Developer Request for solo exp buff

I think a pure, individual solo buff would be really nice for those of us that refuse to play in a group because people are selfish inconsiderate pr*cks.

They should have removed the multiplayer bonus long ago, the benefit of being more people is bonus enough in itself…

1 Like

D3 by design rewards multiplayer, that is the whole point of the game…you play solo…you group up and get more rewards.

I think in D4 they may address this but not for D3…D3 will always offer an incentive for grouping up.

3 Likes

I agree with the OP. Solo should get an experience buff. Even without the multiplayer exp buff, MP has benefits that make it easier for players. Solo should get an exp buff precisely because it is more challenging, in terms of leveling up speed and in terms of reaching the highest GR levels.

The fact that there are bots shouldn’t matter. Fairness should matter.

4 Likes

LoL, Harmful, like smoking, or drinking and driving Harmful?

The SSF league which is pure solo has people over 2k and 3k paragon S17.

Please show us your actual facts for all the people leaving the great game of D3 and instead heading to the hospital for all the ‘Harm’ their solo play did.

The group buff has always been there.
It was there in Diablo II and became a fact with first launch of Diablo III.

This idea goes with the Government pay my way through life and when I’m 25 I get paid a million dollars 'cause I deserve it.

2 Likes

I think the easiest way to improve solo Play is higher paragon Level. Make a legendary item, which a follower must use, with improved experience for the player, the cap is p2500. Players above p2500 have no use.
p1200 Player gets 2500/1200= 2,083 increased xp.
p1201 Player gets 2500/1201= 2,081 increased xp.
p2000 Player gets 2500/2000= 1,25 increased xp.
p2500 Player gets 2500/2500= 1,00 increased xp <- no use anymore.

The difference between p1200 and 2500 is 5* (2500-1200)=6500 Mainstat. As much as all 13 items have lvl100 augments.

3 Likes

This would be an interesting fix. Make it baked into the follower token or just an inherit follower ability. I like it.

1 Like

D3 is all about buffs and inducements to get the players to do it ‘The Blizzard Way’; it used to be weapons and items that weren’t available to the non-seasonal players until the season was over, it has evolved into gimmicky tweaks and additional stash.

With Greater Rifts its the extreme, unearned experience boost.

Its all another form of power creep.

A long time ago it was actually better to solo than group up. Trouble was people stopped grouping up. So they boosted group play again.

I doubt they will go down that route again.

Actually not bad to solo with certain classes like wiz that can get to high GR play easily. Just use tricks to get exp pools easily. You can find many ways on YouTube.

Harmful, as in harmful to the games concurrent players. Harmful to the players enjoyment of playing the game.

I said “more people” not all the people.

How did you get that from literally anything I said? The idea of trying to balance solo vs group play lead you to idea?
If anything I could see if you tried to make some communism joke because I was talking about putting all the people on equal ground. Idk how you got to what you said though…