D4:Predictions for 5th Class

I think there are 4 ways they go. Before I list my thoughts, I think alot of people thought or still think Amazon, I’m going to say I don’t think so. One of the main reason I think is that with no gender locks in D4- there isn’t such thing as a “male Amazon” version. They could maybe create a male type but I feel its highly unlikely they do.

1. Necromancer: Probably (arguably) the most popular class in both D2 and D3 that it would be a disservice to leave it out again like they did at D3 launch. There is no current Summoner class which makes Necro a viable option.

2. Paladin/Crusader: While the Barbarian can wield a shield, one of the things that make this class unique is the shield as not only a staple but its identity and ability to use it also as a weapon. The other thing that makes this class a viable option is there is currently no holy class.

3. Creating an entirely new character: One of the ideas ive heard by some streamers on YT was a priest summoner. In a way it’s almost like merging a Crusader and Necromancer as a new character. Another idea ive heard was a “Death knight.” I think this is a viable option because it stretches creativity for the Diablo franchise-a class never seen before really keeps things fresh for fans and the game.

4. The Warrior- a remaster (or remake) of the original class from D1. I see them taking this route with the introduction of the other two D1 classes- Rogue/Sorcerer(es). In a way it makes sense that they go back to the games roots and reintroduce the original 3 classes in a new era and generation that never had the pleasure of playing D1. This also gives the Devs a chance to be creative and modernize the 3 original classes into something unique.

The Warrior is my prediction.

Maybe it’s the name, but Warrior just sounds too bland. Even Rogue, just the name itself, implies far more than ranged fighter+knives.

I think the rogue pretty much knocked the Amazon, assassin, and dh out of the running. I also think the barb will probably replace the warrior. My guess is a paladin, crusader, monk, Templar, or some other holy warrior. In a world with so much darkness, there has to be a light to combat it… Right?

1 Like

Must be a summoner/pet/minion class as nothing in the game yet as to that.

Necromancer it has to be given how popular it is.

1 Like

If it is not a Monk, I don’t care… :pensive:

So I hear the talk of Death knights and Necromancers or Paladins but I think we’re getting a new holy class. It’ll be like the templar but with elements of the Paladin using spear, polearms, or Specters and of course shields. Since both the paladin and templar orders have been disbanded or destroyed… the new class will/should be called the Zealot. it would incorporate elements of the paladin, crusader, templar and amazon with the class itself coming across as weary and a bit unhinged where some of his skills would be questionable such as Fray (where you skin a demon) or Holy Water (Throwing bottles of Boiling hot Holy water on to demons)… you get the idea. I think it could be a fresh take on the holy class. the lore would be that since the fall of these once great orders a few stalwart devoted warriors refuse to give up their beliefs. Their convictions are so strong that they needn’t any formal institution to support their cause though many of their former colleagues question their methods none question their results. The real debate is rather or not these are Righteous Holy Warriors or Sadistic deranged souls hiding behind the church. Their resources could be Cruelty & Compassion or Control, each resource would act in a different way. Cruelty would build similar to the Barb’s Fury while Compassion would act more like DH’s disciple. What you guys think?

I am thinking a Monk/Sader/Pally hybrid, might be in order. It sort of fits the same role, but maybe change a few things.