Demon Hunter season 18

hi,
I’m a new Demon Hunter. Just reached GR 57 and have Yang ( non-ancient) which I’m enjoying very much to clear almost every thing on the screen. GR progression has been too easy till now. One thing I’ve noticed is that I die very quickly. To prevent, I’ve done these

1. place sentry (Polar Station) in front and multishot anything that’s possibly there.
  2. Dark heart rune of Vengence and almost always keep up Vengence.
  3. Zoe’s secret Belt

Still at least once or twice I die in a GR, mostly due to projectiles fired from far. Not sure how to counter that as sometimes screen is full of my arrows, companions and monsters that I miss the random projectiles.
Thinking of using "Awareness " Passive as I do not die frequently, but that would mean one less sentry by replacing “Custom Engineering”.

I also have enough Natalya’s gear to go N6-M4 build, but really enjoying Marauder so do not want to change :slight_smile:

I do not have on PC, so have to post in Console discussion instead of demon hunter specific forum.
Any advise will be highly appreciated.

in terms of pure M6 build there are 2 options Custer Bombs CB build & MS I think both can be on par with each other but CB is really hard to play & much more require technical so I still with MS M6

if you lack toughness
1)cube the cloak that gives 3 wolfs, wear Zoey belt, Wraps of Clarity, you should always be on Seethe if you are cubing Dawn if you cube DML or Bombardier’s Rucksack than vengeance choice is entirely up to you.

I love FnR rings overall smooth for gameplay but if you are new to Dh I strongly advise Compass ring,Zodiac, CoE instead so you have a feel of what it is like way better in hated management & better toughness than you decide if you want to switch to FnR.

Passive Custom Engineering IS A MUST, you have to adapt to sentry cold so you can drop one more useful passive to suit you.

I love Physical MS because I can crowd enemies & I love to position to time my coe & sentry so my passive is awareness(I play HC) Custom Engineering, cull of the weak, single out, steady aim.

if you play fire MS you have to include Ballistics is a must

I have not played the recent patch but I would look carefully at crimson set if I will you if you hate COE timing than I might switch it for RORG

have fun in current season :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat…decided to go with the DH this time around but I have yet land the Zoey’s belt and Yang Bow…I’ve ran and spent and reforged till I’m blue in the face…I think I have every bow out there…

So I’m running with what I have; Manticore Crossbow and Bombardier with the Marauder Set so I’m going with Cluster Arrow/Loaded for Bear…I can throw three Polar Sentry’s out…I cubed The Cloak, and Dawn along with Royal Ring…I’ve got Preparation, Vengeance and Vault. I have Bane of Stricken, Bane of Powerful and Zei’s Stone.

but I have the same issue…being one-shot from a distance…sometimes I cannot even tell where or what it is that got me or where it came from. My Life is around 18-19 million and average Resistance is 1150 except for Fire which is lower. Sitting at 500 Paragon. I have to use the Templar because he’s the only one that cannot die…I can’t buy a Legendary upgrade for Sorceress or Scoundrel.

Passives…Steady Aim, Cull of the Weak, Thrill of the Hunt and Numbing Traps for the 25% reduced Damage for 5 secs.

I’m sitting at GR69 and cannot break it no matter what I do…

Well update…and a Big One…

I was missing Zoey’s Belt but finally landed it…and it’s amazing what a difference…I mean HUGE Difference…

I’m using the full set (5pc w/Royal Ring) of the Marauder. I cubed The Cloak of Garwulf which gives me Three Wolves. The Zoey’s Belt gives me 8.8% less damage per companion…so I have a total of Nine Companions…

Prior to the Zoey’s Belt, my Shield/Armor was around 21M…I put that belt on and it ballooned to a insane 96M. My early attempts at GR70 were disastrous….I was lucky to finish one in 18+ minutes. I finished it around 9 minutes. Yea…way below the HC players times but I’m happy to just do finally in Seasonal.

…and as a bonus got my first Primal…Hellcat Belt…

if you want to play PURE M6 the highest build IMO is Cluster bomb (it is 5-10 GR apart sadly from ALL other M6 build) why the big diff, if you learn positioning & crowd control mobs you yourself will see the big diff from other M6 builds. playstyle only if you learn those I mention above is fun if not …

Next is cluster arrows fire/physical/cold now this is a little more fun or interesting for sure again way before seasons hit consoles this was our strongest DH build sadly … again depending yr playstyle but the highest DPS is for sure physical

Now I did not mention MS M6 because IMO either you guys switch to UE6 which is clearly smoother but hey you never know.

Next if you like sentries playing style I say N6M4 is clearly the better choice but it is not pure M6 & you need to spam ROV.

