DH Set Gears Of Dreadlands

Totally in favour of this approach. Take the momentum out of the 2 piece and make it the driver for the DR in the 4 set. Great suggestion, Volatility.

4 Likes

After fixing all the bugs with the new set. This would be my proposed changes.

Let the momentum stack decay happen after a delay of 5 seconds. That’s for the 2-piece. Addition to the 6 piece bonus: "You gain an additional 10% damage bonus per momentum Stack and your Attackspeed is increased by 30% at full stacks.

Or something along those lines. Could be anything really Resitances, Life per Hit, CD reduction. All the new sets feel a bit like inspired through hots. Maybe some Hots developers are now working on D3.

I was thinking of something like this, make it like the Raekor’s set, only this time you build your bonus damage stacks with strafe, then when you use another spender, it uses up to a maximum number of stacks, with each stack increasing damage by X%. This would also work really well for different situations, because you could use a few different skills to take out different groups of enemies. 1 for Single targets, 1 for PBAoE, another for the ‘room clear’ sort.

But Strafing around, dealing good damage, then stopping occasionally to deal huge damage to specific targets would feel infinitely better than the constant stutter-stepping of the current implementation.

My experience so far.

Necromancer:

• The set is very tanky which is nice but I think the “cheat death” of your Simulacrums saving you is not functioning right. I have died several times with them still alive. Simulacrums need a UI icon to tell if they are alive.
  • Simulacrum AI needs to be tweeked. They sometimes wonder off or just star at the wall. Making them more aggressive would help. Allow them to teleport with you when casting Blood Rush would also be great for grouping them. Or allowing their Bone Spears to pierce walls.
  • The damage is really erratic. Sometimes I hit for 50 billion, others 1.5 trillion. This is without Convention on. It may need to be looked at. If working properly, then it needs to be buffed. If I can maintain the peak damage it may be fine.
  • The set could be changed to add Bone Spirit and other attacks to broaden it’s game play of skills.
  • Generators need to get the damage boost from the set or something. After you get to higher GRs, a generator is mandatory. More so, since the cube slot weapon doubles the cost of Bone Spear. Attacking to regain essence is a nose dive in DPS. Even with Captains Set it runs out fairly quickly at higher GRs even with mass RCR.

Demon Hunter:

• The primary skills are not balanced next to each other at all. Hungering Arrow felt like it was the best overall, imo. Bolas was decent with great AoE and vacuuming/herding and the rest either sucked or didn’t have enough or in some cases, Evasive Fire for example, don’t have any support at all. Some Off-Hands could be made for them.
  • The proc’ed generators your Strife shoots, does it have the used rune on your hotbar? It’s hard to tell but seems not to. They also don’t seem to pierce as often as they should.
  • I think the game having the Whirlwind Set is where the “clunky” replies come from. This set doesn’t flow smoothly through combat like Wrath of Wastes does. Strafe doesn’t do any damage by itself and you have to stop to spam generators to maintain your stacks which makes it feel worse than Wastes. Stacks need to be maintained better/off of strafe’s proc generators, or fall off much, much slower.
  • Ideally, at the risk of it being branded a ranged WW set, which I don’t mind, allow the stacks to be maintained from Strafe. This is functionally a channeling set. Stopping on purpose should not be part of the game play for any channeling set.
  • A buff icon for stacks would be a nice QoL change.
  • The overall damage needs a boost. It’s damage feels even worse than the necro’s new set. Necro needs a damage buff, so this set needs an even bigger one.
  • Consider changing it to “Strafe shoots the primary skills on your hot bar.” This would allow for mixing and matching of multiple primaries. Entangling shot has universal damage boost to support more dps plus another primary to deal damage. Bolas for AoE plus HA for Damage? Entangling Shot plus X,Y, or Z primary? Something of that nature.
3 Likes

Topic: DH Set Gears Of Dreadlands

Hm…

Thanks all for the consolidated feedback in here!

18 Likes

The Bone Spear 2H scythe really needs to turn bone spear into a generator. Curses are next to mandatory for Dayntee’s Binding so we already have a spender. We can then alternate between Bone Spear and curses for FnR to be very playable.

I’d probably be using Aquila in the cube at this point as opposed to the Mage shoulders but it would fix a lot of resource issues.

Nice and hard work!!

My final idea assuming they want Strafe to just be a repositioner is to change the 2 piece set to this:

Gain a Momentum stack when casting Strafe. Each Momentum stack lasts 6 seconds at a maximum duration of 12 seconds. Your Primary skills deal X% more damage per stack of Momentum.

3 Likes

Would be nice if they do this in the next PTR changes. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Seems like they are on it right now, collecting all the ideas. Let’s cross some fingers and toes for that matter hehe

I play UE Grenades almost exclusively. This is the first ptr I’ve played since the GoD set seemed like an alternative to what I’ve been playing, and I thought I’d through in my feedback for what it’s worth.

Imo, right now the set plays almost exactly like a UE primary build except I’m using Strafe to move around rather than Vault. You even built in the Elusive Ring effect into Strafe. I agree with the majority of feedback regarding stack size, stack duration, damage, bugs, etc. Here are my ideas.

