DH Crucible Powers review post update

Vengeance Power

Still worthless. Less clunky now, but it just doesn’t hit hard enough. Will be taken only in builds that can’t use the other abilities. Will make players sad. Needs to do a lot more damage. Needs to be more visual.

Cluster Arrow Power

Definitely looks much better. Fixing the F/R, Thrill of the Hunt bug is nice. It’s unclear to me if it hits any harder or if it just hits different. But really, wow, it looks amazing.

Strafe Power

Feels much smoother. Feels amazing with Shadow set. I still need to try out more obscure builds, but I think this is in a really good place.

1 Like

Indeed. I still feel the CA power is a bit clunky, it stutters a bit in the animation making it feel not as smooth as it could be.

The Vengeance power will only be useful for high level GR push as it stands. The change to make it stack rather than 60 sec CD is a nice step… However if you have any decent amount of CDR you can’t get more than 18-20 stacks before it goes off on some rando targets that you don’t even care about.

Strafe on Shadow set does feel nice but is also a massive resource hog, requiring taking a generator which the base build never needed.

1 Like

The Cluster arrow AC powers should be for both multishot and cluster. they were in perfect balance last season and should have just buffed both. I dont like the sound or animation on the cluster before and dont like it now. SO if you like multi shot you can skip this season i guess. I have not tried the VP, but the strafe is great and super fun for lower GRS and normal players. It, the strafe build, still needs about 5 tiers for power boost to be amazing, so it needs a 100 percent damage boost or more so people can run an avarice band instead of the CoE.

Have you tried using Crimson set with Topaz in helm for the Strafe Impale build? Rolling 1 or 2 RCR traits on items also helps a lot, since that’s extra damage reduction and you only need about 38% CDR to have perma-Vengeance. With this kind of a setup, you’re only taking generator to proc Wraps of Clarity and Focus & Restraint.

On the other hand, if you don’t take those setups, you run out of Discipline even if you use generators to keep up Hatred, so those builds sort of just don’t work, period. So, either way, you aren’t taking a generator for resources lol.

Yes i was top 5 DH using sentry multi shot last season until i hit about paragon 2k and then swapped to wizard to go higher for my 150 solo. Multishot stopped being fun about 120 because everything one shots you above this point. I did a 136 a few days ago after 3 months off. I do like the topaz in the helm idea if you run out of hatred, thanks for the idea. THe DH as a whole needs better damage reduction in gear or lots higher damage so you can run things like the ring with 60 percent damage reduction.

Topaz in helm is mostly for Discipline costs lol. Again, you shouldn’t run out of Hatred in push content, and if you take Smoke Screen, you get a way to avoid damage and proc Tactical Advantage at the same time. Imo, Impale Strafe is pretty balanced as is, but I wholeheartedly agree that comparative to other builds, UE is unplayable for pretty much anything beyond speedfarming T16.

My shadow is good to 110 gr and then falls off for speedy kinda 3 to 5 minutes stuff. This is all my testing at 800 paragon and good ancient gear lvl 70 gems and 100 augments. so It feels like i needs about 100 to 500 percent more damage somewhere to compete with other builds like the WoL monk doing 130s in 2 minutes. wtf

I mean I have similar results at 1k gons, but that’s sorta normal bcuz having 1k or less paragon is basically the same as having no paragon at all. WoL monk is an abnormality and also a much harder build to gear for. We shouldn’t really compare with it lol. Besides, speeding 110 at this kind of level is pretty much on par with live server Water Ally Inna, so it’s not bad by any means, especially as an easy-to-pilot XP farm build.

30% Range Damage reduction innate makes sense for a class that specializes in … ranged… combat with all of those bows.

Honestly, why did they even choose an Cluster Arrow and Wave of Light? We’ve been playing these for a year now, and ironically they remain the strongest effects within their respective class.

I would have liked to have seen something Chakram/EA related for DH that makes those skills match the power of Cluster Arrow.

Crusader’s Angels encompasses all sets… pick how you want to reduce the cooldown of Falling Sword.

The damage of these types of abilities are too disconnected from the actual class skills/sets.

1 Like