D4's paragon system

Good call. Still wouldn’t be happy if they add it because after that, it’s only a matter of one expansion for them to break the game progress; so everything returns to D3 where you repeat a yardstick 'till you burn out.

Requires other systems to interfere and stand as an obstacle to player properly so instead of infinite growth on power creep with stacked defense and damage, it forces player to optimize for different mediums in combat.
Planned end game models also contribute to it; will there be one goalpost for players to stick together or more than many where they split and ditch each other.

1 Like

Seeing this post and the arguments for such system, remind me exactly when they put this system in D3 and how this is just terrible for the game till nowadays.

Just as a reminder, diminishing returns is used in many stats in d3, what you are purposing is basically the same system that, in my opinion, is the worst thing in this game.

Look all you have to do is have paragon system be for cosmetic rewards. Boom! then you have no issues, the second power is attached to a infinite scaling system it no longer works. PS: Have fun with all the botters, just look at D3.

Then please stop posting on our forum!

But they asked us to write D4 feedback here

No, Blizzard asked for D4 ideas to implement.

Noone asked for ppl to troll d3.

1 Like

Noone trolls D3
But pointing out past mistakes, is important to improve future projects

It is proving something real simple and you missed it. It is saying that since I didn’t have to get to 100 to get what I wanted in that game. The same is true in a paragon system that I do believe would work for D4 if they do have a paragon system. It is because players would stop after a while and try out other builds because they know that still playing the same one that will not get you any more power than what you currently have is a waste of time.

They will move on just like I moved on to other builds with other characters. Just like I moved on from one game to another.

What is bragging rights gonna do for you. What you have to play for 20+ years to get well over 30k paragon in a game where you won’t be any stronger than the one with 5k paragon. 30k+ just for bragging rights, I highly doubt that anyone would play that long to get that high even if they could do it.

At Blizzcon I remember Blizz being asked how are you gonna support D4 with new content going after launch. Now if players don’t mind not ever seeing any new content at all. This is how the majority feels then why would anyone bother asking that question. Which was answered by Blizz when they said with expansions IIRC.

If adding new content wasn’t that important then why have players complained about the lack of new content in this game. They always complain about it and say that Blizz needs to be like GGG and add a ton of new content to this game.

Look they can always have both, cosmetics and microtransactions. Cosmetics and customization options unlockable with paragon along with microtransactions. Where the ones in the shop are not like the ones that you can unlock in the game.

I think the problem is, that you are VERY subjective
YOU dont care to reach max level, YOU dont care to use all skillpoints
But majority of players do
And the game should be built, to satisfy those people and most of them will not enjoy eihter infitine levels or infinite skillpoints

We can’t handle this infinite stuff at all. We need almost everything to have limits. We cannot limit ourselves.

The skill point tomes you can choose to either pick up or ignore. After all it is not like they are swept into your inventory and instantly used.

Please no paragons in Diablo 4. If you enjoy paragons, then go play Diablo 3.

i will try to explain it to you, a last time and then, pls stop repeating yourself its just very annoying and noone will accept your arguments

the whole “limiting system” has nothing to do, with holding ones hand and telling them, how to play
actually it is the very difference
the game is fighting you, as you are fighting the game
why, do you think, its called “you beat the game”?
the job of the games rules and limitations is, to prevent you from being too strong and your job is, to find solutions and possible synergies within the “limited” options, that you have, to become as powerful as you possibly can and feel rewarded, if you manage to become powerful enough, to “beat the game”
if there is no limit and no rule, you will never be able to feel this satisfaction, because noone was trying to hold you back, while you tried to push yourself

imagine a marathon, where the rules are: yea you can actually just take a bike and win the run, but hey, what about you limit yourself to have more fun?
and everyone is taking a bike and your like “this sucks” and then, ShadowAegis comes around like: “hey, i limit myself too, you can do anything you want, sky is the limit, dont let olympiad daddy hold your hand”
sounds stupid right?

Okay then I guess then in D2 you didn’t have those that beat the game naked for the challenge of it. You didn’t have those in vanilla D3 that decided to try to see how far they could go in hardcore with a totally random build. Here I am saying something real simple, the game must set a ton of limits or you are not satisfied. Even limits on customization. Or maybe even some cases it would limit you to only using one attack skill and one piece of gear. After all all of the other pieces of gear and skills will make you too strong ending in no satisfaction.

How dare anyone put limits on themselves, which players have done just for the challenge of it. Just to see what they can do. The game must do it for them.

Those limits can even stretch to lower the amount of customization options down to one. Now with that one and only customization option available how close can you come to making the character of your dreams.

Now do you see what I am saying.

I can say the same thing that the devs give us only enough points to unlock only one skill and raise it to max. Where we have even a smaller amount of talent points as well. Where we only one one piece of gear a weapon. Where we have only one customization option. The whole thing is a limitation of ones in all areas of the game. The rule there can be only one (Highlander).

you are obviously exaggerating, because you have no argument
a game has to be balanced and players should not be forced, to put limits on themselves, to make it exciting, in the first place
you can always try to make it harder for yourself
but when the vanilla version of a game is basically godmode
the game is BS XD
so, you will not get such a game in D4
just wait for mod support and enable godmode

But you are saying that beating a game with limits is fun. Well then beating the game with the ultimate amount of limits is super satisfying then right. And it fits what you said below perfectly. So that is why the game has to have a ton of limits. Without them it is instant god mode right.

no
its about balance
but writing with you for some days now, on this forum, i dont really expect you to understand that, anymore

According to you too many choices equals instant god mode. That is why there can only be one choice for all things in a game. The ultimate limitations and the ultimate satisfaction, right.

i will end this here
its a waste of time^^

Logarithmic regression would fit with this!

The only way any paragon system can work is if you DON"T gain power or stats that can improve DPS of anytype.
Give us pickup range, ok thats a small power but at a set limit, and unlock MTX items the first Mount things like that.