DH Impale gets the shaft

They could use one of the yellow quivers.

That’s what they did with Ursua’s Trodden Effigy when they added it in 2.6.10

They used the level 61 yellow quiver as the model for it

They addressed the RCR but not the discipline. Would be nice if the replaced the STR with discipline. That would make it worth it. But still, to the OP point, they should just replace the One-hander with a dagger. Problem is… there is no generic dagger in the DH arsenal. I have a feeling that is why they did not do it. Although, maybe they could use The Horadric Hamburger.

Edit:
I guess I didn’t notice the discipline. So yeah, they fixed that too.

The new version of the ethereal bow has 40-50% RCR and 9-12 discipline. In my opinion, the extra discipline was not the deal breaker but rather the 50% RCR for the 50% damage reduction with CC3 and a far better generator to spender ratio. The +12 max discipline is about +16% damage, which while good isn’t as note worthy. I would rather they up the 200% archery skill bonus to 400% (+66% damage).

I’m at 1000 paragon.
Dread set DPS at 9.4Mil (with ethereal weapon) while Shadow set DPS at 900k (No ethereal weapon usable).
Means Season 24 no point playing Shadow?

Yep. Why would you? Can’t farm, can’t push. Play GoD till Shadow gets a buff.

I agree. Create some sort of melee Ethereal dagger or sword, preferably with stats that support an Impale build otherwise the Shadow’s set will be left in the dust.

2 Likes

I think I said this before, but they should make a spear and call it a javelin. Unfortunately, zon is the closest to DH.

1 Like

I tried Marauders and Natalya with impale ethereals and the base power of impale is just miserable compared to other skills. Perhaps a boost to the base damage of impale can fix both issues? Give shadow players a reason to play without ethereals, and give peeps a reason to try ethereal impale bows. Right now, impale is great for leveling up to 70, after which you just trash any DH eth that has impale on it.

An Ethereal weapon won’t fix that. Impale was left behind as soon as the GoD set was released and unless they change some multipliers on the set and/or on Karlei’s / Holy Point Shot, it’ll stay that way.

1 Like

Guys just quit it.They won’t do anything about shadow cause they don’t care and (don’t know how to stress this enough ) they don’t want to.
After 1 year them saying " we gonna adress that problem to the devs " doing 0 things for Shadow what else you wait.

1 Like

Cause vaulting forever is pretty fun.
Hahahaha

They buffed Holy Point Shot not too long ago (admittedly not enough) but to say they’ve given up on it isn’t entirely true. It was also the top DH build for a very long time (and even top RGK for a spell). It’ll probably get its revival eventually.

And an Ethereal could totally bring it up to par. They have mondo affix bonuses. Some builds got buffed upwards of 10 GR tiers from the ethereal alone. I would love to see an Ethereal dagger this season. The problem is that Ethereals are temporary and a lot of the boosts they give to underpowered builds need to be permanent.

Any LoD based impale build is still available with Ethereals. You won’t have permanent Shadow Power, you won’t have a 101x damage burst but you’ll still have perm-Vengeance, Ethereal Buriza’s guaranteed freezing crits with Rimeheart (guaranteed crit on frozen targets pretty much does it) or Karlei’s powers and obliged to pick Perfectionist with Boar.
To note; LoD will also require some extra damage proc legendary to increase damage output, which I can’t be bothered to figure out; in this case it will be an item slot (3 possible offense slots taken; Eth Buriz and HP quiver, Dawn cubed). Shame there’s not a single melee ethereal option for DHs though.

And here is a person’s feedback on saying Shadow is still good and that doesn’t even know that u have to have a MELEE WEAPON EQUIPPED to get the 6000% set bonus…

I didn’t say Shadow didn’t get the short stick, I just stated LoD is a viable alternative if you seek to play an Impale build. No need to cry about spilled milk. LoD/LoN highest damage bonus is 9750% with all ancient gear and Buriza offers guaranteed crits against frozen targets which is not hard to achieve. Please re-read what you stated or just check the official game guide about available gems.
If you care to read the last line I said it’s a shame there’s not a single melee ethereal weapon for Demon Hunters, yet I spared time to create a semi-viable impale build at the rest of the post.

By viable alternative u mean Cant clear a GR 90 in <5 minutes but a 6 piece god with only 9Th Cirry satchet clearing a GR 90 EASY …
Sure

That’s just ridiculous. Shadow set can clear 90 sub 5 min easy. Shadow was the speed/push gr farm build for a long time before GoD came along. It’s weaker by comparison, but it’s not completely worthless. It could totally use an eth dagger this season, but it’s probably not likely and not every build for every class gets an eth weapon. Seems DH is no exception, I guess. I think it’s cool that naksiloth was able to get around it with a LoD build, though. Even if it is sub par, I can appreciate the creativeness.

Let me clear things up. The guy that blows smoke a lot is saying using LoD is a “good” alternative to the shadow set. By good he means you do with Grievous Wounds criticals:

LoD = 317,663%
Shadows = 147,740,475%

This dude knows his stuff that’s for sure… This is just using the bonuses from the shadow set and LoD respectively.

1 Like

Ok im convinced.
You all love shadow the way it is.
So i Expect the next season NOONE touches GoD and focuses on Shadow leaderboards i guess…
Let me see…

I’ve got lots of DHs and not one of them has ever had a GoD setup.
The highest I’ve ever pushed on a DH was with Impale.
I’d love to play it again, but it’s woefully ineffective.