Death's Breath drop failures

Way too often Death’s Breath failure to drop or lengthy delay is encountered. This is most annoying and needs to be addressed.

6 Likes

What difficulty level are you playing?

They are not a guaranteed drop at lower levels.

I think he may be referring to sages set bonus lagging with it’s effect.

1 Like

Right or how some monsters like the grotesques, horrors, harvesters, abominations, and possessed don’t drop the death breaths until after the explosion.

Use the Sage set and you get double DB’s.

This occurs with or without the Sage set. Sometimes if I move forward for a few kills and return the DB’s are there, other times not.

I have the same problem when I play in my Mac. Speed T16 and sometime I have to walk back to catch the delayed dbs or they just don’t drop at all.

Yes, It’s nothing wrong with the DB per say, what is wrong is the DELAY. I literally must wait for the DB to drop so I can pick 'em up. This has never happen before! I know I am NOT alone.

I had the same problem with DB drops. Then I switched from 32-bit to 64-bit setting and the drops are showing up right away. I also disable anti-virus scanning on /Diablo 3 folder.

The delay happens for me now and again. Mostly in busy maps. Not enough to make any sort of difference.

Sages Set works the same as Broken Crown, in that you need to be on the same screen as the kill to get the extra drops.

You will get the drops if you are near the kill. It is not a delay issue, it is a proximity issue. It was designed this way to reduce lag.

Stay near the kills, and you will get the drops.

For me, it happens on 32 bit version of game, older PC at work, win 7. At home, win 10, 64bit version, ssd, 100Mbit internet, gaming PC, everything runs smoothly like smoothie. Strange thing is, that it’s not lag. Monsters and toon behave normally, other items drops, but DB and sometimes even legendary items “beams” appear with delay or never at all

1 Like

Standing and waiting in close proximity to the kill makes little difference. Discovered by accident that by hitting ESC the Exit Game I can see and hear the drop within in 2-3 seconds. That is a hindrance to any kind of smooth game play.