Darkpatator cleared a 145 (NewSaderSet) with some effort +49seconds left and 5 augs with bad gear

I’m basically up to speed on whats what as far as the nerfs and the why for them.
The Wizard peeps should be ashamed then for doing that to the Sader community, and I do not think its ok. I advocate for no nerfs whatsoever. I’d like to see the average player 2-4k para being able to push GR140 in non season. I think that’s reasonable.
If Necro and Wiz were clearing high because of bugs, fine, fix the bugs and up the damage so they are clearing basically where they were at with the bug. I also think there should NOT be any ‘hidden mechanics’ controlling this game, and Blizz needs to put an end to that nonsense - as well as not letting nerf trolls and bots influence what the devs do.

3 Likes

I agree, the game is far enough along in its life for this.

1 Like

So ask for DH buffs. Real simple.

I have. I want Monk buffed as well. But Blizz can’t hear one measly player.

1 Like

Absolutely correct, sir. TY.

1 Like

So they can implement them in 6 months?

Ok I see a 144 clear with almost 9000 para, I don’t see a 145 , and I have to say I would have been nice for barbs to top, but maybe crusader will be in the meta now as RGK for the first time ever at least barb is still in the meta, also hota and siesmic slam were buffed and performing well

I seem to have lost my TL3 due to a few weeks’ absence.

Darkpatator has a 146 clear on his youtube (in time), he also has a 150 (1.5 minutes or so over time - with fishing he’s certain he’ll get it).

And there is no maybe - Crusader RGK; bazooka trash clear; monk and pull barb for 150s. That’s the push meta as I see it already.

And Crusaders get the best solo push now too.

Well played, Blizzard.

1 Like

It may take years…

1 Like

Not enough data for a table yet. The bots haven’t been active long enough to collate enough information.

Whenever they deem fit. This wasn’t a DH centered patch, don’t know what to tell you. If you want adjustments to DH, make a thread I’ll support it.

If seeing another class getting nerfed makes you ‘feel’ better about playing your class based only on gr clears you need to re examine why you play this game; because it isn’t for fun.

Which class should have that honor?

The most dramatic video is by sVr90 - SINGLE DPS 150 with 3 supports. Cleared with 3:08 to spare.

1 Like

Please don’t post dissect like that - you lose the overall point. So I’ll explain again: Crusaders got a massive boost both in terms of solo push and into the push meta while, simultaneously, the devs were uncomfortable allowing Lamentation to remain (even at 200%) which would not have given barbarians a similar push.

They stated, to be clear, that 200% was ‘overshooting’ it. So somehow they did so much internal testing and analysis that Lamentation warranted a nerf. Yet…where was this testing on Crusaders? Why no hesitation to ‘overshoot’ it with Crusaders?

I have been perfectly clear in making this point. It is not about ‘who is the best’ - it is about why Barbarians were dumped on. I hope this clarifies matters for you.

@Alex - I hadn’t seen that. Thank you - it shows an even starker contrast.

1 Like

Since barb with lamentation wasn’t going to be close to 'sader with the new set numbers it wasn’t much of a dissection. I’m not at all in favor of the Lamentation nerf, it was a bad nerf done for bad reasons.

Maybe they didn’t ‘overshoot’ with Crusaders. We won’t know till they communicate something. People using personal bias to say they ‘overshot’ doesn’t mean that’s actually the case.

Why no testing? No idea. They’ve done things like this before although it’s usually to Crusaders detriment not benefit.

It does, thanks. I’d rather see Lamentation back at 200% and an un nerfed AoV in the new ERA. If the metric for success is time played it makes sense to have as many powerful and fun options for play as possible to promote active play.

1 Like

I can’t play this game in group if no group want to take me in, because my class sucks. Clear enough?

2 Likes

Said 'sader players for the last 5 years. WD as well. At least Impale had an off meta spot in speeds. Maybe, just maybe you’ll have to do what myself and other players have done; play something other than your main to get into group. Heaven forbid.

Like I said, ask for DH buffs and I’ll support it. Not going to support nerfs based on the fact that it will make some happy to watch another group of people lose something. That isn’t going to ‘improve’ your group experience as far as DH goes. Buffing the class will.

Really immature line of logic you’ve got going here. Very entitled.

3 Likes

Thanks. I think this message bears repetition - let the classes who are having some time to shine revel in that. This is not the problem that I see. Like I said above (and you seem to have agreed with), even if Lamentation was put to 200% it wouldn’t put whirlrend barbs where Crusaders are now. And that’s fine. The issue is why Lamentation was nerfed outright a priori given what we are being told about ‘internal testing’.

I’m against anyone calling for nerfs. At this stage the hotfix Blizzard should put out is Lamentation back to 200%. Then give it a season and look overall at where people are.

1 Like

Glad we understand eachother. 200% Lamentation wouldn’t top AoV, there would be at least a 3 gr difference. As it stands the PTR WW clear is 5 grs back of 'sader so that nerf looks like the idiotic knee jerk it was.

I blame developers and trolls. Really can’t fathom that Lamentation change.

1 Like

You are toll if you think balance is achieved only by buffing and with no nerfs.

3 Likes

I say you’re trolling; because you don’t want the game to improve with positive changes for your class (DH) which I said I’d support. You’re only interested in seeing another class brought down, thereby fixing nothing.

You’d have to be totally ignorant of this games specific structure to think that nerfing (different than bug fixing) is the best way to get anything done. The reason Crusaders were left with Condemn for over a year was because of nerfs to blessed hammers/shield. Before that it was LON Bombard because of massive nerfs to Thorns of the Invoker. Nerfing exasperates issues more than buffing in this game because it’s a constant progression forward in terms of GR levels.

If you don’t get that or willfully look the other way you aren’t qualified to talk about balance by proxy of delusion.

Like I said, you need to really examine why you play this game. Also your biased preconceptions as to how powerful we should be at this point in the games life in solo.

Maybe try out the new sader and monk setups. You may find that you have a lot of fun with them.

4 Likes