Dexterity on Vyr Arcon?

I saw a Vyr Todo build that had Green Gems in the slots for armor. So what does Dexterity do for a wizard? I see almost nobody do that.

1 DEX = 1 Armour
1 STR = 1 Armour
10 INT = 1 All Resist

So, INT-based heroes naturally have high all resist because their main stat gives them it, but are low on armour. By using Rubies or Emeralds in their chest / leg slots, they increase their armour, because that’s the mitigation stat they’re usually lowest on.

3 Likes

Note that I wouldn’t really start recommending this until you are in the 3000-4000+ paragon range.

Slotting 5x Flawless Royal Rubies/Emeralds will typically give you about 13-15% toughness (relative to not having any gems socketed at all), depending on how much armor you have rolled on gear.

At different levels of mainstat, slotting 5x Flawless Royal Topazes will give you (relative to not having any gems socketed):

Int Damage Toughness
10k 13.9% 6.7%
20k 7.0% 4.5%
30k 4.7% 3.4%
40k 3.5% 2.7%
50k 2.8% 2.3%

You can see at 10k mainstat, you’d be trading ~14% damage and ~7% toughness with topazes for 13-15% toughness with rubies/emeralds. That’s a bad trade.

Even at 20k mainstat, you’re trading 7% damage and 4.5% toughness with topazes for 13-15% toughness. That’s still a sizable damage loss, and I’m not sure it’s a good trade.

It starts to make way more sense at 30k+ mainstat. Trading 4% damage and 3% toughness for 13-15% toughness is a much better tradeoff.

2 Likes

Interesting chart, Hmm. I was expecting the Green Gems to do something different than the Red Gems. If they both give the same armor… I thought it would give lower stats with a combination of both to be in the middle.
Thanks