. I know cosmetics are linked to BP Seasons, but I don’t know what else. I think they plan to add more zones, events, content, etc as they go.

What they REALLY should do is re-think the whole P2W structure and set a one time price for a decent base level of the game. The core game is actually enjoyable.

7 Likes

if Blizzard had done that in the beginning DI would not have gotten nowhere near as negative a rwaction as it did

3 Likes

The trick is that they made a half decent game that plays better than almost any mobile game to date but then the mobile game stuff kicks in ;/

2 Likes

actully if dont turn in codex every time get some and wait till end of week can turn in however much you got within that week not just the 2400

I suspect this too. 5d to go until WE know.

But, with upwards of 1GB per zone, the zones will need to be temporary or phones could be full in 2 years.

I’d love to see Darkening of Tristram event in DI next year (running at sane time as D3’s).

A harvest horror (Halloween) and winter solstice (krampus) themes would be nice.

It’d also be interesting if they offered a DLC for D2 acts. D3 would be more likely.

But, new story every month-season? Sounds likely a great way to tie in a TV series.

1 Like

Your first mistake was spending money.

I’d probably purchase it, it would have to be a fraction of what diablo 3 is though. It’s essentially diablo 3 lite.

Please uninstall the game. The fact that they let you buy the pass with no possible way of completing it is scummy. But hey, it is possible if you spend even more money!

Uninstall the game and tell everyone else to do the same. Just lie to them that the game has a virus.