In terms of M6 where those days there are no LB I love Cluster arrow Physical if I want to break to 60-80 (cannot remember seriously) but I spent a lot & I really mean a lot of time learning positioning playing as cold. Cold Vs physical is only 1-2 GR apart btw. but if you cannot adapt physical, it is easily 5 GR lower than cold :slight_smile:

Have fun in S19 :slight_smile:

Sorry but the cluster arrow build won’t getyou very high in ranks imho,
I use the ue build with cpt. Crismion pants and waist.
Rog in the cube,
I have so far cleared a 99 gr, nothing is augmented, i do have some ancients,
On xbox one under ewt1163,

Hi

Why don’t you use a Bane of the Trapped in your gear? With Bane of the Stricken and Zei’s Stone of Vengeance

Also i could recommend the following changes:

1. Replace Manticore with Yang’s Recurve in your arms because of Yang affix.

2. Use Endless Walk The Traveler’s Pledge + The Compass Rose and Convention of Elements

3. In Cube:

• Manticore
  • Hellcat Waistguard to have a chance to bounce 5 times
  • Elusive Ring if you have real good CE ring (or reverse them)

As for the skills\runes and passives:

Passives:
*Custom Engineering
*Cull the Weak
*Grenadier
*Numbing Traps

Skills:

• Evasive Fire with Hardened
  • Companion with Wolf Companion
  • Sentry with Polar Station
  • Cluster Arrow with Cluster Bombs
  • Vengeance with Dark Heart
  • Vault with Tumble

Of couse you will need 5 CDR

I dun get it seriously Yangs & Manticore NEVER & I mean Never mix well together.

Equip Manticore or cube dawn seriously you are a custer bomb build CB so why Yang seriously even with yang Perfect 50% RCR you can never keep up with hated you ALWAYS need Dawn’s vengeance seethe skill to keep up. 100% vengeance means extra DMG & hated upkeep. So dawn is always cube.

being CB the BEST IMO is F&R rings seriously but that is ONLY if you can keep up or position yourself. Elusive is not needed cube COE. DR is only from Zoey belt & wraps & Numbling traps might not be needed seriously if you are playing HC you have to take awareness but even SC awareness is still better, if you keep dying it means you are not getting good position. In any way playing as a good CB is never easy. learning CC is like 3-5 GR levels apart no kidding

Btw you are M6 CB so whatever companion is the same just remember to adjust your Paragon moving Speed to 15% instead of the usual 25% Cap

One more thing this Is only you as a player to decide. 3 bounces only if you understand CC & love to nuke when COE timing alines. 5 Bounces only when you gather lots of minions together, like all in one position. So 3 or 5 bounces is really depend on the player. When I start to learn to play CB 5 bounces offer the most help for me. Than I switch to 3 bounces in any way just a 1 GR clear at most.

btw stricken is ONLY needed if you are stuck with RG for more than 2mins be it with NG or not. BOTP will serve you well think about it that last 3mins of RG you are trading for everything in your progression to that.

So even estoric, Glizzard BOTP or even the 15% IAS & CDR Lgem(I forgot the name) is better if you are NOT facing a 2min+ RG overtime

I will try to describe the benefits of my recommended build. Sorry for my English - it’s not my native language!
With testing this particular build GR120 was closed (some players even closed GR125).
Of course I know about the standard Marauder build M6 and about mixed Natalya Marauder Sentry Build (we call it Shmara :wink:). Classic M6 had real big problem with:

• Toughness and Damage. It loses in damage compared to NM build.
  • Cluster Arrow is an expensive and will cost you 40 hatred per shot. It should be assisted by regular Evasive Fire shots and constant activation of Companion. You will need real Straight arms to fit this play style and to close High GR.

There are several advantages of proposed build:

1. Within Yang’s Recurve you will solve the problem with hatred because of RCR in bow stats (you couldn’t cube it). It will give us an almost endless Vault and we will get bigger mobility. Also on heal high paragon (2500+ wen you have more than 24000-25000 dexterity) you can increase Damage by reroll Dexterity (minus -5%) on bow into AD (plus 10%).
  2. With Elusive Ring you will increas your Toughness
  3. Of course it’s important that you need 5 bounce because the build technique is focused on a large mob. But using this you will increas Damage about +40% compairing to 3 bounce.
  4. I know than without Dawn in Cube we will have no full CDR of Dark Heart. But with 5 CDR in our items we will get 48 sec cool down. As for the technique: the Vengeance is required to pressed right before first fire elemetn on the CE ring. Than you will get Vengeance of 1st and 2d fire and will skip 3d one. The same for Companion (but you will have real quick cooldown)

I think we mistaken each other or I am mistaken…

please understand this what are we comparing???