1. Balefire Caster - Grenades gains the effect of every rune. Grenades have no love. Give them some love.
  2. 2 piece - Momentum Stacks to 20, 3 seconds per stack. Momentum stacks do not require hitting an enemy.
  3. 3 piece - Add Each Stack of Momentum increases the damage of Strafe by 3000%. Let Strafe be the big hitter instead of a just being a fancy version of Vault, but keep it in line with the wind up toy idea.
  4. 6 piece - 20,000% Primary and Strafe damage plus 3000% Primary damage per stack of Momentum. Each stack of Momentum also gives 2% Armor and All Resistance.

why so much ideas about stop and go builds, it is clunky… for my personal taste i want dreadlands to become something like wrath of wastes set… smiley face… Easy to use, solves lots of toughness issues by using taeguk and channeling mantle, things that normally are used for channeling skills like strafe… want an inovation? what about the set damage be aplied to strafe instead of primary atacks? every single diablo 3 build depends on channeling something to proc the real damage dealer ( tal rasha, wrath of wastes, paterns of justice, sunwukos, wd new set… ) why not not just directly place 30000% damage on strafe and primary atacks and let us spin freely and having fun? why every single build must be something unpleasant and clunky? just look at necromancer it is the ultimate example of clunkyness, except for the LoD builds, all his sets have some kind of clunky mechanics to work ( omgod pestilence… ) where were you all when they released wrath of wastes? i just want my spinning hunter ;-;

6 Likes

But then, why do we need to use DH instead of BB? I think that’s why many people bring their idea with stop and go playstyle, although the style is not so much fun.

simple because the spin to win hunter works with diferent skills, not on bleeding and exploding everything like barb.

if i wanted a stop and go build i could play wizzard talrasha, in fact there are countless stop n go builds…

1 Like

Besides the obviously drastic differences between ranged and melee I presume?

matter not for barb since he can dive inside groups of mobs and survive with a smile in the face, while DH have to keep distance to not be brutally destroyed. I wonder why everytime something with potential to be great and op to Dhunter arrives, ppl try to clunky the gameplay, and for all the other classes it is ok

2 Likes

When I first saw the PTR notes I was wondering where the extra multipliers were… I played the Hyrda set this season and it has 4 supporting multipliers 4X4X4.5X2.5= X170 (SS,tM,DW,ES) and it was still under-powered! Oops, forgot T&T: 170X1.5=255

Blizz should change the set to “any hatred generating skill” instead of “primary skills” then they can buff spines of seething hatred, sword of ill will, kridershot, and augustine’s panacea. and also change depth diggers to “any resource generating skill.” at least give us options if we’re going to have two strafe sets

1 Like

Numbers are low across the board (offensive and defensive) for the set AND for the supporting legendaries HA and Bola things.

Standard set slots making it impossible to mix with the other DH sets (except N6 but another N6M4 build???). It’s simply more fun for me when more than one set is involved (I understand it might be harder to balance but realistically speaking, this game has never been balanced to begin with. So at least make it fun). I’d like to see a quiver, belt, amulet, or bracer.

Conceptually, it is not clear what this set is intended to do. Is it a WW-like DH build where the player is expected to do the dmg during strafe or is it a UE/Shadow-like build where the player is expected to do the dmg casting generators and strafing only to keep the buffs up or reposition?

Right now it fails on both ends. Even if the numbers are buffed to comparable level, this set doesn’t offers anything new to the game. Let’s take a step back, this set doesn’t even offer anything new to the DH class… For all intents and purposes, this is just a remodeling of the N6 set (the transmog looks great though).

Personally, I would love to see a complete overhaul and make this set do something entirely different. I’ve been waiting to play a slow-lightning-ball build for probably 18 seasons(?)(I’m sure there are ways around performance issues if it exist). It was really fun to have lots of lightning balls slowly moving across my screen from all directions. Another play-style that I miss is the Shi Mizu FoK build. Or just do something completely different (Campanion build? Thorn build? Dodge build? Mark of Death build? The list goes on lol…).

If we are stuck with the current build then my suggestion would be to have a build that strafes to kill mobs and stands still to focus down strong enemies.

1. Momentum stack duration increased 8 seconds (±2).
  2. Momentum stacks on-cast instead of on-hit.
  3. Momentum stack duration refreshes on-cast.
  4. Strafe refreshes momentum stacks.
  5. Strafe damage reduction duration increased to 8 seconds
  6. Buff generators instead of primary skills.
  7. Separate ramping damage buff not triggered by strafe.
  8. Incorporate another skill into the set bonus (smoke screen, trap, Mark of Death, Preparation, whatnot).

The goal is to have the DH use strafe to move around and kill mobs (like WW) and use whatever generator to kill elites/Rift Guardians. Of course the numbers need to be buffed accordingly. DH has been absent from ANY meta for way too long (can’t even remember the last time DH was good lol).

On an off note, what’s with this seasonal buff… Honestly I would probably take a pet that picks up DB’s whatever this bs is… This is borderline offensive.

Thank you!