Dead enemies stuck/following char./attacking & more

I’m playing S22 on the PS4. I have noticed this bug repeatedly over the years that I’ve played, but so very rarely until this season.

My character, regardless of type, will kill an enemy and the enemy will not disappear at all. Instead, it will be partially upright. In the case of this specific bug, the enemy carcass will follow me around without visibly moving its parts and randomly attack me.

I have had multiple enemies do it this season (roughly 12 instances; outside of season, roughly 6 times in the past three years). Unless wearing enchanted gear that prevents portal interrupt, they will stand by and attack (in small damage, excepting tonight with elite cows that were placing arcane lasers everywhere), making it impossible to portal away from the area. Using my wizard, I can teleport far away and hope that I can make the portal, but that doesn’t always happen. Mostly, they stay on me and make it impossible to play.

During nephalem rifts, (on hard, over lvl 70) I’m also noticing many instances of two or three spawns of the same boss and/or elite pack. This is a new bug. I’ve never seen it before this season in any play through. Closing out the game completely and restarting the system does nothing for either of these issues. The repeat bosses isn’t effecting gameplay (that I know of), but it’s strange.

This has been going on for years. I started video documenting it during Season 16. It started before that and was reported by other players.

It’s also in the Player List of Known Issues. It may never be fixed.

However, since you play on PS4, you might want to move this thread to the Console Bug Report Forum.

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon next to the title of your thread. (See image below).

1. Click the "Category" field to bring up a list of D3 Forums. (See image below).

1. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  2. Save your edit.
This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies.

1 Like

Thank you. I moved the report to the section you suggested. I have noticed this before this season, but NEVER this frequently. I have at least those 12 instances documented. Prior to this, I was averaging maybe twice a year.

1 Like