>>[D4]<< #MakeDruidGreatAgain ---- Druid WISHLIST

• COOL long lasting transformations
  • Magic more different than sorc aka more dependent on the environment.
  • Wind based spells
  • Make game mechanics in line with Druid’s lore.
  • Tier based progression
  • Explanations on skill usage limitations

SHAPESHIFT :

The blizzcon gameplay was a great disappointment, shapeshift instead of shapeshift is just an attack… Transformation should be something that changes everything about your character. Giving different attributes(that should measure your char capabilities), and persist for a long time. Not just another attack.

MAGIC :

Druid magic needs to be more primal in relation to other types of magic. An good way to do that is by making the magic affect and more affected by the environment. Eg - Hurricane in a cold and humid region far more strong than in a desert. Hailstorm making mobs weaker to cold and lightning damage.

Wind spells should not only deal damage, but be used to control the enemies. You should be able to knock down and push enemies depending on the skill level and mob’s STR/Weight and level.

Like gust of the wind on sacred 1/2.

PROGRESSION

The worst thing that can happen is if the skills could’t level up or are artificially tied to gear. Make skills leveling meaningful, a lv 1 “tornado” tiny and a lv 20 colossal.

MECHANICS IN LINE WITH LORE.

For eg, a healing spirit that needs to be “reformed” after being used is a good way to justify cooldowns but I don’t wanna cooldowns on everything with no explanation. Nor that the domain over winds is tied to the size and sharpness of my axe.

From the demos that has been played so far, Druid looks great imo.
They also clearified, that if you want to be in bear form or wolf form all the time, you can spec into this.

And we don’t know many of the spells yet. Nothing to see = nothing to judge really.
From what I’ve seen it looks great.

1 Like

But it will affect your character statistics? Like move speed, STR, DEX, attack ratting and so on?

What about wind spells?

Will D4 even have STR, DEX anymore? It looks like attack, defense.

That is AWFUL. On Sacred 1, Gust of Wind has a “push” force of 70 at lv 1 and of 200 at lv 25. Enough to push most enemies. The size of the wind also increases from 7 to 20… That is a satisfying progression.

I don’t think there is something like this. Other than move speed etc. Every class got a dash ability that could be seen in the demos as well. When you make attacks, it seems like you can choose to charge into enemies, affecting “movement speed” for a bit. Or you can go around being a caster of lightning etc.
I’ve not seen any wind spells. They focused on earth and lightning or some sort of it.
Most likely, when you are in bear form, you will become harder to kill. So there could be a sort of implementing stats in a way.
But from what we are able to see, str, dex etc. is not there

That is awful.

They should make skills interacting more with this attributes and mobs attributes, not removing skills. To be fair, attributes on D3 arne’t proper attributes, they don’t measure your char capabilities, they just measure how fancy your shoes are.

Don’t the new “powers” replace the old stats?

They are not done with the game at all and will change things up.
I don’t mind there is another system than what is in D3 for example. From the demos I can see on a legendary item : attack, defense, crit strike chance and some sort of another affix, like some attacks do something and 6 percent damage to enemies outside of melee range

I bet all the players ‘now’ griping about a game that isn’t or is in Alpha stage will be the first to buy the game and rave about it after 5 minutes of play time.

1 Like

nonono big sharp axe better

1 Like

I’m going to risk this one, I can’t help it. The little red guy on my shoulder has too much power right now. Oh, he’s laughing too.

What if… he likes fancy shoes?

1 Like

That would be me, I want something new, bring on D4. Out with the old in with the new.

2 Likes

No, I just believe that the STR attribute should measure how strong my char is. And that magical gear should do things more interesting than kill my character individuality.

I know what you meant. I was just being a sock puppet. Also, I agree. However, I see D4 trying to do things a little differently than D1 D2 D3 and other games. Hopefully it works out for the better.

Yes, just like Avalon, bring on D4 already.

I see you being the Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons.

Buys D4.

Plays said D4 for 5 minutes.

BEST GAME EVER!

Not really, there’s no skill or talent spec that increases the duration of your Druid transformation. Once you use a shapeshifting skill, you remain in the form for about 3 seconds, before shifting back into a human. So while you’re fighting, you can remain shapeshifted nearly indefinitely as long as you use the appropriate shapeshifting skill; however outside of combat, your transformation duration is incredibly limited; which for some players kills the fantasy of traveling while transformed.

There are some talents that improves your movement speed, while in Werewolf form, or that grants you some damage reduction, while in Werebear form. That’s about it. Also, stats like attack rating aren’t coming back, at least there’s no word on it returning thus far.

With all that said, it should be noted that the game is still in it’s early phase, and many aspects of it can change. Just like how we were going to get ancient legendary tier items, yet they removed it from their plans or how they made changes to the skill and talent system.

Actually, I like that. For Diablo, I would rather be in a ‘were’ form while in combat vs. running around in such a state, especially if they are going to implement some kind of mount system. This is Diablo, not WoW.

Please do not make D4 like WoW.

Eh, wouldn’t really be WoW if Diablo already did first with Diablo 2. Besides, if they add a talent that increases the duration that you would stay transformed, you could still easily shift back into a human by just using a earth or wind skill.

1 Like

As long as I do not have this reaction at launch (Error 37).

1 Like