Demon Hunter Bugs

Many years ago I came across this hatred bug where the hatred runs out and is not returned as it should. I also had a 2 year hiatus from the game due to personal reasons. I am now back in the game and I see the bug still exists.

1. HATRED NOT BEING RETURNED ON CERTAIN ENEMIES

Using the Shadow Impale build which can be viewed on my profile. I have mostly primals and infact I am only missing 3 primals for the whole set. My damage is about 4,2 Million and my paragon is 2641.

I have found that on certain elites and Guardians, that hatred actually runs out when attacking them. I have paid close attention to where it happens and yesterday, while in a group with friends, we played about 25 GRs and twice the boss was the Man Carver… in both instances, while attacking with my dagger, my hatred quickly got depleted. Now, my build is such that there is actually no way i should or can run out of hatred. It hardly ever happens - only when fighting certain elites and this particular RG.

If i am attacking a single target (Man Carver) and impale him once, he is “already impaled” so when i attack him a 2nd and 3rd time etc etc, he is “already impaled” and therefore I should get 15 hatred returned to me. BUT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!

2. VAULT - DOUBLE VAULTING

Very often, I need to vault to either move around faster or get out of the way of trouble, for example, and explosion when an elite is killed. I use the number “2” on my keyboard to vault and the mouse arrow to show the direction to vault towards. However, what is happening (very often) is that my character will vault forwards and then immediately back to the starting point of the first vault. This is highly risky coz i could have beenb vaulting to get away from danger and the return vault puts me right back in danger. Furthermore, if I am vaulting to move from one area or pack to another pack or area, it wastes a lot of time. I then fall back in the group and end up doing less work while the rest do more work. This isnt fair. Not to mention the waste of DISCIPLINE (in builds that cost discipline). In this build I am using the “chain of shadows” which means the vault is free for 2 seconds after using impale. But this doesnt mean it should be ignored. There are times when I have to vault and i havent used impale, which means it will cost valuable discipline.

These 2 bugs need to be addressed. I have no doubt they are bugs because i have been playing DH for years and I know how this is supposed to work. Hatred should be returned when I am impaling a boss already impaled… and I should only be vaulting once forwards (not backwards) because I only pushed the key to vault ONCE.

Anyone got any insight to provide on these issues?

Thanks

Unless, of course, you’re throwing your knives into the walls that Man Carver throws up, rather than into the boss, causing the casts to cost Hatred without regenerating it via Karlei’s Point. Same deal if you find blue or yellow waller packs.

Okay, let’s assume your DH is in the bottom left of screen, and you position your mouse pointer above and to the right of your hero. You then press Vault. Your DH now goes above and to the right of your mouse pointer, i.e. your mouse pointer is below and to the left of your hero now. The second Vault cast therefore moves your DH left and down, i.e. back the way you just came.

Solution to this is to move your mouse pointer much further away from your DH before vaulting so that where your DH ends up after the Vault is still below and left of your mouse pointer.

1 Like

I am only vaulting once when this happens… I typically vault… walk… vault… I also use this tactic when fighting a huge mob to “activate” my elusive ring bonus…I attack for a few seconds… then i vault through the group to the other side, then attack for a few seconds again… wash, rinse, repeat. I do this for the damage reduction offered by the ring.

This is NOT a case of me vaulting twice. When this happens it is happening when i vault only once.

And no, I am definitely not throwing my dagger into his walls. I specifically remember last night standing right next to him throwing my daggers… This is definitely an issue with the Man Carver boss and the impale not registering and therefore not giving me hatred back. I have seen it twice in one evening and I have no doubt i will be seeing it again when i do some GRs with my friends today.

Don’t know about Man Carver and Impale, as my experience with Impale is not enough I would say, but,

you sure about this? Cause I’ve experienced what you experienced also, and it only happens to me when I’m on my edge, spamming the button, because you know, spell que-ing and all that. You don’t Vault immediately because you were in the middle of casting attack skill, so you press Vault again in desperation, but as the first click was que-ed, you end up casting Vault twice.

If that is not your case, I’d say it is still problem of pressing the button too long. Instead of tapping the button, you holding on to the key more than you need. There is a Windows function that can adjust that, no? Why don’t you adjust it.

Walling is literally the only ability he has that will prevent your daggers hitting him. I have never run out of Hatred on this boss, unless I throw daggers into the walls.

As for Vault, is your 2 key sticky?

1 Like

This happens to me occasionally. It’s kind of like rubber-banding. It usually happens to me during Greater Rifts and I’m spam-Vaulting through the Maps. I’ll Vault 3 or 4 times correctly and then the next 2 or 3 times I Vault forward and get zapped back to my starting point again. It is very frustrating. At first I thought something was worn out or sticking with my keyboard. But, after 3 different keyboards I abandoned that idea.

Eventually, it seemed to clear up. But, sometimes it will come back.

It may also depend on which server I play on. The Americas Region gives me the least problems. The Europe Region gives me some issues. And the Asia Region is where I experience it most often.

I am not double tapping the key… and no, my #2 isnt sticky. I have been having this problem for years before i had a hiatus from the game, and now since i picked it up again. I am also not smahsing the key in desperation. I have considered all possibilities of why this is happening and i have even tested it in a “safe area” where there is no stress or emergency, and it happens still…

Problem 1 is not a bug. It is the walls he is bringing up. I’ve noticed this “problem” too and the solution is to reposition yourself to avoid the wall. Record and post a video of this bug in YouTube if you don’t believe us.

Problem 2 sounds like latency. A moment of lag can cause this issue, which is not the game’s fault.

1 Like

I just ran a few GRs now with a group and ran out of hatred attacking a Disentombed Hulk - who has no walls. Problem 1 is a bug. We just finished off the leader of the pack and he had a little health left… I attacked him a few extra times to finish him off only to watch my Hatred divebomb… I dont have such a powerful computer to record an entire game session but i will see what i can do to prove my point.

You can use OBS and set up a hot key to start and stop recording, so it only activates for the part you want to record.

OBS? Where do i download it? I havent heard of it…

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=OBS&iie=1

OBS (Open Broadcaster Software): https://obsproject.com/

It’s free and it is better for today’s computers than FRAPS was for the Vista and Win7 days.

Has a little bit of a learning curve. (Search YouTube for OBS help videos if you need to).

No need for 3rd party software if you run Win10. I use the built-in game recorder and it works fine.

Update for everyone. I tested it a few times and paid closer attention when facing the MAN CARVER and it is indeed the walls he is bringing up. I stand corrected!

Perhaps you should edit your opening post and remove that “bug” from it.

Well, it should probably stay because it creates the story of me thinking it was a bug, when it wasnt - so it creates a “history” - at least now I learned something by looking closer :crazy_face: