Death Breaths On AUTO-PICKUP

I think the time is long past due.

33 Likes

Good idea. Many have asked. Will Blizz ever get around to doing it? Who knows.

5 Likes

I think this has been covered how many times already? Bring on D4.

2 Likes

Wyatt C had some kind of delusion that people were attached to their crafting materials as a justification for no auto-pickup.

That guy said a lot of things that didn’t make even a little bit of sense. I saw him once at lunch in Irvine and wanted to give him crap about the annoyingly regular dumb stuff he said, but didn’t.

7 Likes

The answer from Blizzard regarding auto-pickup of mats, or allowing pets to pickup mats has always been a resounding NO. IDK why. QoL updates are needed besides all this other stuff.

I’ve heard the excuse that it will just make life easier for botters that’s why they don’t do it. Which is utterly ridiculous because don’t they already have automatic item/mat harvesting built into their tools? It sounds exactly like the lame sort of excuse I’ve come to expect from Blizzard over the years though so who knows?

3 Likes

There should be an option that allow you to chose what to pick up and all mats are auto-pickup, like: Pick orange, green, blue, white, everything…
P/s: or at least gave me a button so i can just press that and all sutff within gold pickup radius will be picked.

4 Likes

Its not like you couldnt already write some cheap autohotkey macro that clicks on predefined pixels of a specific colour on the screen. And because DBs have those unique turquoise colour, it would be even easier. Would laugh if i would find one after 5 mins of google.

I dont get that Wakanda “We dont do that here” mentality anyways. There is absolutely no sane reason why you would NOT want to pick up anything that is crafting related and/or has an unlimited space to get stored in, what is the case in diablo the last time i checked. Its just dumb and illogical, and incoherent.

Why do i have NOT to click on Bloodshards, which fall in the exact same category? Can you give me a logical explanation for that, Blizzard?

6 Likes

Is that you, Ulysses Klaue?

good idea and please give it to us.

1 Like

Any item that doesn’t take up stash space should be on auto pick up.

7 Likes

that’s logical and obvious. There are also many other very useful suggestions here. even from 2019!
but apparently a garbage s21 season theme is going to be more important to those. I’m not surprised either. because forum is not read or taken seriously.

2 Likes

next up, I bet they are going to expect me to pick up my own gold and stuff…

Yeah. Do it.

Instead of arguing what players may like or may not, give us a simple toggle on/off option for auto-pick up.

Id even like to auto-salvage all yellows / blues / whites / non-ancient legendaries at a given time and pick em up as materials automatically.

Just simply think about tempest rush monk and the werid interaction that comes with trash dying BEHIND you because you kill them in a drive-by and have to turn every 2 seconds just to pick up stuff. Which is even harder nowadays due to the movespeed inflation the game was given over time. Sometimes i cant even klick the items precise enough because youre so fast.

except if you play Wizard of course. Their mobility is crap enough that you have all time to loot anyways.

Forcing people to click on crafting mats is just a slap to the wrist for speedbuilds so they’re not the best build for speedfarming. Forced pickups prevents people to kick non-speedfarm specs from public games for inflammating some sort of elitism. It ensures build diversity, whether you like it or not. Hint; you don’t have to like it.
Also it gives a small struggle for cooldown cycles so you never have near 100% efficiency while playing an already easy farming difficulty; like in GRs where you move constantly to the next encounter. Besides that, forced pickups is the only thing that separates Greater Rifts gameflow from regular farm difficulties.

Any game designer or developer know all of this but they will never tell you the true reason. It’s a silent refuse for years to scatter your attention so you eventually play the one final goal that is GRs. Take the hint.
Game doesn’t have to reward you for keep playing farming difficulties along eight years, it supposed to reward you for playing Greater Rifts.

Imagine how many posts there would be if the auto-vacuum pickup feature in this game was accidentally turned off? I think they ought to turn it off for a whole week just so people realize how much it helps. Come on, all you need to do is pick up one of the same item. Shhhllloooop! All of the rest pick up as well.

The game is already automated enough as it is. Do you want a game to play, or do you want the game to play itself for you?

That’s the thing though, they’ve pushed us into the speed farm builds by the overall design of D3. The only content that drops crafting mats along the way difficulty is low enough to be able to be speed farmed because of how they have overall set/game balance. They’ve pushed us into builds with mandatory long cool-down skills that through the use of items and sets they’ve given us, are reduced for 100% up time, to the point that many builds don’t work well outside of density if they’re not constantly hitting/killing things.

I get the “it’s a game, put in the effort to do the things” argument, I do. I don’t expect auto win button, but when the rest of the game funnels you so hard into the situation where it makes sense to blast through content as fast as possible, and now they’ve moved mats to a menu that no longer takes up room, it just seems like a pointless exercise to make us wait/circle back and click on DBs at this point in D3’s life considering the way the rest of the game has evolved these 8 years.

Consistent logic for crafting mats as used with gold, blood shards, and potions (back when there were normal pots you had to pickup instead of 1 unlimited one and leg ones), where if it doesn’t take up space, and it’s beneficial to have, so you always want it, they get auto-pickup, just makes sense.

I had an idea a while ago to rework the Puzzle Ring. Make the Goblin automatically pick up non-inventory crafting material items for you, and at a lower priority to also help pick up gold. That way those who want lazy farm builds can sacrifice a piece of jewelry for this feature.

I mean, outside of the path to level 70 and shortly afterwards, who wears the Puzzle Ring?

2 Likes

Bloodshards or gold do NOT give you guaranteed legendary on a static ratio. They either have different utilities, gold empowers GRs or based on luck, shards only can be gambled. As long as you keep picking up items, crafting materials that can turn into legendary items directly, such as DB and FS, will be forced to pickup. It’s part of the gameflow and ratio just emphasizes what to expect.

Things that take up zero inventory space…

1. Gold
  2. Bloodshards
  3. Crafting Ingredients

Things that are picked up by walking over / near to them…

1. Gold
  2. Bloodshards

Can you give me a good reason why crafting materials aren’t treat the same way as gold and bloodshards?

4 Likes