D4: what kind of player you are and how would you like your drop ratio?

It’s the same with every game after years of playing the same content. Hence why they bring out new games.

Graphics probably wont change much. But most game features likely will.
D3 runes had like 5 different (officially, probably even more than that behind the scene) versions. Etc.
Not just new features, but redesigns of existing ones.

Only more so when we are talking about features that haven’t even been implemented in a first version yet.

Yea they are a long way from finishing items and skills they said that. I like how they know where people flocked to and will avert attention to detail where people didn’t adventure. I just hope they concentrate on getting a new game out and then work on DLC.

Yeah you’re not sure of a lot of things. I highly doubt you know what you were even trying to say.

I’m sleepy and not in the mood to spell people’s own things out.

You figure it out.

3 Likes

I’d love for them to give us a release date but I think we won’t get it this year. I expect this year they will announce one or two classes.

I’ll expect they may also announce it has been delay by covid (probably all Blizz games will get that announcement).

If they announce one class this year then that would imply they have a minimum of another year and a half - Because they’d be saving the last class announcement for Blizzcon 2021.

If they announce both at Blizzcon online edition 2020, then they may announce a release date at Blizzcon 2021.

So I estimate earliest we’ll see D4 would be 2022. (I’ll be happy if I’m wrong though)

They are going to bring out more than 3 classes upon release? certainly getting your moneys worth there if so.

They have confirmed they intend to release with 5 classes.

To my knowledge the only class confirmed to not appear in that lineup is the Necromancer.

Edit:
The above statement about the Necromancer was not officially confirmed by Blizzard or a dev. I was projecting a bit of hearsay.

intend means it could change i guess who knows. I know that we will be getting our moneys worth for sure with 5.

When did anyone from Blizzard say that? Link please?

Did it before your reply because I wasn’t expecting a genuine answer anyways.

Low. D3 1.05-1.08.

Neither the 3 months playing 24/7 to get one like at release, nor the current legendaries raining from everywhere.

A game about getting loot should have very rare things in order to keep the excitement. You don’t get excited about 1 thing you get always every 10 minutes. But Vanilla 1.00 was a nonsense.

original D3 might have been that to you. It was however everything everyone wanted at the time. People were happy for a while until they didn’t really get any drops i guess and people abused the trade system in place. It was hard to gear, it was hard to play and it was much slower paced.

Sorry, don’t understand.

What I remember from early D3 was half the world complaining for Error37, and the other half complaining because dropping a yellow item was a miracle. Blizzard even patched and raised the drop saying “from now on, elite groups have a guaranteed yellow drop”, if that reminds you how low was even the drop of yellow items. And after that, they kept raising the yellow drop to heaven.

It wasn’t until 1.05 that “regular humans” playing the game could see legendaries dropping.

i don’t remember getting many errors. But sure errors happen as they do in any game. Yes drops were rare but the game was new and end game content and DLC was still being made. I remember spending all my gold on the ah to gear up as well as playing.

Dude… Don’t want to be rude but… If you say that I really doubt you really played early D3. Error37 was a huge legend.

I insist, no bad intentions. But D3 launch was a milestone into the most accidental buggy releases.

i personally don’t remember error 37. What was it again? Sorry i tend to just fix errors and play on, and not think about them again.

An error when tryng to start a game. Didn’t have a descriptive info attached. And trust me, you didn’t fix that, it was on Blizzards side.

well then i guess i found a quick fix for it or a work around and carried on playing as i can’t remember it.

Again. You couldn’t fix it. And it affected everyone.

i remember a lot of maintenance (like in all new games). I just played other games while it was happening.