1. PURE M6 (which is what the tread is about since he did mention he played N6M4 but prefer to remain as PURE M6)

2. N6M4 build again if we are speaking this here it can go MS Cluster Arrow CA or CB but it is known as CA fire is the best among all N6M4

3. Pure M6 build either CB or MS either way it can clear higher than CA due to not enough buff given to CA.

You are using Yang only for 50% RCR in exchange for dawn since you are CB build

1. without dawn you can NEVER keep up with vengeance with is 40% dmg buff 100%,

2. Vengeance seethe is prefer not dark heart because you have wraps & Zoey, the only way I can understand this is we are playing as starters so maybe compass ring set than equip Elusive or FNR but cube Elusive. But if you use FNR, COE that is always 1-2 GR higher in any way you look at it.

3. again as mention 3 or 5 bounce is always on that player, no way any player will tell you 3 is better or 5 is better. reason the final bounce is 800% (yes it will miss & stuff) but as I mention I never fire CB when need I spend time gather mops, running around in circles with elites, mops gather them in circles, place/position sentries than fire away before 1 cycle of my COE timing. Now because the mops is large obviously the final bounce 800% will hit something. I prefer 3 bounces instead because 5bounces might miss or take too long. Again because this is the way I play.

We cannot judge stuffs by slapping paragons. I always test stuffs at P800 cap 0 augments, Lgems 100 this is fair because any1 can get to this level & prove flaws in my build. Again not of any importance

btw your extra 2 bounce is 100% more DMG FYI it is addictive dmg as mention I never say 3 or 5 bounce which is better or worse

btw DH DEX wall is in between 15K-18K (I forgot about it) so anything after that is diminish return.

you want the perfect Mandicore is 10%DMG 24%AD 10%Elite or 30K life hit.

ONLY IMO I would take off elusive ring for zodiac, switch ALL my CDR to RCR. It a old school build but back in those days FNR COE vs Compass set I can clear higher than any1 period if I can survive even higher GR I dun see why with compass set N dark heart you still need elusive when I can barely survive with FNR. Btw I play HC

to be fair we compare with P800Cap 0 augment (dun think Lgems can go 100 at that time) so maybe 80 or 90

btw just keep trying to push & switch in between you never know what works at times :slight_smile:

we are not like other builds asking 5 CDR on gear is big for DH. just a mere 2 CDR on our gear is 100% Vengence (if you choose to have 1 on weapon if not vengeance is just 1sec on 100%) that means other 3 items I can exchange for RCR, AD or whatever.

Next 5 CDR on Dh N we can barely keep up & still short on vengeance in any way I dun see it as a good trade off.

Weapon
quiver
arm
shoulders
2x ring
ammy (seriously I would never consider this ever)

out of this TOTAL 7 items in which you can only get CDR from you are going for 5 as you can see for yrself. We are not arkans Crusader we are DH even arkans want 100% AC because of the 40% buff. that is a lot of AD you are missing mate you are trading each 8% CDR for 20%AD especially on yr 2x rings unless you want to trade CHD or CHC which is a NO NO for me

again you clear GR120 I dun think I even clear GR100 so I am in no position to advise you but just saying

For better understanding :wink:

https://www.d3planner.com/232636327 - my proposal

• Damage 2,6M
  • Toughness 144M

https://www.d3planner.com/965016268 - pure M6

• Damage 2,3M
  • Toughness 70M

just to compare the numbers

no offense mate whatever the numbers say it really does not matter.

I dun want to be rude but veterans wudijo can play CB build with FNR build again if any1 follow his build honestly you might not survive or even play 80% as good as him given months of playing CB. P1000 at most he clear rank1 with GR100 at that time S6 was not even born yet :stuck_out_tongue: DH can barely clear Gr100 unless you are shimizu in season.

You can look at his old videos he did mention a good FnR can clear as high compare to compass set. But strongly advise if newbie should go for compass set first & take elusive or unity than later transit to FnR you lose BIG on toughness but if you only if you can manage CC when you are ready.

that season every1 is around mid 90+ than later he stop pushing at… obviously players get 3K 2K P & crazy augments & Lgems they will take over him but at most he is P1.2K not even all augments.

Sheet is one thing playing it is another thing mate… trust me on this

be open minded & adept to new ideas. I do when I am playing D3 if I have the items why not just test it yourself. Yourself is the best answer btw wudijo is one the best veterans understanding DH M6 builds seriously even myself I pick up some tips on CC & positioning when I watch his video

although I cannot agreed everything he says but just take whatever is helpful or needed