Death Recap Summary "What type of damage killed me?"

Look in d3 screen shots I know ever death hc is recorded.

Oh they have something like this for HC deaths? Didnt know that. never really played HC. Would be nice if we have something like this for SC.

Basically WOW has a chat log of everything in combat. Diablo 3 does not. This is why a death log exists in wow but not Diablo 3.

That’s also why we have account rollbacks instead of item restoration. There is no log of what we looted or salvaged and when, except for I guess the clan chat when you ID items, but that’s sorta different.

There is a chat entry which mob actually killed you.

2 Likes

Yeah im aware of that. Would like to see the actual total amount of damage, not just from the final blow, whether its elemental or physical attack. Something can lower my health to 10% and another can hit me for the rest and I wouldn’t know forsure who did the 90% damage to me.

There is not always a definitive death text…ala, “was slain by…”; Sometimes all it says is “Xxxx was slain”

I’m in board with this… To get more descriptive slain text

1 Like

That tends to happen if your hero dies due to reflected damage, standing in post-death explosions, or floor based damage pools like poison or fire.

2 Likes

I get that but they could add in said description

Except for the hardcore or PVP game where you can study the information when you are free, I really don’t see the purpose of death recap in D3.

how much health you got? LOL

Around 600K most of the time. Would be nice if I could see what type of damage does the most damage to me, whether its an elemental or physical attack. That way I can increase either armor or all resist. Most of the time when I play high GRs something just kills me within a second, I have no idea if this is from 1 attack or multiple attacks within that 1 second that kills me.

Well you prob took a crit from something. Chat log doesn’t tell you much if a mob killed ya :slight_smile:

Exactly what I mean lol. If I know I died from a crit physical damage from a mob that did 60% of my health I would know to get more armor at a cost of some other attribute.

I’d also like this feature. I don’t know if simply replying will bring the topic back to the top of the list or if I have to ask for it again - but YES, I’d love to know what’s kicking my butt. Not necessarily which monster, but which element, melee or whatever it specifically was.

The necromancer is bringing back the dead. Look at the date of the thread next time.

3 YEARS LATER :point_left:

Yea I saw that, and I see that you saw it too. It didn’t need a new thread - this worked just fine.

I hope the MODs do not see your necro bump, enjoy you stay on the forum

Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping old threads for no reason (also called “necroing”).

I read your link and see why you tried to remove it before I got to it. Perhaps you should read it yourself. Things that are specifically not allowed include:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics

See ya Avalon!

Look again.

Whatever, enjoy your sort stay on the forum. :peace_symbol:

speaking of mystery damage, which does "electrified’ affix do? I tried using the lightning immunity necklace but it did not work. derp.