D4 please have shop options for Ability enhancements

Cosmetics can be more then just mounts, pets’ and wings. Add ability cosmetics that make a general ability like Lightning look way cooler with double static effects and blue hue. Whirlwind could have blood squirts and look twice as cool. Just make options that have way better effects and colors available to buy.

Why not ask them to just be part of the game? :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

huh

Summary

huh

IF they do anything like this, only the player using it should see the effect. Otherwise you hurt the readability of the game.

Same for all cosmetics. At minimum a toggle for turning other players cosmetic changes off.

1 Like

rides past on an invisible horse weee
On another note though (jokes aside) i do sort of agree if they do implement the weapon effects.

Show the standard horse obviously :stuck_out_tongue:

just get a computer that meets the system requirements? Something from this decade?

That has nothing to do with what I said. Readability isnt hardware performance related.

This isnt poe, Blizzard has actual good artists. You will have to see my Purple Rain Blizzard effects, otherwise why else would i buy it?

I have no words for this…

I know he’s bordering on trolling, but Blizzard wouldn’t let you just recolor or dye your skills/gear to any color. They would curate the colors so they fit the game. So if he were to have purple rain, it would probably look like arcane rain and be as readable as all other effects.

Just to note, my lack of words was not related to his choices of colors. It would fit perfectly with my imaginary rainbow pony.
So whatever colors can be chosen is irrelevant.
Just the ideas of only wanting to buy it if others can see his character. That is immensely sad.

That isn’t really the point in regard to readability.
One thing in the game should have one look. So players can easily see which enemies they are fighting, which gear, spells etc is used.

Yes sure, if you dye your gear in new colors that doesn’t change the look or rather the silhouette, which is usually the focus of readability.
But the topic here was talking about changing the effects, not just the color. Besides, I would argue that the color of spells matter much more for readability, than color of clothing, so the two can’t be compare one to one.
Being able to dye your gear, and it showing the change to other players is fine imo. But all other changes, new shapes and effects on gear, all changes to spells, mounts, etc. need to look as they are designed by default and nothing else.
Unless you actually want them to look like something else of course… hence why it needs to be a toggable setting, on whether you want to see any kinds of cosmetic changes from other players.

Did you you have any credibility issues with others or yourself using different runes that changed the color or design of the original skill in D3? I see it as no different than that.

Every ability color or design change in D3 was clearly readable IMO. As it looks so far in D4 there are no radical changes to skills with runes, So color swaps within the color palette given shouldn’t make a difference. Fireballs will be fireballs whether they are red, yellow, blue, or green.

Edit: hit reply too soon.

I agree that you shouldn’t have an option to change fireball to look like an ice bolt or anything like that.

It is. A new rune changes the skill. Each rune should very much have different looks so you can tell which one are being used.
But you should exactly not be able to change rune A to look like rune B. Or change both A and B to a new look Z. So you can’t tell what is what.

And while a blue fireball might still look like a fireball, it likely looks less as a fireball than before, and closer to some other frost based attacks.
And to note, I don’t particularly care about either immersion or realism, so if all fireballs in D4 was blue I would be fine with that, and then I should be able to avoid seeing someone change fireball to a red color, making it differ from its intended look.

We saw some of it in Starcraft where Blizzard added unit skins. Afaik they made sure it only affected the owning player. As readability is extremely critical in an RTS.
Same kind of thinking should apply here too.
Sadly, in HotS they disregarded all readability concerns.

I’m not sure what you mean by that for HotS, I found every skin easily readable for every character.